Transfer: 2016 Summer Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.

McOilbleeder

We are all Kloppites
Aug 5, 2006
Oil Country
RP online suggest LFC have made a 20M (pound) bid for Gotze and are interested in Mainz' goalkeeper Karius. (10M Euro release clause)

Any regular watchers want to tell me about Karius?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
If or when Arsenal get Xhaka, it will be a great signing, but again, just one player won't make a difference.

We still need...

- Someone to replace Mertesacker (if that is Gabriel or Chambers, so be it, just get him off the ****in' club)

- Someone to replace Arteta (Could be Xhaka, could be El Neny)

- Someone to replace Cazorla (if he wants to finish his career in Spain, which will be sad, but understandable. Could be Xhaka)

- Someone to replace Ramsey (Aaron is a pretty good player, but pretty much a disaster year from him, would like to see an upgrade on him. Again it could be Xhaka, but how can one player potential replace three? Wengerism philosophy? :sarcasm:)

- Someone to replace Giroud (it has been a much needed area of work for the strikers)

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
RP online suggest LFC have made a 20M (pound) bid for Gotze and are interested in Mainz' goalkeeper Karius. (10M Euro release clause)

Any regular watchers want to tell me about Karius?

He's pretty good. More reliable than Mignolet I think.

If or when Arsenal get Xhaka, it will be a great signing, but again, just one player won't make a difference.

We still need...

- Someone to replace Mertesacker (if that is Gabriel or Chambers, so be it, just get him off the ****in' club)

- Someone to replace Arteta (Could be Xhaka, could be El Neny)

- Someone to replace Cazorla (if he wants to finish his career in Spain, which will be sad, but understandable. Could be Xhaka)

- Someone to replace Ramsey (Aaron is a pretty good player, but pretty much a disaster year from him, would like to see an upgrade on him. Again it could be Xhaka, but how can one player potential replace three? Wengerism philosophy? :sarcasm:)

- Someone to replace Giroud (it has been a much needed area of work for the strikers)

What about using Iwobi more? I liked him a lot. Arsenal could always rejoin the Götze sweepstakes.

Are the Werner to Dortmund rumors legit?

The source is reliable. Local Stuttgart paper saying he'd go to Red Bull or Dortmund. I hope he goes to Leipzig actually. Not a perfect fit in Dortmund imo.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
How do Ozil and Gotze work in the same lineup for Germany? I wouldn't think that would work since both players prefer playing centrally.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I'm not sure how good a fit either BVB or RB is for Werner. Even at Redbull he'd have a lot of competition for PT that would make it harder for them to ride through any inconsistencies without putting someone else in his place. Maybe he should join Nagelsmann at Hoppenheim if Volland doesn't decide to stay? Schalke could make sense since ECMC's really the only forward of theirs I like who's ready for the first league, and ECMC's streaky as s***. Mainz or Hertha could be interesting destinations for him, depending on what this summer brings.

But he needs some place we're he'll get a lot of PT & development, cause the last few years with Stuttgart's senior team have been far too stagnant for a talent of his caliber.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
How do Ozil and Gotze work in the same lineup for Germany? I wouldn't think that would work since both players prefer playing centrally.

There is lots of space in the center of the pitch though, and many ways of accommodating two playmakers. It works just fine.

I'm not sure how good a fit either BVB or RB is for Werner. Even at Redbull he'd have a lot of competition for PT that would make it harder for them to ride through any inconsistencies without putting someone else in his place. Maybe joining Nagelsmann if Volland doesn't decide to stay? Schalke could make sense since ECMC's really the only forward of theirs I like who's ready for the first league, and ECMC's streaky as s***. Mainz or Hertha could be interesting destinations for him, depending on what this summer brings.

But he needs some place we're he'll get a lot of PT & development, cause the last few years with Stuttgart's senior team have been far too stagnant for a talent of his caliber.

Schalke has been a bad place for talented young players to develop once they graduate from their academy. I rate Weinzierl more highly than Breitenreiter, but if I were in Werner's position, I wouldn't think he has a good enough record developing young players to risk the instability of Schalke. RB or Hoffenheim would be good, but I don't think he has been linked with Hoffenheim, has he?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Oh no, so far just BVB n RB. I was just thinking through the best options for him. And while Schalke's always done things in their schalke way, that's excessively harsh. They haven't been a great developer of talent at the senior level, but they've developed players. I think that critique is more fairly leveled at VFL, and even their I disagree with it.

Plus with Heidel replacing Heldt, some of that "schalke"-ness should be diminished. Even if I'm lower on Weinzierl than most.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Arteta, Rosicky and Flamini will leave Arsenal in the summer on free transfers. Not much of value really, two injury prone players while Arteta will likely retire and go into coaching

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
What about using Iwobi more? I liked him a lot. Arsenal could always rejoin the Götze sweepstakes.

I made a comment concerning Iwobi sometime ago, but can't remember if it was here or on Avs football thread. Where ever it was, here's my take on it. I don't know if Iwobi coming out of nowhere is either a good or bad sign for Arsenal. The good is it's finally nice to a prospect come from the academy and produce at a small, but amazing rate. It's been quite a while since a youth has contributed, seems a lot can't crack this average club and move on to other opportunities. He also provided at some consistent effort in that RW position we really needed. You can't say the same thing about the effin' "Casper" Walcott and "Wenger's bench toy" Campbell.

The bad side, for a team with Arsenal's rich history and money, should Iwobi even be starting in the first place? If this team actually had inspiration to go deep in both the EPL and CL, they should have already someone better than Iwobi, Campbell, and Walcott in that position. I am going to go back to my Griezmann discussion, but he went for just 30 million Euros based on the data via Transfermarkt. Yes he doesn't play RW, but he does play LW and we could have just moved Sanchez back to the right side. 30 million wouldn't come close of breaking Arsenal's 200 million treasure chest. Arsenal make his transfer fee when making the freakin' group stage. Good for Iwobi on making the most out of his chances, but I don't think he's a player that should be starting at this point of time, I mean he was on the first team playing against ****in' Barca on the second leg (that shows how much wrong is with this club).

As for Goezte, meh won't happen. I am probably not going to post Arsenal rumours this summer. This summer in particular because I guarantee we will be rumoured to a thousand players....and it won't shock me anymore if we finish it with just Xhaka and someone stupid like Jeremy Menez as a replacement for Giroud. :laugh: Then with Wenger's comments (which I posted a while back) that this won't be a busy window because he thinks his team is like The Incredibles.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
According to SKY Italia, Leicester is interested in Sporting's striker Slimani

He has a very good profile for the EPL, and great chemistry with Mahrez in the NT

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
A few rumors floating around that PSG wants to lure Martial back to France. I don't think it'll happen, but if it did I'd imagine United would want back at least what they paid.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
RP Online is reporting that Gladbach has had preliminary talks with Tielemans and is going to start negotiations. Price would be 15-20M. That would be a fantastic buy for them.

Yannick Gerhardt is rumored to be on the move from Köln to Wolfsburg for 12-14M. That's quite a lot for a player of his stature. Possibly a Rodriguez replacement.

Schalke have signed Naldo.

njdevsfn95

Help JJJ, Sprite.
Jul 30, 2006
Newcastle exodus will be upon us soon and it may start with Janmaat to Inter or Juve according to tweets from NUFC writers.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Yeah read that but I don't believe it frankly.

I think the only way it happens is if Martial is unhappy at United or in England and wants to head back to France. But I haven't heard anything along those lines so it just doesn't seem likely.

The only way United lets him go without him forcing it is if they got an absolutely stupid price for him and I can't see PSG offering anything that silly.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
He's pretty good. More reliable than Mignolet I think.

Karius is a GK that I rate better than Horn for sure, (and is the strongest linked GK to Liverpool at the moment for sure), but I would really be hopeful that Liverpool go for someone more established at that position. If things break right, a player like Hart or Navas could be available.

Liverpool want to be in the Top 4 annually again; and dare I say challenging for leagues. I think they need a GK that matches those ambitions. Look at who their rivals have at that position.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Nah I could see Martial really wanting to join PSG instead of staying at United. Problem is, I don't see United selling him, and certainly not at a huge loss. And frankly PSG would be better adivsed to spend 80M on someone else.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Nah I could see Martial really wanting to join PSG instead of staying at United. Problem is, I don't see United selling him, and certainly not at a huge loss. And frankly PSG would be better adivsed to spend 80M on someone else.

That's kinda what I meant. United isn't moving him unless he *really* wants to force a move and, although I could definitely see him wanting PSG over United, I haven't heard anything that he's unhappy or wants to join PSG enough to really push a move.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Dinamo youngster Josip Brekalo set to join Wolfsburg, some "bigger" clubs were interested but Wolfsburg got the edge due to the fact he will be immediately in the first team. The fee could rise up to 10m euros with the bonuses/add-ons. So another youth player Dinamo sells before he barely played in the first time like Jedvaj and others, but he opened a lot of eyes at the U17 World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad