2016 Trade Speculation thread

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
We are about 5 weeks til the trade deadline. Not too many free agents to be pitchers out there.

The Rangers clearly need another starter. The Mariners probably need another starter too with Felix out.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
I predict Braves trade Johnson, Markakis, Norris, AJ, and maybe Aybar. Nobody will pony up enough for Tehran until the winter meetings.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I'm on the fence about Bruce.

But the long and short of it is that if a team wants him as an impact bat I want a top end prospect for him or we may as well hold on to him. There's no value in getting a role player/mid level prospect for Bruce at this point.

Cozart I like a lot but he'll probably go as well, and I wouldn't mind seeing them try to cash in on Straily if there really is interest.

I wonder what the market is like for Alfredo Simon. :sarcasm:

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
pretty sure gray is as good as gone

hill most likely too assuming he's healthy. valencia getting moved wouldn't surprise me either

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
http://www.todaysknuckleball.com/around-the-diamonds/rumors-rays-rookie-snell/

The Cincinnati Reds’ returns were disappointing when they traded closer Aroldis Chapman to the New York Yankees and Todd Frazier to the Chicago White Sox, via the Dodgers, in the offseason.

However, scouts feel the Reds should be able to get a decent package of prospects back for right fielder Jay Bruce if they move him at the Aug. 1 non-waiver trading deadline, as expected. The 29-year-old has followed two sub-par seasons by hitting .281 with 16 home runs and a .916 OPS in 66 games.

“He’s hitting the ball hard and he’s hitting it far,” said a scout from a National League team. “He’s moving better on the bases and in the field than he has in years. I really thought his career was headed off a cliff but he’s turned it around.”

I don't know what this means but if they don't get a great package offer I hope they just hold on to Bruce. Apparently the Giants have inquired but the Reds have told them they're still deciding whether or not they want to move Bruce (which I'm glad they're considering because the Reds could fight for a wild card spot as early as next season if their rotation gets healthy and Bruce stays).

Cozart is also apparently one of the 'top' targets for the trade deadline.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I keep hearing the Giants might have an interest in Andrew Miller from the Yankees. They do need relief pitching help. While the Bullpen has calmed down some in the last few weeks, I still would love to see some relief pitching depth for the playoff run. Also, Romo looks like he's close to coming back so that will help, but they still might need another arm.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I keep hearing the Giants might have an interest in Andrew Miller from the Yankees. They do need relief pitching help. While the Bullpen has calmed down some in the last few weeks, I still would love to see some relief pitching depth for the playoff run. Also, Romo looks like he's close to coming back so that will help, but they still might need another arm.

I don;t want them to go for him. The price is thru the roof and there are cheaper options out there.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Jim Bowden on DC local radio saying nationals have had serious discussions with Padres over Rodney as well as with the pirates on Melancon

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
One has to wonder if the White Sox drop any more is Sale isn't on the market.....

Cubs have players who would be starters sitting on the bench. Make it happen Theo

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
Maybe on MLB The Show

giphy.gif

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
^ His narration of the 2011 World Series DVD is wonderful.

Sale is making approx. 13m per through 2019. He's worth entire farm systems in this economy.

Exactly. Top 3-5 pitcher in the game on an insanely good contract for the next 3.5 years who is in his prime. You're gonna have to absolutely blow the White Sox away with an offer because if you don't, someone else will.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad