TSN: 2016 World Junior Championship (Colin White Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
:bow: Once again, my fav tournament every year around the Holidays :xtree:

Looking forward to seeing our SENS prospects Chabot, White & Englund and as an added bonus, Ottawa 67’s Forward Travis Konecny :yo:

Canadas Preliminary Schedule

Tue Dec 29 Canada vs Switzerland 1:00 pm

Thu Dec 31 Sweden vs Canada 1:00 pm

Followed by Quarter-final Sat Jan 2, Teams TBD

****ALL GAMES ON TSN

http://stats.hockeycanada.ca/schedule/league_instance/28289?subseason=212878
------------------------------------
Camp Rosters

Canada
Finland
Sweden
Switzerland
USA

Last edited:

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
Chabot will likely be cut unless he really blows everyone away at camp.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Which is possible. They only have 2 RHD... not sure how comfortable Chabot is on the right side... but he has the hands to do it. might give him an edge for the 7th spot

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Honestly.. this should really be the WJC Colin White Edition if you're watching this thing from a Sens perspective.

WhiteLight*

Does Canada actually have 7 defensemen better than Chabot?

Dermott, Dunn, McKeown, Juulsen, even Hicketts.... why are they better?

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013
Does Canada actually have 7 defensemen better than Chabot?

Dermott, Dunn, McKeown, Juulsen, even Hicketts.... why are they better?

They don't have to be better, they just have to be in Hockey Canada's good books. Chabot was a late addition to the summer camp, meaning he wasn't high on Canada's list at the start of the year. He could definitely still make the team, but he's not a lock.

WhiteLight*

They don't have to be better, they just have to be in Hockey Canada's good books. Chabot was a late addition to the summer camp, meaning he wasn't high on Canada's list at the start of the year. He could definitely still make the team, but he's not a lock.

sigh

I'd like to see this

Beauvillier - Strome - Marner
Dal Colle - Point - Konecny
Dubois - Barzal - Gauthier
Crouse - Chartier - Merkley
Quenneville

Sanheim - Chabot
Fleury - McKeown
Walman - Juulsen
Chychrun

Blackwood
McDonald

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Chabot will be in a battle with Walman, Juulsen, Dermott, Chychrun and Mckeown for the final 3 spots.

Sanheim, Hicketts, Fleury and Hickey already have their spots sealed IMO, and believe Walman also has an inside track.

Also, anybody saying Chabot is not as highly thought of because of his late addition to camp need to get their head out of their ass. The love HC showed for Jonathon Roy certainly helped him.

Chabot is playing his way on the radar by being the top D in the Q, regardless of the stars of Lauzon/Roy.

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013
Chabot will be in a battle with Walman, Juulsen, Dermott, Chychrun and Mckeown for the final 3 spots.

Sanheim, Hicketts, Fleury and Hickey already have their spots sealed IMO, and believe Walman also has an inside track.

Also, anybody saying Chabot is not as highly thought of because of his late addition to camp need to get their head out of their ass. The love HC showed for Jonathon Roy certainly helped him.

Chabot is playing his way on the radar by being the top D in the Q, regardless of the stars of Lauzon/Roy.

Whoa whoa. I just said he wasn't as highly thought of by Hockey Canada at the beginning of the year. I'm not saying they don't think highly of him now. He's obviously had a very good season and Hockey Canada's noticed that. But he's not a lock to make the team.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011

This, Mckenzie said it yesterday they already have 3 19 year old top left side D and so many left sides some will have to play right and chabot probably will not make the team.

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
So who is this year's Codi Ceci (the deserving guy who was left off HC's roster)

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
WJC better than Xmas

:bow: Once again, my fav tournament every year around the Holidays :xtree:

Looking forward to seeing our SENS prospect Thomas Chabot and as an added bonus, Ottawa 67’s Forward Travis Konecny :yo:

picture.php

IMHO this tourney should be a national holiday! ;)

And it should have its own early morning traditions for eating breakfast while watching games broadcast overseas from Finland. Like waffles w whipped cream & maple syrup, and traditional Canada-themed alcoholic beverages like "Red and Gold"
http://www.completecocktails.com/Drinks/RedandGold.aspx#.Vl9Bd8T3aK0

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Agreed. The fact that Perron was left off and has 57 points in 24 games is just ridiculous.

Hockey Canada should be putting the best players on the ice. Not everyone's "top" prospects in where they were drafted.

**** Hockey Canada

Conor Garland didn't get an invite either.

I like Perron too, but the points leaderboard in a league like the QMJHL doesn't mean as much when picking a team to play the best the world has to offer as some might think. Points don't necessarily equal "the best players".

Just saying.

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013

I like Perron too, but the points leaderboard in a league like the QMJHL doesn't mean as much when picking a team to play the best the world has to offer as some might think. Points don't necessarily equal "the best players".

Just saying.

Garland's an American.

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario

Just saying.

Completely agree. There's more to it for sure. Have you watched any of Rouyn-Noranda though? Any games I've seen he passes the eye test as well.

The dude is playing like he has a piece of dynmaite in his ass. That's who I want on team C every boxing day.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
IMHO this tourney should be a national holiday! ;)

And it should have its own early morning traditions for eating breakfast while watching games broadcast overseas from Finland.

Amen!

Honestly.. this should really be the WJC Colin White Edition if you're watching this thing from a Sens perspective.

Canadian boys only Mr. Cherry!

Tjuven

Nov 19, 2015
Bolanche
Im actually going to Helsinki To attend Switzerland-Sweden and USA-Canada and it would be really cool if Chabot makes the team.:handclap: When the time comes for the final roster it would be sweet if you guys could give me some more input about who to keep an eye for in the Canadian team. All the news about this in Sweden is 99% about the top prospects.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Amen!

Canadian boys only Mr. Cherry!

You're just going to have to deal with the fact that not every single Sens fan on this subforum is Canadian ;)

I'm hoping Chabot makes it on TC and of course I'm rooting for the red and white regardless, but I'm going to be highly interested in what White is up to on team USA.

On another note, I actually love when this tournament is overseas. You have the WJC in the morning, sometimes some Sens at night, it's great.

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
If good ol' Tommy Cabot gets cut, I am cheering for the USA. Go Colin White. Can't wait to see him shut-down Strome and Marner.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Well, since the tourney is on big ice, how do the other LD rank in terms of skating? I haven't watched a lot of CHL games over the past few years, but I seriously doubt we have 3-4 LDs who are better in that area (or moving the puck) than Chabot.

Or is HC going back to the 1980s nobody-can-skate-but-we're-all-big mantra? :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad