Blue Jays GDT: (2016 v21) Next: @ NYY| Mon, Aug 15| 7pmET/4pmPT | Dickey vs Green

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
which established major league player is Tellez taking bats away from? I don't see one.

Smoak shouldn't be getting AB's even right now is my point. He needs to go to AAA and figure out how to hit.

Look, I get it. You hate Smoak. He's struggling. He sucks right now. So, of course, the solution is to get rid of him ASAP. If that's how you think fine. But trying to argue that a guy who has played almost 800 games in the majors isn't an established big league player is silly.

If they call up Tellez, a double A guy with no experience, they are taking away at bats from Smoak - an established major league player (whether you like him or not).

And do you even recognize the only reason he is playing regularly is a run of injuries to every-day players? One of the prime reasons they acquired Upton was to help limit Smoak's at bats. Right now he is being over exposed because they don't have many options due to several injuries to regular starters.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Backup catchers usually suck.

Well, then one that doesn't quite suck QUITE as badly, lol. Maybe a younger guy that Martin can mentor. He's a perfect guy for that. Have someone for the future that Martin can help mold. Thole doesn't hit crap anyway. Might as well do something constructive with a backup catcher.

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London
Look, I get it. You hate Smoak. He's struggling. He sucks right now. So, of course, the solution is to get rid of him ASAP. If that's how you think fine. But trying to argue that a guy who has played almost 800 games in the majors isn't an established big league player is silly.

If they call up Tellez, a double A guy with no experience, they are taking away at bats from Smoak - an established major league player (whether you like him or not).

And do you even recognize the only reason he is playing regularly is a run of injuries to every-day players? One of the prime reasons they acquired Upton was to help limit Smoak's at bats. Right now he is being over exposed because they don't have many options due to several injuries to regular starters.

Colabello testing positive for PEDs certainly didn't help matters either.

Josh92

Mar 29, 2016
Backup catchers usually suck.

Offensively catchers in general suck outside of about 6 or 7 of them. We re fortunate enough we have one of the good ones. People just hate thole because he brings dickey with him.

frost king

Dec 11, 2013
I wonder what it would take to get gardiner or ellsbury? I doubt it would ever happen because we re rivals but considering they are left handed corner outfield contact hitters atlims should at least enquire. Then rotate edwin and jose between 1st and dh and send smoak home.

Ellesbury making $21M a season until 2021, and Gardiner getting an average of $12.5M a season until 2019. The Are still on this team because their contracts can't be moved. Together they make more than Bautista/Encarnacion and Saunders this season.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
A PEN!? What is that!?

We go lucky again. Was stupid to go with Tepera in a 1 run game, but got away with it. Now let's finally explode.

BJCOLLINS

Jul 7, 2003
Pirate Satellite
Upton can hit Lefties but is useless against righties. We badly need a lefty OF bat that doesn't suck. Jon Jay would be a nice add if he's healthy by the august deadline. Otherwise you gotta call up Pompey and give him starts against Righties.

Well Zeke should be back tomorrow? He's not the answer but good to have the option?

GangGreen

May 27, 2012
Do Smoak and Saunders strike out every at-bat, or is it just me?
Still can't figure out why Smoak is on this team, the Jays should have signed Morneau.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad