Blue Jays GDT: (2016 v21) Next: @ NYY| Mon, Aug 15| 7pmET/4pmPT | Dickey vs Green

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah15

2nd Tier Fan
Mar 15, 2007
A foul ball that was a couple feet from being unplayable, and a ground ball hammered right at the third basemen. Perfect inning for the Yankees where Betances looked very hittable

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
He sucks right now and he's sucked majority of his career. He will get a random home run in a blow out to pad his HR totals but he has no business playing a premium bat position. The fact they seem committed to playing him meaningful AB's is very concerning. If the jays planned to play Jose/Edwin at 1b/DH I would be less concerned but if they want to play Jose in RF when he's back I think Tellez is a better option than Smoak.

I give up.

What part of: he's playing a lot right now because of injuries don't you understand?

You make it sound like they have made a concrete decision to play Smoak no matter what. Not true. He's playing because Pillar and Bautista are hurt and their options are limited.

When everybody is healthy Smoak will get reduced playing time and will largely be a defensive replacement, left-handed bat off the bench. One of the reasons they got Upton was to reduce Smoak's at bats.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Who would have guessed Dickey vs. Green would result in a 1-0 game.

I mean really? Two ****ing hits against Green? This team is absolutely frustrating offensively.

frost king

Dec 11, 2013
I give up.

What part of: he's playing a lot right now because of injuries don't you understand?

You make it sound like they have made a concrete decision to play Smoak no matter what. Not true. He's playing because Pillar and Bautista are hurt and their options are limited.

When everybody is healthy Smoak will get reduced playing time and will largely be a defensive replacement, left-handed bat off the bench. One of the reasons they got Upton was to reduce Smoak's at bats.

Some people are just obtuse to how things work in baseball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad