GDT: 2016 Trade Deadline Part II || Well... this sucks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Can't wait for the post TDL presser.

"We like Mike for a while now. He bring character and toughness."

OpenIceHit

Oct 3, 2006
Toronto
Can we win the cup with Condon in net? No? Then he's not good enough. That's the same logic people use when they want to get rid of Desharnais (which I agree with btw).

I understand it becomes harder to win games with any goaltender other than Price in nets. But to become the worst team in the NHL and have the worst record in team's history for a full 2.5 months just because you were missing Price...

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Don't know if any truth to this ...

Bargain Bin ‏@FredPoulin98
A lot of teams were waiting for the waiver-wire action to unfold before making moves because of the 50-contract maximum. #TradeCentre

Laurent

Wat.
Apr 9, 2010
Montreal
As Bergevin didn't put Gilbert on LTIR, can anyone tell me if it is possible to trade him to a cap-tight team? Could be a good asset for them to get rid of a contract and lower cap

Anyone?

SnapVirus

Jul 16, 2010
Mtl., QC.
Cant Believe we cant get picks/prospects for : DD, DSP, Flynn, Plekanec, Markov

Trade your assets that wont make you win a cup. Then build around your core. Stop keeping underachievers just for the sake of it.

JPGoHabsGo

May 30, 2013
I just really really want to hear MB's press conference.

Is marinaro going to be there?

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I feel like this need to be reposted.

This is during the Guy Boucher era :

Roloson .912 SV% 34 games
Smith .899 SV% 22 games
Ellis .899 SV% 31 games

So for 53 games he had to deal with .899 SV% and the team record was 26 - 13 - 7 with Smith and Ellis in net during the regular season. Still think it's too much to ask the Habs' play around .500 without Price?

For about 30 games Habs were dealing with a .880 SV%. That's much worse. Add to that the terrible rebound control and total lack of puck-handling by our rookie backups and it was even worse than its terrible numbers.

And meanwhile, Habs are moving towards .500 without Price.

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
I understand it becomes harder to win games with any goaltender other than Price in nets. But to become the worst team in the NHL and have the worst record in team's history for a full 2.5 months just because you were missing Price...

I agree that Price's absence exposed other weaknesses in the roster. No doubt about that. But going from best-in-league goaltending to worst-in-league goaltending can't be dismissed as huge a factor in our decline either. And to be clear - I'm not blaming Condon - he was put in an impossible situation.

CaptainBenn

Sep 8, 2012
Its crazy how Drouin gets such a free pass for sitting home not wanting to play
Brisebois just said hes a good kid

Hahah if yakupov or any other 3rd ov player did the same especially a russian helllllllllll imagine the madness locker room cancer attitude problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad