In your head
grinderhoarding.gif

:laugh: oh my god, perfect :cry:

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Well, I'm out.
I'll keep track of them for the remainder, but I'm not worrying about missing games or anything.
I was looking at going to a few games next season, but I'm holding off on that until I know who is coaching and who is playing.
I'm not wasting my hard earned money to watch that dumb-ass Therrien play 3rd and 4th liners on the 1st and 2nd lines.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC 11 minil y a 11 minutes
CAL is trading David Jones to MIN for Niklas Backstrom and a pick. Holdup was Backstrom NMC.

Any throught about a Edmonton's trade pending !?

Yakupov ?

It already went through, it was Pat Maroon.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
And its too bad really that this young team doesnt have a leader like say Dan Hamhuis (very interesting interview) instead of the waring flamboyant defenseman and the wounded wolverine. Price, the real
leader of the team, will be a very good influence on this young team once he becomes a part of the team again.

Is that a bad troll ?

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Can only get good players via draft... and not willing to rebuild or tank... something doesn't add up with this picture. Guys we're going to draft aren't going to step in tomorrow and be difference makers. So all we're going to do is forever spin our wheels if MB doesn't have the capacity to trade and sign the players we need to compete RIGHT NOW.

And if he can't do that.. then he needs to start rebuilding.

Thing is, you can get stars via trades and signings. And that's clearly what needs to happen now to get this team to take the next step.

What is the vision ?

Mad Brills*

4 wasted prime years of subban/pacioretty/price.

**** off bergevin

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
I still remember Therrien and Bergevin defending this team's offence in the offseason by saying that "they had more goals scored in the regular season than the stanley cup champion Chicago Blackhawks"

These are the type of minds we're dealing with here.

The Price is Right

Jul 3, 2008
I am tired of this GM. All he can do is get ****ing 3rd and 4th liners... I am done with this GM. He is wasting prime years with Carey, PK, Patches and in a few years these players will move on to better teams if this GM will still be here. This guy has never gotten a top 6 forward except Vanek which I think was luck... but other than that this guy has no balls. He should of traded Pleks, Markov and Eller for draft picks or for NHL players instead of keeping these guys. I am sure he got offers on these players but no... This GM wants us still to win games this season... Freaking joke

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Can only get good players via draft... and not willing to rebuild or tank... something doesn't add up with this picture. Guys we're going to draft aren't going to step in tomorrow and be difference makers. So all we're going to do is forever spin our wheels if MB doesn't have the capacity to trade and sign the players we need to compete RIGHT NOW.

Thing is, you can get stars via trades and signings. And that's clearly what needs to happen now to get this team to take the next step.

What is the vision ?

What's most concerning is he can't even take advantage of this season to draft high or rebuild. I could get it if we were a PO bubble team sitting 8-9th, but there's very little chance of us making it, Price isn't ready, what the hell is he doing?? How do you not just sell and push for high draft picks?
He clearly still believes in making the POs and feels they can do it. They're not shutting out Price, they didn't really sell anybody. He traded away two bottom six guys, brought in Danault, Brown, Matteau, so he replaced them basically.
Swapped three players and got a 2nd rd pick in 2018, so that's not what I consider selling.

Just no vision whatsoever from this GM. His answers about Galchenyuk also shows no vision at all. Still sees him as a center but they don't want to give him time at center because he's played a few good games on the wing now...

Complete joke.

Last edited:

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
What's most concerning is he can't even take advantage of this season to draft high or rebuild. He clearly still believes in making the POs and feels they can do it. They're not shutting out Price, they didn't really sell anybody. He traded away two bottom six guys, brought in Danault, Brown, Matteau, so he replaced them basically.
Swapped three players and got a 2nd rd pick in 2018, so that's not what I consider selling.

Just no vision whatsoever from this GM. His answers about Galchenyuk also shows no vision at all. Still sees him as a center but they don't want to give him time at center because he's played a few good games on the wing now...

Complete joke.

"We are doing fine!"

"A few more good games, we get DD and Pricer back, we're golden!"

Kraniumm

Hanshan
Jan 1, 2015
BC
W7 is right, yet again.

You thought DD was gonna be traded today?

You thought Therrien's gonna get fired?

You thought BargainBin will make a real move sometime?

Keep dreaming guys.
You're not the only one, man. I've been right there all along.

I've also drowned myself in whiskey trying to remain hopeful, but not even that could get me to ignore my common sense regarding MB/MT. :cry:

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Can't acquire players through trades because they cost too much...
Have to draft them yet the draft doesn't provide for all your needs and we don't draft high enough to meet those needs, and development takes time...
and to top if off, he doesn't believe in free agency..

How the **** are you supposed to use and make something from the present core then, you ****in nitwit??? What happens when Markov can't even skate anymore? Is it then that you'll let the team tank? And then Price will be gone or is gonna become too old before we can do something?

I hope Molson ****in wakes-up and fires this bonafide bozo

incognito Burrito*

I am tired of this GM. All he can do is get ****ing 3rd and 4th liners... I am done with this GM. He is wasting prime years with Carey, PK, Patches and in a few years these players will move on to better teams if this GM will still be here. This guy has never gotten a top 6 forward except Vanek which I think was luck... but other than that this guy has no balls. He should of traded Pleks, Markov and Eller for draft picks or for NHL players instead of keeping these guys. I am sure he got offers on these players but no... This GM wants us still to win games this season... Freaking joke

Argh you people are un-****ing-believable.

No one is acquiring players with term left like those kf Eller, Plekanec and Markov. Especially not for picks and/or prospects.

How do so many of you not get that ? You make those trades in the off season when teams are more willing to listen and there's more teams that could be involved.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Argh you people are un-****ing-believable.

No one is acquiring players with term left like those kf Eller, Plekanec and Markov. Especially not for picks and/or prospects.

How do so many of you not get that ? You make those trades in the off season when teams are more willing to listen and there's more teams that could be involved.

And who has Bergevin acquired during the off season?

HeShootsHeScores

Mar 17, 2009
MB seems to think he is something special coming from the hawks org. Doesn't wanna trade, not a believer of free agency....Wants to build through the draft. He thinks we're little kids asking for candys and he is that super wise guy asking for patience. Seems to me like he thinks his job is to wait for everything to happen by itself. Maybe we're gonna draft toews and kanes finishing 10th in the conference...

incognito Burrito*

And who has Bergevin acquired during the off season?

Kassian ? Bergevin is terrible, but you don't make those trades at this point in time.

Seriously, how do people not understand this ?

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004

What is the vision ?

There is none & never has been... I've been pointing that out for a few years now.

From his first full year on, the decision making behind most of his moves has clearly lacked the kind of consistency & cohesion that building from a clear plan/vision inevitably reflects.

Price & PK entering their prime and emerging as top 3-5 players in the league at their respective (and hugely impactful) positions shielded the roster and the ineptitude behind it from the league basement it otherwise would have struggled to avoid.

Ryder, gonchar, briere, parros, pap, bouillon, Armstrong, drewiskie, fleischmann, semin, Flynn, mitchell, DSP, vanek (deployed as a bottom 6 player in the po he was brought in for)....

4 years & the only skill player he has to show for is Petry... Who is still needing to grow into the big contract awarded to him after a brief stint playing at a bonafide top-4 level.

MB is in way over his head.... And I think he knows it... the odd beard growth, which is fully at odds with his previous approach to personal style, fits the profile of someone going through some identity issues... Not easy to realize you're a fraud, especially in such a public/high pressure environment

Guys cracking at the seams, another year like this one & who knows what erratic behaviour we'll see next

AlphaCentauri

Oct 11, 2015
Montreal
- I'm more concern about Trevor Timmins (not sure now) and the Ice Caps development team than about Marc Bergevin. Concerning the Ice Caps, I am impatient for the 2017-2018 Laval's new arena.

- Maybe we can get some pics (or get Jonathan Drouin) at the 2016 NHL draft with Markov and Plekanec !?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad