Pre-Game Talk: 2016 World Cup of Hockey

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
The USA roster is crap. The NA roster is amazing. People are complaining about players like Miller getting in over Jenner and Galchenyuk.

Shea Weber and Jack Johnson playing for their respective countries...LOL

Lot of snubs.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Dubi and Cally are there to play on the 4th line, but JJ is a terrible pick. So many better choices in front of him.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Do we know that he actually picked them over those players? My money is on that those players don't want to play in a silly tournament right before the season starts.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Team USA is really weak at center relative to the other top teams. Pretty good at wing though - and should have been stronger there if they didn't make so many stupid picks.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Team NA and Team Europe are filthy!!

Biggest omission from team USA roster has got to be Faulk. Selecting Jack Johnson, or even Erik Johnson in a lesser case, is no bueno. Faulk deserved to be recognized.

Think Hanifin got subbed off of Team NA.

The Undertaker

Jun 22, 2012
Can't believe Cally, Duby, Oshie, and Abdelkader made the damn team. If you told me more than 1 of them would've made it a few months ago i'd be pissed. And Jack Johnson making it over Faulk is just a sad joke. Would be like team Canada taking Luca Sbisa over Burns or Pietrangelo.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Sneaky suspicion that the quality of hockey in the tournament will be abysmal. Kill it with fire.

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY
So from what I've gathered, this tournament has been around for 20 years and has only happened twice so far, and not even at regular intervals including this year's. Now I'm seeing that, after this year, it's going to be held every 4 years and something about an all-star game? What kind of a cluster ****..Looks like just another game for players to decline, and one that no GM will care about their players not attending.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
So from what I've gathered, this tournament has been around for 20 years and has only happened twice so far, and not even at regular intervals including this year's. Now I'm seeing that, after this year, it's going to be held every 4 years and something about an all-star game? What kind of a cluster ****..Looks like just another game for players to decline, and one that no GM will care about their players not attending.

the original tourney was the canada cup held more frequently in 76, 81, 84, 87 and 91...but since becoming the world cup it has been held in 96, 04 and 16

if i remember correctly the original plan was for it to be held every 4 years so you would have either the world cup or olympics every 2 years...but obviously that never happened

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Sneaky suspicion that the quality of hockey in the tournament will be abysmal. Kill it with fire.

The NHL doesnt care, they will make a nice buck off of it. They are doing this garbage show instead of the Olympics where they don't get any of the money.

NHL is a ****ing joke and the tournament will be a joke.

Miller Time NYR

Oct 5, 2010
Long Beach
The NHL doesnt care, they will make a nice buck off of it. They are doing this garbage show instead of the Olympics where they don't get any of the money.

NHL is a ****ing joke and the tournament will be a joke.

That's all it comes down too, squeeze every dollar you can out of your show ponies, and than don't let them represent their countries in a real tournament because it's of no benefit to the league.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
That USA roster looks straight out of 2010.

Where are Kessel, Okposo, Faulk, and Shattenkirk?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad