GDT: 2016 Trade Deadline Part II || Well... this sucks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
It's not even just this TDL - he's had enough time to do something meaningful via trades.

I'm sick of seeing every year go by with the same bs moves, bottom 6 grinders......do something that takes balls and improves the team long-term.

Sitting back watching real GM's work since Bergevin's hiring is getting old.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Good point made on TSN690. There's an internal rift between Subban and Pacioretty, so they trade all of P.K's friends. HRM!

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
we all know that this was a major part of the move...

Well if the idea is to fill up the bottom lines from francos to please the medias and some fans so that we'd concentrate in NOT playing Desharnais top 6...this is a gimme. Danault is clealry not a bad player. And if Matteau still is a bad one, well he's still not going to last long. It's his last chance maybe, let's hope he takes it.

Bugz

Apr 12, 2010
Nantes, France
I wonder if we could field an entire line up of 3rd and 4th liners.

De La Rose-Desharnais-Mitchell
Byron-Eller-Flynn
Matteau-McCarron-Brown
Lessio-Danault-Carr

HOLY HELL, we can field an entire roster of 3rd and 4th liners. This is nuts, I've never seen anything like this. The funny part is, these are players on the roster right now wiht only Desharnais and Carr being hurt. Insane.

"A dream come true."

Michel Therrien

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Kris Russell got a 2nd, a good prospect and a roster player.

We sat on our hands with Markov, Emelin..
****ing terrible GM.

Where are the defenders to tell us to wait to judge him until after the draft? after free agency? after trading camp? after the all star break? after the next trade deadline?

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto

Byron-Eller-Flynn
Matteau-McCarron-Brown
Lessio-Danault-Carr

HOLY HELL, we can field an entire roster of 3rd and 4th liners. This is nuts, I've never seen anything like this. The funny part is, these are players on the roster right now wiht only Desharnais and Carr being hurt. Insane.

That looks like a cup championship roster to me. :sarcasm:

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Jesus, if this stuff is true they need to trade one of Subban or Pacioretty, and the person telling media what's going on.

You can't have Pacioretty and Subban hating each other. ****, we desperately need Price back in the room to set these kids straight.

CH25

Self-proclaimed Habs connoisseur
Apr 12, 2010
Montreal

Byron-Eller-Flynn
Matteau-McCarron-Brown
Lessio-Danault-Carr

Holy crap we have so many bottom tier players :laugh:

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
1.5 year younger, significantly less established at the NHL level and less productive as a pro...

but he does have franco & NHL grinder heritage, which this leadership team does value.

Matteau
NHL TOTAL NHL 44 3 2 5 -10 23 0 0 0 - 52 0.11
AHL TOTAL AHL 128 25 28 53 15 106 6 0 8 - 211 0.41

DSP
NHL TOTAL NHL 195 21 34 55 -9 64 1 2 5 - 258 0.28
AHL TOTAL AHL 124 41 35 76 -20 96 15 3 2 - 249 0.61

not really disappointed to see DSP go, but not at all exctited to see matteau coming in.

strange thing is that MB goes out and gets yet another player with a bad reputation/history as far as attitude/maturity goes...

http://www.si.com/nhl/home-ice/2013...s-time-for-devils-prospect-matteau-to-grow-up

Devils giving up on him pretty soon despite having been a recent 1st round pick and having a lack of W depth at NHL level not very promising either.

on the positive side, he played with McCarron in the USHL... not sure if they ever were linemates, but hopefully there was some positive connection/relationship there.
Holy crap a worse version of DSP. I didn't even know that was possible.

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
Kris Russell got a 2nd, a good prospect and a roster player.

We sat on our hands with Markov, Emelin..
****ing terrible GM.

Where are the defenders to tell us to wait to judge him until after the draft? after free agency? after trading camp? after the all star break? after the next trade deadline?

I can't wait for the new memes Bergy will serve up at his presser today. Doubt he can out do his "it's on me" but I'm hoping for something great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad