WC: 2016 Team Canada Pt. II

Rexor

Oct 24, 2006
Brno
You track Philly a little closer than I do, so have you heard any injury updates on Giroux and Voracek. I ask about Voracek because I've always been curious about his surname, Voracek. Vor in Russian is thief. So, Czech thief. Everytime I watch a Philly game and hear his name, I always wonder...What does Vor in Czech mean?

Voráček (or more correctly Oráček) means "a little ploughman" in Czech.

Bear12Good

Dec 7, 2015
Russia
perferct scenario:)

Taylor Hall Connor McDavid Mark Stone
Brad Marchand Matt Duchene Ryan O'Reilly
Mark Scheifele Ryan Getzlaf Correy Perry
Boone Jenner Derick Brassard Brendan Gallaher
Max Domi
Sam Reinart

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
There goes any hope of Weber and/or Ellis on D.

I wonder if Getzlaf or Perry will come? Long shot I know but maybe they want to forget about the disaster these last 4 playoff game 7s have been :dunno:

Bear12Good

Dec 7, 2015
Russia

I wonder if Getzlaf or Perry will come? Long shot I know but maybe they want to forget about the disaster these last 4 playoff game 7s have been :dunno:

Do you remember how Getzlaf played in 2012 against Slovakia? (

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
Do you remember how Getzlaf played in 2012 against Slovakia? (

Just further proof showing what little value Canadians attach to this tournament, performances, good or bad, but mostly bad, are forgotten soon thereafter...in a lot of cases, the very next day.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
Watched another dominating performance by Tavares last night...thrilled to see him go on a playoff run here, but what could have been with McDavid and Tavares as the 1st. PP unit. records would have been broken. A Sid v JT Conference final would be epic. I hope it happens. Anyway...back to reality and regularly scheduled programming, still no D named to this team?

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005

I highly highly doubt they go. They've played a ton of hockey, and at least Getzlaf has the World Cup upcoming. They've both gone and done their turns at this tourney.

Malcolm

Apr 6, 2016
I highly highly doubt they go. They've played a ton of hockey, and at least Getzlaf has the World Cup upcoming. They've both gone and done their turns at this tourney.

The question is if Perry feels an appearance will guarantee a spot in September he may show up. He might not even be asked if Hockey Canada has already decided who the extra forward will be but have not announced this yet.

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
Who are the realistic possibilities? I'd say:

F: Giroux, Simmonds, Smith, Huberdeau, Toffoli, Pearson, Perry

D: Ekblad, Scandella, Spurgeon, Muzzin, Bieksa, Seabrook

G: Kuemper, Mason

Bear12Good

Dec 7, 2015
Russia
Who are the realistic possibilities? I'd say:

F: Giroux, Simmonds, Smith, Huberdeau, Toffoli, Pearson, Perry

D: Ekblad, Scandella, Spurgeon, Muzzin, Bieksa, Seabrook

G: Kuemper, Mason

:):)
Roberto Luongo Corey Crawford

Rick Nash Jonatan Towes Milan Lucic
Brayden Schenn Ryan Getzlaf Jeff Carter

Dan Girardi Kevin Klein
Marc Staal Danckan Keith

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
:):)
Roberto Luongo Corey Crawford

Rick Nash Jonatan Towes Milan Lucic
Brayden Schenn Ryan Getzlaf Jeff Carter

Dan Girardi Kevin Klein
Marc Staal Danckan Keith

Except maybe Nash, Schenn all of them are highly unlikely. Klein or M. Staal possibly. If there was any other Rangers joining the team, I think he would be announced right next to Brassard.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
Except maybe Nash, Schenn all of them are highly unlikely. Klein or M. Staal possibly.

Please, no NY Ranger defenseman, please! they were terrible this year...we just have to come up with better than that...otherwise I'm not even going to watch except to check in to see how McDavid is doing.

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
I figure by tomorrow afternoon we'll know what the team looks like. They can't wait much longer than that, and they'll have asked everyone by the end of today. I imagine they wait a day or so at least before asking guys, so the Minny guys should be asked by today or late yesterday, same with Florida. Might wait until later tonight or tomorrow morning to ask any Ducks players.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
I figure by tomorrow afternoon we'll know what the team looks like. They can't wait much longer than that, and they'll have asked everyone by the end of today. I imagine they wait a day or so at least before asking guys, so the Minny guys should be asked by today or late yesterday, same with Florida. Might wait until later tonight or tomorrow morning to ask any Ducks players.

They'll figure it today...they have to. players begin departing for Europe on Saturday/Sunday. 1st day of camp begins on Monday. game on Tuesday and then off to St. Petersburg.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad