Blue Jays GDT: (2016 v23) Next: @ BAL| Mon, Aug 29| 7pmET/4pmPT | Estrada vs Miley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh92

Mar 29, 2016
I'll be annoyed if they resign him for any sort of money. It's clear he's not the same Jose and his defense has been markedly worse of late (when he actually plays). The folks who will be annoyed at Rogers for not resigning him are the ones who aren't following his decline.

Now Encarnacion is a totally other conversation. If they don't resign him, I WILL be ticked.

I completely agree. Only reason I wont be pissed if ee walks is if that votto rumor has legs to it. Could you imagine a jd votto tulo middle of the order? :naughty::amazed:

no13matssundin

May 16, 2004
I completely agree. Only reason I wont be pissed if ee walks is if that votto rumor has legs to it. Could you imagine a jd votto tulo middle of the order? :naughty::amazed:

That would be deadly. :) I'm still holding out hope that somehow... SOMEHOW... they can pull something off for this year and grab Votto for the run to the WS. Picture this 9:

Votto
Jd
EE
Tulo
Martin
Bautista
Saunders/Upton Jr.
Pillar
Travis

Teams would literally be losing bowel control nightly.

eddieO

Jan 9, 2013
The Beach
isn't votto old and expensive?

He's 33 but he's a 5 WAR 1B, which is extremely impressive. He has a great bat.

Yes he's expensive but I bet any trade for him includes Reds eating a large portion.

If they pay 40-45M of his contract I'd give up Sanchez for him.

no13matssundin

May 16, 2004

He's VERY VERY expensive. But he's also a guarantee to get on base. The word on the street is that the only way the Jays even possibly get him is that if the Reds eat a big amount of his contract. I can't remember what it is exactly, but it's like stupid expensive. Something like 10 mil/yr until he's 60 years old or something like that.

At any rate the way Rogers is literally making more money than most G8 nations at this point, i'd pull the trigger.

no13matssundin

May 16, 2004

Yes he's expensive but I bet any trade for him includes Reds eating a large portion.

I'm not sure I'd part with Sanchez, but anything else almost... Stro show?

Josh92

Mar 29, 2016

Hes been the best hitter in the NL all 2nd half this year. Hes got a huge contract but really does live up to it. And hes from Toronto. And hes really no older then jd tulo martin etc. Only thing is hes a left handed contact bat, which is exactly what we need.

eddieO

Jan 9, 2013
The Beach

If the Reds are gonna eat a big chunk and we're getting Votto, they're gonna want Sanchez. I don't mind that though. There's a few reasons to believe this might be selling high on Aaron.

Acoustic

Sep 29, 2014

The ****? :laugh:

Josh92

Mar 29, 2016

I love Votto but idk if id include stro in a package. After noah norris and hoffman have been purged from our system id hate to give up our future number 2 (sanchez is off the table in any trade as far as im comcerned.

eddieO

Jan 9, 2013
The Beach

Okay... Do you know what type of value Votto provides? Reds eating that much money makes his contract worth the value.

That type of player is going to go for a good controllable starter, which is what Sanchez is. If you think you'll get Votto for spare parts, it won't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad