Blue Jays GDT: (2016 v23) Next: @ BAL| Mon, Aug 29| 7pmET/4pmPT | Estrada vs Miley

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddieO

Jan 9, 2013
The Beach
On that count, I heard a semi-discouraging thing on the Fan the other that apparently Votto is a quiet kind of guy and likes his quiet time.. not being known and whatnot. Not unlike a hockey player playing in Nashville or Arizona. He has a no trade clause and if he comes to Toronto there is NO way the guy has any semblance of a quiet life seeing that he'd instantly become one of the key faces of the Franchise. It could be a reason for him to actually veto a move to TO. That what was mentioned anyways.

I hope they're dead wrong :D

Do people in TO harass baseball players like they do hockey players? I always thought Jays had a relatively easier time.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
You can google this but here's a snippet:

Chris O’Leary listed Aaron Sanchez as one of the pitchers he foresaw as having injury troubles in the future. So I asked Chris about his thoughts on Aaron Sanchez, and he wasn’t confident that Aaron Sanchez has a future as a starting pitcher.

“Aaron Sanchez has a (sadly but increasingly common) horribly inefficient lower body and linear stride. Basically, his stride is overly stripped-down, un-athletic, and inefficient, all in the name of simplicity."

that... doesn't sound good.

Josh92

Mar 29, 2016
Do people in TO harass baseball players like they do hockey players? I always thought Jays had a relatively easier time.

Jays have a way easier time then leafs just look at the hockey threads on here. I argued with people for momths that jimmy vesey wasnt signing here and I got roAsted...people are crazy when it comes to the leafs.

Acoustic

Sep 29, 2014
that... doesn't sound good.

See my post...

I am not a doctor or healthcare professional and have no formal medical training. However, I have spent the past four years immersing myself in the physiology and kinesiology of pitching. In that time I have read literally every medical journal article that I can get my hands on (amounting to hundreds of articles). I have also done extensive research into the physiology of other overhead throwing sports like cricket, water polo, javelin, and handball.

no13matssundin

May 16, 2004

I'm not sure it's the harrasment as much as he would no longer be incognito. He plays in Cincinatti which is a decent baseball town, but it's not a media microscope like Toronto. The argument they were putting out there is that it could be less "relaxing" for Votto being from Toronto and that he'd suddenly be the most sought after person next to JD for this and that from corporate people/media/charities/whatever else. I could see how a quiet person might see that as a living terror.

But like I said, I hope they're wrong :D

Also, Pillar hits the ball and you'd be excused if you thought the Jays were in Toronto. The Jays fans are WAY louder than the Orioles fans!

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
Man. That Play by Hardy on Tulo was huge for the O's all of a sudden.

He doesn't make that play and the Jays had the table set for a big inning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad