2016 World Cup Talk: ROR, Eichel, Kulikov, Ristolainen participating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I'd love to see the whiz kids snatch this tourney.

(L1) Gaudreau - McDavid - MacKinnon
(L2) Larkin - Eichel -
(L3) Saad - Monahan -
(L4) - Couturier - Miller

... framework for a very dynamic squad.

Need a spot for Gostisbehere on defense.

Ghost was the most noticable "huh???" for me on that team.

I wonder if they try and put guys that know each other together to help with chemistry.

Monahan & Gaudreau from Calgary. Larkin & Eichel from the USNTDP. Jones & Murray from C'Bus.

CaseyMitts37

Mar 2, 2013
Buffalo
Ever since the adidas announcement was made, people have been expecting it.

I would expect that the NHL jerseys have the three stripes on them like these do.

It's all about the money.

The NBA is an Adidas league and they don't have the three stripes on their uniforms

Neither do NCAA basketball, football, and hockey teams

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
The NBA is an Adidas league and they don't have the three stripes on their uniforms

Neither do NCAA basketball, football, and hockey teams

Time will tell. But, where there is smoke, there tends to be fire.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/14883822/nhl-uni-watch-take-world-cup-hockey-jerseys

The bad news is that they all share a common flaw: Adidas has put its signature triple-stripe design on the sides of each jersey, making the countries feel like they're all playing for Team Adidas and chipping away at their individual identities. Let's hope Adidas doesn't do this when it takes over the NHL's uniform contract for the 2017-18 season.

Hopefully that is the overwhelming feedback and it doesn't happen.

But, we know that didn't stop the wavy bottom Reebok Edge jerseys from happening...

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
All the home and aways:

cut.jpg

cut.jpg

cut.jpg

cut.jpg

cut.jpg

cut.jpg

cut.jpg

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I'm thinking Eichel will look like a [radio edit] in that black jersey.

He needs some black Tuuks on his 1S skates and a smoked visor to complete the look.

:laugh:

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/auston-matthews-faces-uphill-road-to-earn-world-cup-spot/

The decision to play pro hockey in Switzerland this season should have Auston Matthews more prepared to make the jump to the NHL, but it likely won’t be enough for him to earn a spot in the World Cup.

The 18-year-old forward wasn’t among the first 16 players named to Team North America this week and faces an “uphill road†to grab one of the remaining seven spots in June, according to general manager Peter Chiarelli.

But he is on the radar of team management.

“We’ve had a lot of viewings of him,†said Chiarelli. “We know what he is. … He’s got some obstacles just because he hasn’t played in the league. That may sound unfair, the kid’s a talent. He has the strength, and he’s got the skill and the speed, we haven’t ruled him out.

“There’s some really good players that are going to be left off this team.â€

Matthews with Larkin and Eichel? Yes please.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
I wonder if they try and put guys that know each other together to help with chemistry.

Monahan & Gaudreau from Calgary. Larkin & Eichel from the USNTDP. Jones & Murray from C'Bus.

Definitely possible. I thought Gaudreau-McDavid would be pure magic, but you could be right... maybe...

Saad - McDavid - MacKinnon

Larkin - Eichel - (?RW)

Gaudreau - Monahan - (?RW)

(?LW) - Couturier - Miller

... as the beginning framework...?

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Definitely possible. I thought Gaudreau-McDavid would be pure magic, but you could be right... maybe...

Saad - McDavid - MacKinnon

Larkin - Eichel - (?RW)

Gaudreau - Monahan - (?RW)

(?LW) - Couturier - Miller

... as the beginning framework...?

The speed of that team...yikes. A little softer, less grittier team too, but if the other teams can't catch you....

Puppa2Miller

Oct 4, 2007
What was the logic with team North America????

USA hockey really gets screwed out of all of this. Since when have we had such a dominant squad we could afford to pass on some of our best players while the likes of Russia and Sweden can do whatever they want?

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY

LaxSabre - Canada/North America/Europe will announce the rest of their rosters sometime today.
Hopefully Ryan O'Reilly is named to the Canada roster and Sam Reinhart is named to the North America roster.

Last edited:

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I really don't understand "Team Europe" ... I mean the best players in Europe are from Sweden and Finland which they can't draw from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad