Post-Game Talk: 2016 Trade Deadline Part III || The Mop-Up Edition

HockeyFan87

Apr 5, 2012
For me, it's pretty clear now that this guy is the habs worst GM since the GM that destroyed the franchise 20 years ago by ''trading'' the team's 2 best players (Roy and Turgeon); Réjean Houle.

He wants to build to the draft but doesn't have the balls to do what's necessary to achieve that goal; like trading Plekanec and Markov for example. And don't get me started on the ''teams aren't looking to buy players with term'' because while I agree that such deal is difficult to do at the last day of the trade deadline, he could have pulled off those deals 2-3 weeks ago like Toronto did when they traded Phaneuf to Ottawa. But to do such deals requires vision and a plan, which clearly Bergevin and his staff don't have.

And Bergevin said that we're heading in the right direction??? Either the guy has gone nuts or he is downright ******** on the fans.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2006
Montreal
For me, it's pretty clear now that this guy is the habs worst GM since the GM that destroyed the franchise 20 years ago by trading the team's 2 best players (Roy and Turgeon); Réjean Houle.

I remember getting a bad feeling when Houle got the job, so I wasn't totally surprised when the crap hit the fan (mad, but not surprised). But from the start with Bergevin (until early this season), I was convinced we'd see the next Cup thanks to him. But I now realize he's just a magician. It's all a smoke show. He told us what we wanted to hear, smiled, made a few jokes and sometime later, boom! "Ah Ah fools!, I'm not too sure I'll be able to reach the goals I told you about and instead of admitting to my faults and errors, I'll just act arrogant." I don't even know how I feel anymore

Last edited:

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Well that is it for me, I'm done with the habs for this season. I'll pop back around the draft just by curiosity, the rest is history I'm not really interested in.

Have fun folks.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
If we're picking higher than 10th we HAVE to package the pick for a legit top 6 fwd

This. There's maybe 5 forwards in this draft that can have a decent impact in the NHL next year and if the Habs don't have a chance in hell of drafting one, they might as well trade the pick to get a legit offensive player.

Guilliam

Jul 30, 2010
Montreal
Best news today is that we learned DD was on the block. At least we know Bergevin realizes that DD isn't part of the solution.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Best news today is that we learned DD was on the block. At least we know Bergevin realizes that DD isn't part of the solution.

MT probably gave MB his blessing to try and get rid of DD since it would make the fans overjoyed which would take the heat off him. And here we thought MT wasn't smart.. :sarcasm:

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
MT probably gave MB his blessing to try and get rid of DD since it would make the fans overjoyed which would take the heat off him. And here we thought MT wasn't smart.. :sarcasm:

I kind of even doubt that rumour that he's on the block. They probably put his name out there to gauge interest to figure out how much his new extension should be. Due diligence guys.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
- I'm more concern about Trevor Timmins (not sure now) and the Ice Caps development team than about Marc Bergevin. Concerning the Ice Caps, I am impatient for the 2017-2018 Laval's new arena.

- Maybe we can get some pics (or get Jonathan Drouin) at the 2016 NHL draft with Markov and Plekanec !?

Seeing as Bergevin put these guys in place and is okay with them, its funny how you absolve him of this

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
It always takes HFers so long to realize things. I have been saying for a few years now that MB is a bad GM. The countless battles I had with posters who thought he was better than Jim Nil.

Bergie may work hard but the results simply are not there. He makes way too many excuses. he has such a difficult time acquiring talent but other GM's don't see to have this problem. He should be relieved of his duties if that's the case.

I don't know what people expected today. 4 years now. He's not going to just "change".

This is embarrassing.

He has kept assets way past their expiration date to the point they are no longer valuable. He has wasted the development of Galchenyuk and several other players. He has made bad, lateral move after lateral move without addressing any of the problems that plagued the team before he got here. The players who are doing well are the ones he inherited. The one he acquired on his own (Galchenyuk) is playing behind DD (who was signed to a 4 year deal).

The guy is incompetent.

googlymoogly

Oct 27, 2007
Therrien probably told MB if he put DDH on the block he might get Edmonton calling and offering McDavid. Still, Therrien is not sure if McDavid could replace what DDH brings.

Or Therrien is throwing DDH onto the grenade that just landed in the foxhole to protect him and MB.:laugh:

NeptunesTrident

Feb 22, 2007
I'll believe it is the end of DD only when the trade is announced and he passes his medical.

Sadly, Trevor Timmins will be fired before MT. MB will say he hasn't produced enough Top 6 players running the draft. To hell with development under Darth Therrien/Lefebvre. You can see this coming. Seriously.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I'll believe it is the end of DD only when the trade is announced and he passes his medical.

Sadly, Trevor Timmins will be fired before MT. MB will say he hasn't produced enough Top 6 players running the draft. To hell with development under Darth Therrien/Lefebvre. You can see this coming. Seriously.

Does Bergevin have a cousin who's a scout to replace him?

AJMHABS

Chucky #27
Jan 30, 2011
Montreal, Qc
After this ********* of a season, I was hoping there would be a few more players sold off for picks, considering what some contending teams paid for rentals. Anyways, just waiting for the draft to come along, and hope for real change in the offseason. I will still keep up with the Habs, but I'm just disappointed with everything that has gone on so far.

CapSpace

Caufield is lit
Nov 25, 2013
Near Montreal
**** this season. I lost almost all the confidence I had for MB to make this team great again. If he can't trade for more picks and/or a better 1st ov, then unload washed ups and get some reinforcement this summer, I'm done with this management.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad