2016 WHL Trade Deadline Thread

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Zummack is a smaller skilled dynamic forward.. real quick and makes things happen... you guys are damn lucky to have ty smith, koby morrisseau and Eli zummack in that age group.. I'm not a huge fan of another high pick in that age group Leduc, i thought drafting him in the 2nd was a reach, but those others will be the future

Well Spokane does love the small skilled forwards lol. The trade article mentioned he was a first team all-star with Smith at the U-16 in October which is nice to hear. I think this rebuild could work out pretty well for Spokane. Losing a player like Helewka is tough but Spokane isn't going to contend this year and getting solid pieces for the future is worth it.

Speaking of Smith it's so hard to find info about him this season but the bits that I have found make it sound like he's having a good year.

tv14

Cam Dadbot
Feb 12, 2008
Alberta
Heard sutter is trying hard to pry sittler away from Lethbridge

Can't see why Lethbridge would do this. They seem to be happy with their 1A/1B system, and its worked out quite well. Not to mention these two teams are in a tight race for top spot in the Eastern Conference.

childishgamdeno

Dec 24, 2015
I think Parker Bowles Tri-City Americans G-22 A-29 PTS-51 should find a nice home in Red Deer? He would be a great addition to that roster

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I hope it picks up here. . From what I heard there are only a handful of players available but a ton of teams inquiring.. look for pollock and mayo to be gone next. Rumor has it the asking price is extremely high but I'm sure as it gets closer to deadline, Hansch will lower the price a bit in order to get assets back, seeing that Mayo recently signed his ELC with Yotes and is definately going to be gone after the year

Canadian82

Dec 28, 2015
Can't see why Lethbridge would do this. They seem to be happy with their 1A/1B system, and its worked out quite well. Not to mention these two teams are in a tight race for top spot in the Eastern Conference.

Can't see it happening either just what was heard floating around at the game on Tuesday. I think Lethbridge has what it takes this year to make a deep run. Might need another solid D man to help them there otherwise they have the strongest teams they have had for years and don't think they will be as strong next year as this year either

MBJets

Dec 22, 2003
Visit site
Can't see it happening either just what was heard floating around at the game on Tuesday. I think Lethbridge has what it takes this year to make a deep run. Might need another solid D man to help them there otherwise they have the strongest teams they have had for years and don't think they will be as strong next year as this year either

I am a Wheat King fan and I hope they can go out and get some help for there lineup.

But not sure why people think Lethbridge will be a seller they have a very good team. They are probably out there trying to improve there team.

Lethbridge has as good a chance to do damage in the playoffs as any team in the East Conference

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
What a game tonight. And to think Fleury/Spacek/Musil/Mahura/Kopeck were all out of the line-up for us. Those are all top 9 fwd's and top 4 def for us. This team is definitely #ALLIN

tinyrd

May 19, 2014
Sutter

I guess we just found out with Luke Philp headed the Rebels way for Kopeck, Pouliot, Sidaway, 2016 2nd and 3rd. Truly "All in".

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I guess we just found out with Luke Philp headed the Rebels way for Kopeck, Pouliot, Sidaway, 2016 2nd and 3rd. Truly "All in".

Geeze hosting memorial cup blows haha.. the amount of youth teams give up is insane.. gonna feel the blow after this for a few years

MBJets

Dec 22, 2003
Visit site
Geeze hosting memorial cup blows haha.. the amount of youth teams give up is insane.. gonna feel the blow after this for a few years

The Blades sold out when they hosted the memorial cup in 2013 and Brandon made a big trade for Hamonic when they hosted in 2010. Both teams took a while to bounce back. The price you pay to be a host of memorial cup.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
The Blades sold out when they hosted the memorial cup in 2013 and Brandon made a big trade for Hamonic when they hosted in 2010. Both teams took a while to bounce back. The price you pay to be a host of memorial cup.

Ya it's unreal... oh well it definately adds excitement!

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Red Deer is going to be very good heading to the playoffs, will probably beat Brandon heading to the WHL finals.

Brandon wins it all next year.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
There are rumors of Landon Bow in Swift being dealt... unsure who is in the running for a 20 year old goalie... only team off top of my head that could use an upgrade in net is Seattle.

Canadian82

Dec 28, 2015
There are rumors of Landon Bow in Swift being dealt... unsure who is in the running for a 20 year old goalie... only team off top of my head that could use an upgrade in net is Seattle.

Rebels need another goalie to help out toth but don't think they have a spot for overager. Sutter has been hounding anholt trying to get sittler

Canadian82

Dec 28, 2015
No moves by Calgary, Lethbridge, Kelowna or Victoria yet. Any guesses on who they may go after?

Would like to see another top d man in Lethbridge but sadly don't see anholt making any trades as the cost will be too high this year. My though is another d man can get the canes a long ways if not all the way but what do I know I'm just a fan

MBJets

Dec 22, 2003
Visit site
Red Deer is going to be very good heading to the playoffs, will probably beat Brandon heading to the WHL finals.

Brandon wins it all next year.

Has everyone forgot about the team with the best record in the league and last years champs The Kelowna Rockets. They are not going to roll over

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
Wonder if Point might be coming to Brandon. He's a scratch tonight...

Feel like Kelly will do something huge soon, and that could be it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad