Blue Jays GDT: (2016 v32) *ALDS GM 2* @ TEX| Fri, Oct 7| 1pmET/10amPT | Happ vs Darvish

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Things I've learned from the TBS broadcast in the last few games:

1. The #2 team (the one doing our games) are COMPLETE HOMERS. To the point it is absolutely offensive how they're openly pulling for the Rangers. Give us the Boston/Cleveland voice ppl.
2. Their audio ppl really aren't doing a solid job. Different levels for audio all over the place.
3. Seriously, Sportsnet knows what they're doing. I don't even work for them and I would take their broadcasts over TBS any day.

4. Mickey Mouse scoreboard that seems to show the pitch speed sometimes
5. Interesting fricken laser beam :sarcasm: showing the pitch....now and then

no13matssundin

May 16, 2004
They weren't much better. They did the WC game.

I would argue (without being argumentative :) ) that the WC people we're a million times better. Remember how people in here were complaining they were boring because they were being neutral? These guys sound like a bunch of Rangers fans who snuck into the broadcast booth.:shakehead

Shimso

Oct 9, 2011
4. Mickey Mouse scoreboard that seems to show the pitch speed sometimes
5. Interesting fricken laser beam :sarcasm: showing the pitch....now and then

The scoreboard is too intrusive, it constantly feels like there's closed captioning in the top corner.

I really wish we could have our own broadcasts for these games.

no13matssundin

May 16, 2004
The scoreboard is too intrusive, it constantly feels like there's closed captioning in the top corner.

I really wish we could have our own broadcasts for these games.

Completely agree that we should be doing our own broadcasts. Sportsnet's quality of, well, EVERYTHING puts these guys to shame. :rant:

TRAVIS OUT with a knee tweak?!!?

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Things I've learned from the TBS broadcast in the last few games:

1. The #2 team (the one doing our games) are COMPLETE HOMERS. To the point it is absolutely offensive how they're openly pulling for the Rangers. Give us the Boston/Cleveland voice ppl.
2. Their audio ppl really aren't doing a solid job. Different levels for audio all over the place.
3. Seriously, Sportsnet knows what they're doing. I don't even work for them and I would take their broadcasts over TBS any day.

1. I'm not hearing the Rangers homerism at all. Can someone point out some concrete examples? Also, are you sure that you're not just missing the Blue Jay homerism of Sportsnet?

2. What are you listening on? I haven't noticed different audio levels but I'm listening on a 5.1 audio system so maybe it sounds different without surround.

3. I don't really have any issues with the TBS broadcast, but Sportsnet doing their own could be fun.

no13matssundin

May 16, 2004
1. I'm not hearing the Rangers homerism at all. Can someone point out some concrete examples? Also, are you sure that you're not just missing the Blue Jay homerism of Sportsnet?

2. What are you listening on? I haven't noticed different audio levels but I'm listening on a 5.1 audio system so maybe it sounds different without surround.

3. I don't really have any issues with the TBS broadcast, but Sportsnet doing their own could be fun.

I got Surround and if you listen to their announcers it sounds like the Audio guy forgot to compress the overall sound. Every once and a while the colour guy's mic is clipping as he speaks. Just one example.

no13matssundin

May 16, 2004
Alright Happ. I believe in you... wait, Bannister is the reigning manager of the year?... really?... wut?

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
I can't believe Odor tries to list himself at 5'11.

The guy can't be any taller than 5'7/5'8.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009

1 - I can't.
2 - i've had audio issues since the wild card game, but no surround sound and watching from my laptop so maybe you are right

3: - me either. like i like the big ticker thing - i just wish it had pitch counts and the like. i don't really care if there's a pitch tracker or not, because it lets me use my own eyes and judgement.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
This is hilarious. First pitch out: "TAKE SOME PITCHES". First pitch called strike: "SWING DAMMIT!"
Uhm, I never said first pitch swing. Fact is Darvish is a stud. Fact is if everyone swings at first pitches, he won't get tired so you get a stud pitching deep into the game. Hilarious for sure.

Belieber

The Nuge is huge
Jun 23, 2016
vancouver
I also dislike the scoreboard and lack of pitch speed/pitch count showing at all times. Watching Andrew Miller go 2 innings and not knowing where he was pitch count wise was annoying.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
I got Surround and if you listen to their announcers it sounds like the Audio guy forgot to compress the overall sound. Every once and a while the colour guy's mic is clipping as he speaks. Just one example.

May just be beyond my ability to notice. And to be honest, what you are saying means nothing to me.

So, it may depend upon how finely tuned one's sense of hearing is.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Whew. Glad Happ was able to get out of that one.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Uhm, I never said first pitch swing. Fact is Darvish is a stud. Fact is if everyone swings at first pitches, he won't get tired so you get a stud pitching deep into the game. Hilarious for sure.

If Darvish is going to leave fastballs over the plate early in the count, you swing at them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad