NFL: 2016 Training Camp discussion thread

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
I could see the Panthers looking at L.J. McCray if hes cut by S.F. Hard hitter, special teams ace. Can play SS in a pinch. Local guy too.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Would be nice. I think they want to add a safety over Colin Jones (since they don't seem to want to unfairly put Dean Marlowe on IR) but couldn't keep Brown because they decided other guys like Jeremy Cash and Damiere Byrd have done enough to make the team. But That secondary is inexperienced beyond Coleman. Benwikere got hurt midway through his second year and Tre Boston was playing behind Roman Harper for most of the season. They better hope the front 7 will do their jobs, especially Charles Johnson and Kony Ealy. DEs were really inconsistent last year.

**** now I'm doubting the defense. At least the linebackers look stacked.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
He wasn't horrendous as a Steeler last year

He is what he is at this point. A vet backup which is what they want behind Hill. Both guys certainly are approaching the end of line though

Hill is 36
Vick is 36 (Jeez ,, Makes me feel old as ####)

Art you serious? Vick was disgusting as a Steeler last year. Absolutely horrible.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Seems like the Eagles are done with Eric Rowe. The Steelers liked him in that draft and need a CB. I think that either him or Sterling Moore will be a Steeler by the end of the weekend.

Oh, and they will definitely be grabbing a TE from somewhere as well.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Panthers cut 5th round rookie Zach Sanchez. He never looked good, but what a waste of a pick it turned out to be. Their 3rd CB of the draft when there were other clear needs like DE. I like what Gettleman has built, but damn if he doesn't swing and miss sometimes.

Sounds like Jeremy Cash made the team. Luke Kuechly, Thomas Davis, Shaq Thompson, AJ Klein, Jeremy Cash, David Mayo (?) :amazed:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Looks like Kai Forbath has won the Saints annual kicking competition. Connor Barth was the runner-up.

McOilbleeder

We are all Kloppites
Aug 5, 2006
Oil Country
Packers are cutting Josh Sitton if they can't trade him for some reason. Fans and writers are completely baffled.

Yeah I'm confused. His contract is up, so why not let hm play out his contract and let him go to free agency. I know he has had back issues, but doesn't make sense.

Would love for the Saints to pick him up, however I have a feeling the Jags will land him.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Cowboys signing Mark Sanchez. honestly thought we would've went after Aaron Murray.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
No one is kidding themselves on Sanchez, but Cowboys needed some kind of veteran.

Eagles only have 4 linebackers after final cuts, one of which is Marcus Smith. They're obviously not finished.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
If he didn't have a role this is the best move for Rush. He proved he had great instincts.

He has zero pass rush moves that would work against non-3rd team o-lineman. Plus Ronald Blair can play every position on the d-line and rush in sub packages. Rush struggled setting the edge in the run game.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
No surprises with the Vikings cuts. Best player and biggest name cut is still John Sullivan from a few days ago.

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/Vikings-Announce-Roster-Moves-Set-53-Man-Roster/b567f012-ae55-4c9f-86c9-539cfb9231c6?sf35078254=1

Willie Beavers was such a waste of a draft pick. Took him in the 4th round this season and he's already gone. A few draft analysts didn't even think he'd be drafted. You just knew that wasn't going to work when they replaced him with a former DL in camp.

Moritz Bohringer's feel good story is also ending for now. He should end up on the practice squad.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Has a team ever cut a 2nd or 3rd rounder in camp months after drafting him?

It just looks really bad on your scouting staff to cut your 4th rounder so soon. Someone F'd up.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maurice_Clarett

broncos 3rd rounder 05.

after further disappointments and incidents with his coaches and never playing a preseason game, Clarett was released on waivers on August 28, 2005, only a month after signing his contract and before playing even a single down in the NFL. As is standard procedure in the NFL, for a 24-hour period after his release, other teams could have claimed him and taken on his contract. After that 24-hour period, he was freed from his contract and able to negotiate with any team, but no team expressed interest

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Bears say goodbye to

QB David Fales
LB John Timu
TE Ben Braunecker
TE Rob Housler
RB Jacquizz Rodgers
WR Marc Mariani
WR Daniel Braverman (7th round pick)