TSN: 2016 World Junior Championship (Colin White Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
U.S always loves to have a couple speedy role players on the team every year. Having Easnor, Hitchcock and Bjork on the team isn't that surprising, it's having inferior offensive players like Bittner, Bellows and Kellers over clearly better offensive players in Connor, Roslovic and Tuch, that is the issue with that team.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
His slash was worthy of a suspension, but it was in retaliation for being cross-checked from behind in his crease. Apparently it wasn't the first time he was cross-checked in the game, all without penalties.

I put a lot of blame on the referees for losing control of the game and not protecting the goalie. Especially egregious with Blackwood on the verge of leaving for WJC camp.

Rals

Apr 5, 2011
Ottawa
Chabot isn't on team Canada is he?

I'm scared to watch this year's WJHC in fear that konecny will let it up.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
You wanted the Sens to take Konecny, we get it.

Just watch the damned tournament.

lol.

I expect Konecny to have a very strong tournament. Just be glad he wasn't selected by the Habs or something.

I'm really looking forward to seeing White, and/or Chabot if he makes it. We took White because he was a better-rounded player, who is likely to better transfer his skills to the NHL. We'll see how it all plays out.

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
Konecny only has 7 goals in 29 games this year.

I know he's a playmaker and he has a ton of assists but still, 7 goals...

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
Konecny only has 7 goals in 29 games this year.

I know he's a playmaker and he has a ton of assists but still, 7 goals...

Lol, he has 38 assists.

Anyone who watches the 67's knows he doesn't take a lot of shots. I'll gladly take a centre like that when you have a winger like Marner who is going ot need someone to put him in a position to score.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Lol, he has 38 assists.

Anyone who watches the 67's knows he doesn't take a lot of shots. I'll gladly take a centre like that when you have a winger like Marner who is going ot need someone to put him in a position to score.
Marner need someone to set him up? I have seen nothing of the sort from him.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
I'm a little surprised so many people are writing off Chabot's chances. Why is that? I get the top 2 LD's are basically locks, but Chabot is certainly good enough to go to the right side or at the very least hold down the #3 LD spot. It seems like everyone is writing in guys like Dermott over him.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I'm a little surprised so many people are writing off Chabot's chances. Why is that? I get the top 2 LD's are basically locks, but Chabot is certainly good enough to go to the right side or at the very least hold down the #3 LD spot. It seems like everyone is writing in guys like Dermott over him.

Dermott is 19, that's why he would be there over Chabot.

Chabot has done nothing but improve his chances. He will almost certainly be headed to Finland, whether he makes the team or not is yet to be seen.

Picked up an assist in today's game.

HispanicAtTheDisco

Oct 17, 2014
Ottawa, Ont.
Canada cuts Dubois, Dal Colle, Watson, and Chychrun.

Still two defenseman and one forward to be cut. (Two if Virtanan gets loaned.)

Defenseman still around are Sanheim, Fleury, Hicketts, Chabot, Juulsen, Dermott, Hickey, McKeown, and Lauzon.

Personally I have Chabot ahead of Dermott and Lauzon, also have him ahead of Juulsen and McKeown but they are the only righties.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Damn....didn't know there was a game on. From those that watched, how was Chabot overall (besides the assist)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad