2016 World Cup Talk: ROR, Eichel, Kulikov, Ristolainen participating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Those look pretty damn nice. Looking forward to seeing Czech whites, we always play better in those :D

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
The only other Sabres I could see getting an invite:

--Lehner obviously if he can continue his play through the end of the season
--O'Reilly if he comes back from his injury strong
--Reinhart might be able to sneak in if he finishes strong

Girgensons looks like he'll miss the cut for Europe. Sweden's depth puts Larsson well on the outside.

In some ways, it's good not to have too many guys playing. Those guys will get burned out faster from the extra games.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Seeing that ESPN has the broadcast rights here in the US, here's hoping they blow the dust off this:

Neapolitan @Hey_Dae_Dae - @Buccigross - Please tell me we get ESPN's National Hockey Night intro music back.

John Buccigross ‏@Buccigross - We've used it on last two Frozen Fours. I imagine we will at World Cup.

Sabretooth

May 14, 2013
Ohio
Hope everybody likes the Adidas stripes down the sides, because they'll probably be on all the new nhl jerseys once they make the switch to adidas

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
re: ADIDAS body stripes

I'll have to see what they look like on players but if the compromise is to have stripes on the sides below the underarm instead of having them on the sleeves then it may be a win. A few teams could incorporate stripes on the sleeves and make it work but it would be terrible if every team had to have them. I didn't even notice the body stripes on the earlier jersey posts. It wasn't until the one with the Canadian and all-star teams that had the arms outstretched that you could tell what was happening.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
I'd love to see the whiz kids snatch this tourney.

(L1) Gaudreau - McDavid - MacKinnon
(L2) Larkin - Eichel -
(L3) Saad - Monahan -
(L4) - Couturier - Miller

... framework for a very dynamic squad.

Need a spot for Gostisbehere on defense.

Last edited:

Royisgone

Mar 7, 2012
Rather uninspiring sweaters, some of which are horrible.

A few are solid "B" material. I like Czech Republic best I think.

Team "NA" is horrid.

The Canada forward group combined with the Swedish defense would be the all universe team, incapable of defeat. Good gravy, both of those groups are loaded with obscene levels of talent.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
The NA logo looks like some kind of illuminati + mason logo. Kind of amusing really. I don't mind the rest of the jersey. It's better than the Team Europe jersey which went for a lame obvious concept with the two-tone scheme. The logo's not bad though.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I can't see that happening, they're just on there because this is an international tournament

Ever since the adidas announcement was made, people have been expecting it.

I would expect that the NHL jerseys have the three stripes on them like these do.

It's all about the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad