Transfer: 2016 Summer Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Im just excited to see who Klopp is going to bring in. Definitely need a new goalie. Think also a new left back and another central midfielder who can be paired with Can. Another attacking player would be nice too, to play where Lallana is( I like him but I feel he should be starting about 10-15 games a year and mainly comes on as a sub).

Evidence is pointing to Chilwell and Zielinski. Bigger names still Gotze and Dahoud but they will be harder to get over the line. A win on the 18th would be a major help.

Last edited:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
What other options however? We've heard about Dembélé, Gameiro, Lacazette.
Most of these guys want to start and none is as good as Ben Arfa right now.

Evilo.

Is L'Equipe really saying that Liverpool is trying to sneak Dembele away from Dortmund?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yeah I read their name.
Frankly I think he's going to Dortmund. But Rennes is right to ask for 35M€ and if Dortmund is too cheap then he's going elsewhere.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Yeah I read their name.
Frankly I think he's going to Dortmund. But Rennes is right to ask for 35M€ and if Dortmund is too cheap then he's going elsewhere.

Not sure Liverpool will go that high (but they should)

If Gotze and/or Dahoud won't go to Liverpool they can certainly use that money elsewhere.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Watzke said that the Hummels transfer is up to him now. Seems to suggest that Bayern is willing to meet Dortmund's asking price. :(

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Not sure Liverpool will go that high (but they should)

If Gotze and/or Dahoud won't go to Liverpool they can certainly use that money elsewhere.

They would if they made the CL. Their budget would be enormous in that case. Given he can play anywhere in the front three and has young legs Klopp would turn into a running and pressing machine he'd fit perfectly.

Last edited:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
They would if they made the CL. Their budget would be enormous in that case. Given he can play anywhere in the front three and has young legs Klopp would turn into a running and pressing machine he'd fit perfectly.

Dembele is actually want Liverpool need more than anything else. Goals and athleticism out wide. Unfortunately it's also easy to see Dortmund getting all three of the big name transfer targets that Liverpool seem to be after, (Gotze, Dahoud and Dembele). Winning on the 18th would be massive.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Dembele is actually want Liverpool need more than anything else. Goals and athleticism out wide. Unfortunately it's also easy to see Dortmund getting all three of the big name transfer targets that Liverpool seem to be after, (Gotze, Dahoud and Dembele). Winning on the 18th would be massive.

Winning on the 18th has the potential to accelerate the rebuild (whatever you want to call it) anywhere from 1-3 years.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011

German U17 goalkeeper Luca Unbehaun apparently transferring from Bochum to Dortmund this summer.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY

And fortunately for them, the CL champion will earn a group stage berth via domestic competition, thus the Europa winner should be automatically pushed into the group stage, as opposed to having to have a playoff game.

The tough part if you're in the playoff round is that if you lose the playoff game you hardly make anything. €3M for a playoff loss, no share of the market pool. But if you are in the group stage you get a minimum of €12M plus the market pool that's worth €25-35M for an English team, plus additional of they manage to go further.

That's the place either City or United will be in next year. For City especially, losing to Arsenal meant probably giving up ~€50M guaranteed to going down to potentially only ~€5-6M under a CL playoff loss and Europa group stage exit. Might put them in a tough spot, especially they're just getting past FFP sanctions.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
I'm interested to see what Leicester are going to do over the summer. They don't have enough depth to compete in the CL. Are they going to try to strengthen their squad? What about Mahrez, Vardy and Kante? And what objectives are they going to put for themselves next season?

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
I'm interested to see what Leicester are going to do over the summer. They don't have enough depth to compete in the CL. Are they going to try to strengthen their squad? What about Mahrez, Vardy and Kante? And what objectives are they going to put for themselves next season?

I think they should sell Vardy. He's 28 or 29 years old with his first "good" season. Now is the time to maximize the potential return.

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation

Sell Vardy. Sell Mahrez if a too good offer comes in, if not then extend him and Kante. Build depth and strengthen where they can but they need to be smart and add players that fit their system instead of adding talent for talent's sake.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
how would you improve upon Spurs for next year?

The back 4 and Lloris are top notch. I think Dembele and Dier are a fine backbone and of course you have Kane and Alli.

....so that leaves Eriksen and Lamela. Of course they are fine players, but there are better players out there, but they will be expensive. Do you spend big money on an improvement there, or maybe just a veteran support player for Kane up front?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Extremely talented dribbler. Can make dumb decisions (pass instead of shoot or vice versa). Still progressing, relatively new to top level football. But he's insanely talented. Take a look if you can at the goal he scored the other day (1st of a hattrick).

In other news from good french sources (FF, L'E) :
Mahrez can choose from Real, PSG, Barca and several EPL teams.
Ranieri has called Dembélé to convince him to come to Leicester.
Ben Arfa was in Barca to day to visit Camp Nou and meet Barca officials.
If PSG sells Digne to Roma (likely), they might sign Tremoulinas as Kurzawa's backup (given his crossing skills, it seems like a very good fit).

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
how would you improve upon Spurs for next year?

The back 4 and Lloris are top notch. I think Dembele and Dier are a fine backbone and of course you have Kane and Alli.

....so that leaves Eriksen and Lamela. Of course they are fine players, but there are better players out there, but they will be expensive. Do you spend big money on an improvement there, or maybe just a veteran support player for Kane up front?

Chadli, Eriksen, Lamela and Son are the Spurs attackers outside of Kane. Are they good enough to win a league??? If Lamela can stay un-broken and Son can start scoring again, I would say yes. There's a decent mix of styles at play, they do need to add another striker up top.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Spurs could certainly use an upgrade on Chadli in their attacking rotation...preferably someone who can actually rotate with Kane without them loosing their teeth. I'd look for a talented young 6/8 to; to push Dier n Dembele and hedge against their form regressing next season, and also to take some pressure off of Alli.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad