NFL: 2016 Training Camp discussion thread

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Tim Hightower has made it through final cuts again.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Not shocking but still disappointing especially losing Wilson who last year actually showed signs of being that WR Bears always hoped he would be

McPhee was damaged goods when signed it now appears. Bears management with yet another blunder

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Cortland Finnegan has also made it though cuts. It's really impressive all the washed up veterans the Saints manage to drag out from underneath whatever rocks they live under.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
He has zero pass rush moves that would work against non-3rd team o-lineman. Plus Ronald Blair can play every position on the d-line and rush in sub packages. Rush struggled setting the edge in the run game.
I'm well aware of what he is, it's just best for him and his agent to try and sell teams on his preseason highlights. He probably won't have a ton of opportunities.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
I could see the Panthers looking at L.J. McCray if hes cut by S.F. Hard hitter, special teams ace. Can play SS in a pinch. Local guy too.

Hawks traded for him, probably to help gun down your Tavon Austin types. I like it.

Not happy with several of Seattle's cuts today (or rather, with some of the players they chose to keep). But at the end of the day, what do I know compared to the FO.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Hawk cuts Marcus Burley claimed by Cleveland and Troymaine Pope to the Jets. Two guys I was sorry to see waived in the first place, not surprised someone snatched them up.

Seattle claimed SF's Garrison Smith.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Garrison Smith had a decent preseason. Hes probably better suited for a 4-3. Struggles to anchor in a 3-4 and 49ers don't use NT's that much.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Eagles waived Paul Turner, presumably with hopes of putting him on the practice squad. I just don't think that's a very good message to send to your locker room, with a new regime, that you bring in someone else when you already had a guy who did everything you asked him to in order to make the team and it still wasn't good enough. This off the heels of trading your starting quarterback 7 days before the season begins

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Does Barkley have any NFL potential at this point? All I remember of him at NFL level was when he played for Eagles and was terrible

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad