WC: 2016 Team Canada Pt. II

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Didn't Johansen decline the invite last year? I'd just pick up Toffoli or Simmonds and move along to bolstering the defense. I'd prefer those two guys over Johansen anyway, considering the current make up of the forward group. I also wouldn't be against them "rewarding" Schenn for a strong season and being a good soldier at last year's tournament.

Yes he declined last year. Johansen has the highest ceiling of any of those players though, and it would be interesting to see him in a tournament beyond the junior level. I would rather see different players get a shot at this level, but there isn't a big problem if someone like Schenn goes.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Cripes, when are we gonna get some word on d-men?

It's not the most prestigious thing but I do enjoy winning the Skodas, we need some reinforcements to do that.

Malcolm

Apr 6, 2016
I am not optimistic about any significant upgrades if Hockey Canada is willing to go with Brassard before the final 1st round series is over. Not saying he is not a decent player but there are many A team players out there available so they must all have already declined.
Same goes for Dmen. someone would have been named by now. They are probably even moved on from Scandella and Spurgeon.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Cripes, when are we gonna get some word on d-men?

It's not the most prestigious thing but I do enjoy winning the Skodas, we need some reinforcements to do that.

Our D definitely not as strong as last year at this point, hopefully we get Ekblad and Weber, but Muzzin would be ok too.

Lots of fire power up front, maybe we'll add a couple more stud forwards and we should have a fairly strong group.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Our D definitely not as strong as last year at this point, hopefully we get Ekblad and Weber, but Muzzin would be ok too.

Lots of fire power up front, maybe we'll add a couple more stud forwards and we should have a fairly strong group.

I'm losing hope on the defense.

Malcolm

Apr 6, 2016
If we can get two stud Dmen and some more solid forward additions, I would think we have a fairly good chance at defending our gold.

There is only 1 forward position, 2 D and 1 goalie positions left. According to Dregger Hockey Canada was to add 2 forwards, 2 D and 1 goalie and that was before the Brassard addtion.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
There is only 1 forward position, 2 D and 1 goalie positions left. According to Dregger Hockey Canada was to add 2 forwards, 2 D and 1 goalie and that was before the Brassard addtion.

technically you can name to the roster 22 skaters and 3 goaltenders for a total of 25 roster spots. There are currently 19 players on the roster.

so, in reality, Canada can add 2 more forwards and 3 more D-man + goaltender.

Hockey Canada won't add that many. my guess would be 1 more forward 2 d and 1 goaltender. Although they only named 2 goaltenders last year. They never seem to be hung up on the idea of having 3.

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
getting geared up for Czech v Canada pre-tournament game? I still have no idea whether or not it will be broadcast in Canada. I doubt it. I imagine the broadcast crew will just fly straight on to Piter.

Pretty excited, no doubt. And looking for some Flyers players. Not only for Team Canada. :naughty:

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
O'Reilly - McDavid - Scheifele
Marchand - Giroux - Stone
Hall - Duchene - Gallagher
Jenner - Brassard - Reinhart
Domi

Boom.

Except for Girioux hasn't been named to the team.

Edit: That I know of anyways, this would be a rather large development.

Bear12Good

Dec 7, 2015
Russia
dream scenario

Taylor Hall Connor McDavid Mark Stone
Brad Marchand Matt Duchene Ryan O'Reilly
Jeff Carter Claude Giroux Brendan Gallaher
Mark Scheifele Derick Brassard Boone Jenner
Max Domi
Sam Reinart

Gsus

MVP
Feb 20, 2014
Pori, Finland
Will be interesting to see if Giroux gets to wear the jersey. If he doesn't it will probably be because he's injured. He should make the team if he's healthy and have a shot at World Cup.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
O'Reilly - McDavid - Scheifele
Marchand - Giroux - Stone
Hall - Duchene - Gallagher
Jenner - Brassard - Reinhart
Domi

Boom.

I never like seeing Scheifele on the 1st line in any version of Team Canada. lingering bad memories of the 2013 Ufa World Juniors. So, I'll have to disagree with that lineup. 3rd line or lower.

You track Philly a little closer than I do, so have you heard any injury updates on Giroux and Voracek. I ask about Voracek because I've always been curious about his surname, Voracek. Vor in Russian is thief. So, Czech thief. Everytime I watch a Philly game and hear his name, I always wonder...What does Vor in Czech mean?

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Will be interesting to see if Giroux gets to wear the jersey. If he doesn't it will probably be because he's injured. He should make the team if he's healthy and have a shot at World Cup.

I hope he tells Team Canada to get ****ed.

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
I never like seeing Scheifele on the 1st line in any version of Team Canada. lingering bad memories of the 2013 Ufa World Juniors. So, I'll have to disagree with that lineup. 3rd line or lower.

You track Philly a little closer than I do, so have you heard any injury updates on Giroux and Voracek. I ask about Voracek because I've always been curious about his surname, Voracek. Vor in Russian is thief. So, Czech thief. Everytime I watch a Philly game and hear his name, I always wonder...What does Vor in Czech mean?

Nothing new on Giroux, in his exit interview, he didn't mention anything about the Worlds and team Canada.

Vor means a wooden raft in Czech. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad