2016 World Cup Talk: ROR, Eichel, Kulikov, Ristolainen participating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
McLellan telling Eichel not to skate where his wingers are and overloading an area in the process. I hope this message is drilled into his head all season by our staff too.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
McLellan telling Eichel not to skate where his wingers are and overloading an area in the process. I hope this message is drilled into his head all season by our staff too.

Heard that too. And yes, for sure. Blysma needs to take notes.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
With the Team Europe/Czech game going to OT and Czechs getting a point. The USA has to win vs Canada or they're out.

It would have been a long shot to get in with a loss vs Canada. It would have taken a 3 way tie at 1-2 and the goal differential. But that's not an option anymore with the Czech's getting a point.

Win or done.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Win or done.

So in other words, done.

When I saw the team that the USA put together....I immediately became a Team NA fan for this World Cup.

Terrible management for this cycle. Awful. Frankly, I wouldn't mind the US going 0-3 and being embarrassed while doing so. Maybe it'll initiate change.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
So in other words, done.

When I saw the team that the USA put together....I immediately became a Team NA fan for this World Cup.

Terrible management for this cycle. Awful. Frankly, I wouldn't mind the US going 0-3 and being embarrassed while doing so. Maybe it'll initiate change.

I hope they make changes. But I'm not holding my breath.

The guys building this team actually thought there were some parallels between the current roster and the 1996 World Cup team. Which is absurd.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
@TeamEUR_WCH - @Drat_29 buries on a breakaway at 2:06 of OT to end the longest game in #TeamEUR history.
3-2 final - 2-0 record. #WCH2016

Last edited:

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Your really think Torts is doing a good job? wow.

I don't think he's doing a good or bad job.

And I certainly dont think scratching Buff is a basis for criticism. Buff has been brutal defensively. Can't blame a guy when you're forced to play either Buff or Jack Johnson.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I don't think he's doing a good or bad job.

And I certainly dont think scratching Buff is a basis for criticism. Buff has been brutal defensively. Can't blame a guy when you're forced to play either Buff or Jack Johnson.

Torts was part of the "brain trust" that put this roster together. With a team building philosophy that wasn't very well suited to this tournament. So yes we can get on him.

You actually think Big Buff and Jack Johnson are comparable players?

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Torts had a hand in picking the roster. So yes you can get on him.

Torts was part of the "brain trust" that put this roster together. With a team building philosophy that wasn't very well suited to this tournament.

You actually think Big Buff and Jack Johnson are comparable players?

They're comparable in the sense that they both suck defensively.

I think the team building philosophy is just fine...they just went overboard. It also helps when the team (the actual players) play like they are suppose to play against other teams besides Canada.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
They're comparable in the sense that they both suck defensively.

Buff led all American born dmen in offense last year and has been a 18-20g 50+pt point dman for the last 3 seasons. Even if I agreed that they were equally poor defensively (and I don't). Buff is much better offensively and is just as physical, probably more so, than Jack Johnson. So we passed on Buff's offensive edge for what exactly? We certainly didn't get better defensive play, didn't get better puck moving ability nor did we get better physical play by doing it. This decision has been roundly criticised because it was incredibly stupid.

The best was Torts complaining after the loss to Team Europe that they didn't do a good enough job creating quality offensive chances. Well it didn't help that two of the better offensive players they brought (Buff and Palmieri who is a 30g scorer) were sitting in the press box.

I think the team building philosophy is just fine...they just went overboard. It also helps when the team (the actual players) play like they are suppose to play against other teams besides Canada.

Going overboard with the type of players they did was the team building approach. Its why in game one, two of the better offensive players we did bring were sat. Team USA passed on a lot of players that would be far more useful in a tournament like this because of it.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Buff led all American born dmen in offense last year and has been a 18-20g 50+pt point dman for the last 3 seasons. Even if I agreed that they were equally poor defensively (and I don't). Buff is much better offensively and is just as physical, probably more so, than Jack Johnson. So we passed on Buff's offensive edge for what exactly? We certainly didn't get better defensive play, didn't get better puck moving ability nor did we get better physical play by doing it. This decision has been roundly criticised because it was incredibly stupid.

The best was Torts complaining after the loss to Team Europe that they didn't do a good enough job creating quality offensive chances. Well it didn't help that two of the better offensive players they brought (Buff and Palmieri who is a 30g scorer) were sitting in the press box.

Going overboard with the type of players they did was the team building approach. Its why in game one, two of the better offensive players we did bring were sat. Team USA passed on a lot of players that would be far more useful in a tournament like this because of it.

I guess we disagree.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Some funny aspects of Torts approach.

-Against Team Europe he had his dmen playing very aggressive and pinching. In a way that would have perfectly suited many of the offensive/puck moving dmen that were left off the roster and the one he sat (Buff).

- Also against Team Europe the forwards didn't do the greatest job back checking and left the pinching dmen hanging. Yet the forwards he brought were supposed to be the gritty , defensive types that are know for their hustle on the backcheck.

I'll be cheering hard for the USA tomorrow but I can live with a loss if it leads to changes.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Not taking Justin Faulk was the single stupidest decision of all the stupid decisions Team USA took. He should have been a lock from the very beginning.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Bad turnover by Jack on the PP. He and McDavid don't look like they're on the same page at times.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Melrose just praised the NA jerseys. I think they are awful to look at on the ice. Too dark, and the numbers are too dark to stand out to quickly identify players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad