Transfer: 2016 Summer Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Given that Götze actually has wasted a couple of years on the bench and got paid handsomely... one would think he'd be open to playing for a team that will play him regularly as a starter but still pay him good wages, not as good as he's making now mind you but good enough.

Barca aren't high on Masip he sucks...I honestly forgot he's on the team tbh.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Given that Götze actually has wasted a couple of years on the bench and got paid handsomely... one would think he'd be open to playing for a team that will play him regularly as a starter but still pay him good wages, not as good as he's making now mind you but good enough.

I think he'd make €140k a week everywhere. 109k in British money, almost every club over there would pay that.

I think Carlo will use him more, so that's a factor too.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I think much of the fanciful talk about this player or that will have to play out with where they end up and how much money there is to spend and what players they can get rid of.

If they can end up in Europe (UEFA at best it seems) it would help attract some, though Klopp is the key selling point.

I also think if they get a sponsor for the new Main Stand, that increases the money they can spend.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I think that guys like Gotze and Reus are wishful thinking. They play for better clubs, make lots of money, and have no real reason to move to Liverpool. Unless they are told they are not wanted/needed and told they can seek a move Liverpool have no chance IMO, and on top of it there'd be better clubs than us at the moment that would be in on those players if that were the case.

Where we're going to have to look, at least until we're back in the CL consistently, the best players outside of the teams that already have guaranteed CL/trophy contention and that wouldn't be bought by bigger/better teams than us, but who also have room to grow and become top players (like Suarez, Coutinho, Sturridge, Torres, etc.).

It's sad, but right now we need to develop top players as it'll always be tough with our past decade of 'mediocrity' to just buy an elite player over another team that can simply offer more than history.

I'd think it would have been more concerning that Rodgers just for the most part didn't bring in quality players, and was mediocre at managing them. Like LITN I don't believe in intangibles, at least not "heart", "soul", "attitude", and the like.

Rogers failed in his transfer dealings for sure, but he wasn't a mediocre manager. He was quite a good coach and tactician and was actually pretty successful with what he had at his disposal all things considered. All of his players talked highly of him (especially Suarez and Gerrard) in that respect as well.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I think it affords Liverpool a unique chance to attract players they usually would not for a short window while they have Klopp.

That will fade once they don't put the CL or the wages/money out that they would need. But Klopp can attract a player that they're not used to getting.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Yeah, but few of klopp's old players will move anywhere this summer. Maybe Shinji moves if BVB need to free up his salary. But Gotze will stay in Bayern to see how things play out under Carlo, and Reus probably won't move unless Liverpool offer him insane wages and BVB an insane package; aka KDB money. And then only if Watzke and Zorc get replaced by someone with balls.

Cucumber

The best
Feb 7, 2014
Honestly if LFC are going to make a push for CL with Klopp. I think it's more intelligent for him to buy young players and let them develop. Maybe with Klopp's rep he can bring in 1 or 2 excellent players but 2 is really pushing it imo.

Go to ajax and see if you can get promes(LFC need 2wingers imo) and then go get a more experience but still youngish winger in mid20s. Someone like an Antonio from West ham or Bolasie from Palace or Vargas from Hoffenheim. Sidney Sam is another option from Schalke but I don't think he has enough quality in his game.

Striker wise when healthy atm their depth is Sturridge, Benteke, Ings, firmino Origi(I might be missing someone)
I think I would sell Benteke and Balo. Then go after Lacazette or Max Kruse or Muto maybe

DCM/CM wise: Xhana, Bazoer, Rabiot or mikel. Wayama is an option but doubt Southampton sells this summer.

GK wise: MAtS, or some Bundesliga gk. I don't know how much Sirigu has played but he might be an option as well.

Add in a couple players on loan and LFC are in a solid position. I am a utd fan but I think LFC will be a regular CL team.

Arsenal after Wenger leaves will go through what man utd went through. Ozil, Sanchez, ect... will want to leave imo.

Chelsea will come back.
City is City.
Man utd depending who replaces LVG could be a regular top4 team
LFC
Are my top4 picks for the next couple years.

Spurs/Leicester will sell players to richer clubs and can't keep getting top4imo.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
How are LFC supposed to attract Xhaka or Rabiot? You can have Sam as long as you're willing to pay his salary; but you're not getting top young mids from CL sides who have bigger and better clubs interested in them.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
di Marzio makes it sound like Joao Teixeira has signed with Fiorentina. Makes sense given that he couldn't break into our team, but I expected him to land a little lower down the spectrum.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Yeah, but few of klopp's old players will move anywhere this summer. Maybe Shinji moves if BVB need to free up his salary. But Gotze will stay in Bayern to see how things play out under Carlo, and Reus probably won't move unless Liverpool offer him insane wages and BVB an insane package; aka KDB money. And then only if Watzke and Zorc get replaced by someone with balls.

The bigger issue in the case of selling Reus or Shinji is that both of them are fan favorites, and Zorc/Watzke pander to the fans in their transfer dealings. I'm not sure if Shinji's recent bad form has been just a result of being thrown off by his illness or symptomatic of a deeper misfit in Tuchel's side. IMO Ginter, Subotic, Reus, Ramos, and Castro should or will be strong transfer candidates in the summer. I have some doubts about Sokratis and Shinji too. I'm not sure how much money is tied up in Sahin, but he should be a candidate too if he can't stay healthy, even though he has been good recently and Tuchel rates him.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
:rolleyes: Yet you want Götze, who effectively chose to warm the bench much of the time at Bayern instead of being a clear first choice at Dortmund.

I think you know this isn't true.

He's played 45 and 48 matches in the last two seasons, so its not like he's not played at all since the time he got there. Now, he's been injured for a while and they've brought in a few new wingers who've done really well without getting rid of anyone else so he can't even get games out of position.

Guardiola has been unable to recognize that he isn't a winger, and its hurt his development that his coach can't even properly spot where he plays the best. He has had some patchy form the last few seasons, but thats typical of younger players.

Bayern mostly now plays with two big strikers in important matches, and they are two of the first names on the team sheet, so getting in the lineup at his main position isn't all that easy, considering he's not that style of player and Muller and Lewandowksi are two of the best strikers in the world.

I don't think this is what he chose. I think he's been unlucky to miss so much time with injuries and unlucky to have a manager that has hurt his development. Is that his problem? Should he have known this would happen? You sure you aren't saying this only because you are a Dortmund fan?

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I do think ter Stegen is an exceptional talent with great reflexes, movement, and ball-stopping, in addition to being probably the most technically gifted and best passing keeper in the world already (which Barca clearly prefers in their keepers). Maybe he's not an undisputed top 10 keeper at the moment, but he certainly has the potential to be one of the very best. Not irreplaceable, but not very easily replaced either.

I'll go a step further, if he was getting regular minutes, he'd be recognized as a top 10 keeper in the world.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
I think you know this isn't true.

He's played 45 and 48 matches in the last two seasons, so its not like he's not played at all since the time he got there. Now, he's been injured for a while and they've brought in a few new wingers who've done really well without getting rid of anyone else so he can't even get games out of position.

Guardiola has been unable to recognize that he isn't a winger, and its hurt his development that his coach can't even properly spot where he plays the best. He has had some patchy form the last few seasons, but thats typical of younger players.

Bayern mostly now plays with two big strikers in important matches, and they are two of the first names on the team sheet, so getting in the lineup at his main position isn't all that easy, considering he's not that style of player and Muller and Lewandowksi are two of the best strikers in the world.

I don't think this is what he chose. I think he's been unlucky to miss so much time with injuries and unlucky to have a manager that has hurt his development. Is that his problem? Should he have known this would happen? You sure you aren't saying this only because you are a Dortmund fan?

He should have known that there would be a lot more competition for a roster spot at Bayern than at Dortmund. Everyone should know that when they transfer to a giant club.

He has missed time with injury, but I sort of suspect that Guardiola never rated him as an indispensable player. I don't hold a grudge toward him and I exaggerated to point out the inconsistency in Savant's attitude toward ter Stegen and Götze.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I already spoke of what players I thought were available to Liverpool. With that in mind if we're going to talk about potential targets with some wishful thinking?

Promes/Herrmann/Boufal, Oczipka/Schmelzer/Hector, Leno/Horn/Anyone and Pjanic/Stendera/Jorginho.

Could probably use a legitimate goal scoring forward since Sturridge isn't reliable and hasn't looked great since his return from injury anyway, tbh.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
If PSG wants Boufal, Liverpool won't get him. If not, he's clearly a good option.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
I already spoke of what players I thought were available to Liverpool. With that in mind if we're going to talk about potential targets with some wishful thinking?

Promes/Herrmann/Boufal, Oczipka/Schmelzer/Hector, Leno/Horn/Anyone and Pjanic/Stendera/Jorginho.

Could probably use a legitimate goal scoring forward since Sturridge isn't reliable and hasn't looked great since his return from injury anyway, tbh.

I don't think Schmelzer will leave. I like the Zielinski to 'pool rumor. I think he'd be very good as a central midfielder for Klopp.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
That's probably supposed to be wity?
Anyway, PSG will probably make a big move this summer and then sign one or two wingers.
And of course, they'll need to make a decision on Marquinhos.

Plato

Nov 12, 2005
New York
I'd reckon Dani Alves joins PSG in the summer.
Makes sense with Aurier on the way out and Dani being out of contract.
Have to figure PSG will meet his wage demands and I'll also assume he wouldn't mind playing with any of the other Brazilians on the backline there.

Cucumber

The best
Feb 7, 2014
How are LFC supposed to attract Xhaka or Rabiot? You can have Sam as long as you're willing to pay his salary; but you're not getting top young mids from CL sides who have bigger and better clubs interested in them.

Fair points.

Why is Reus name mentioned on here? I haven't followed BVB this year but 2nd in the table comfortably and Reus is a fan favorite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad