2016 Trade Speculation thread

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
If things stay as they are, the only teams to not make a deal would be Colorado, Philadelphia and Detroit.

Detroit being the one who most people would be surprised about. Even though they planned on staying pat a few days ago.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
So the White Sox suck ass and moved only one player? I have no idea why Robertson or Jones weren't moved and I guess Hahn will move Sale/Quintana in the offseason, cause there's very few options via free agency for a team looking to add a ace to their rotation. Not moving both starters might be a blessing in disguise cause I think both players will bring back heavy packages.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2011
angels are the worst run organization there is...coulda gotten some good assets back for Escobar and Shoemaker and kept both...true incompetence at all levels. i guess they want to win 75 games and not improve their farm system at all.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
angels are the worst run organization there is...coulda gotten some good assets back for Escobar and Shoemaker and kept both...true incompetence at all levels. i guess they want to win 75 games and not improve their farm system at all.

To be fair they have Shoemakers rights until 2021 so why not keep a solid #3/4 guy on the team considering how expensive starters are getting and the lack of them.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Because the Angels.have a lot of holes and nothing of substance in their minors. They needed to sell parts to get that somewhat replenished. Shoemaker's can be replaced internally.

Oct 18, 2011
To be fair they have Shoemakers rights until 2021 so why not keep a solid #3/4 guy on the team considering how expensive starters are getting and the lack of them.
because he is 29 and so far has had 1 good season, followed by an awful one, and then a good one again. he has strong peripherals, the angels could have gotten a couple of good young assets back given the pitching market this year. they are just completely poorly run. when you have absolutely nothing on the farm i don't see how you do nothing to improve it, when you are not going to win this year.

Escobar is a pending FA hitting about .320, again a player who has some value and they kept him, they are stupid imo...

darko

Feb 16, 2009

By the time Angels are relevant again Shoemaker will be heading for free agency.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
nats get some bad news on joe ross rehab, bet they might be looking for a starter from the august trades

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

I think the only fair thing to do is to cancel the trades. Red Sox get Espinoza back and the Padres can have their all-star back. :sarcasm:

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site

I think the only fair thing to do is to cancel the trades. Red Sox get Espinoza back and the Padres can have their all-star back. :sarcasm:

I'm still bitter that MLB/Selig didn't give a **** back in 2001 when the White Sox/Kenny Williams sent the Jays a broken Mike Sirotka (who had a torn labrum and never pitched for the jays) in the David Wells trade.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
The Mets have made waiver claims on two unknown players, Kristie Ackert of the New York Daily News reports, though they haven’t been able to work out a trade with either player’s team. One of the players is a relief pitcher, which isn’t surprising given how the Mets were unable to land a desired bullpen upgrade prior to the August 1 trade deadline. Teams have 48.5 hours to work out a trade once a player is claimed, and it is unclear if that deadline has already in the case of either player claimed by the Mets, or if the club still has time to work something out. The fact that trades were being discussed between the two sides implies that the Amazins had at least some interest in the players, and the claims weren’t made just to block a rival club.

Such an informative post from mlbtraderumors

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
A bunch of the Braves trade bait getting red hot. Markakis, Jim Johnson, Aybar, and Inciarte all on fire. I expect at least 2 of them gone sooner than later.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
If a team needs a good anything, they stay the hell away from Jim Johnson.

All it takes is a hot stretch.

Johnson converted his seventh consecutive save opportunity on Monday night, and he has posted a 1.57 ERA over 28 2/3 innings since returning from the disabled list in early June. The former All-Star closer might be increasing his value for a potential trade....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad