Transfer: 2016 Summer Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Getting as many boss players as they can get isn't a bad thing.

Klopp will figure out where they go eventually. I'm not saying he should be playing over Coutinho or not, but having more talent as opposed to less isn't a big deal with the amount of matches they're going to have next year.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
The Blues tried having the highest payroll (£215.6m) and failed miserably. What do you guys think they should and will do?

Sell what they can that has value and isn't worth it to China. Cesc, Mikel, Pedro, Remy, Costa and Willian are all starting to hit a stage where their return is going to be less and less. I would clean house.

If Barcelona, Real or PSG want Courtois or Hazard for a mint, I would do it in a heart beat. If they won't, keep them around, load up their salary and put a ridiculous buyout. They're young enough to keep around for a rebuild.

Make a profit on those players, keep buying younger talents. Get a good up and coming manager. Let him have 2-3 seasons as opposed to what they have been doing of late.

They won't, but that's what I would do.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Edimilson Fernandes and Tonny Vilhena have been linked with BMG recently, both are interesting...though I would like to know more about how Vilhena's developed these past few years. Grilitsch is the young 6 that I really want BMG to get to fill Xhaka's spot, since he can step right in at the BuLi level, but Fernandes is a very intriguing talent who seems to have quite a bit of Xhaka's strengths in him...though he's certainly more of a signing for the future. I'd like to see both join BMG, even if they make further moves that would allow Dahoud to take over more of Xhaka's responsibilities.

Vilhena seems like he'd be a signing more in that latter mold; an alternative to Kramer or Amiri/Stendera/Betancur who would let Dahoud move into a more Xhaka like position.

With Volland set to decide his future by the end of the month, BMG seem to be on their way to another fantastic season if they pull these moves off.

Last edited:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Well the first buy of the summer is a fantastic one. Awesome.

Please let Oliver happen though.

Any two of Torres, Tielemans or Gotze is what I'm hoping for your midfield. Add Sule/Tah & Dragovic/Toprak/Mustafi, and BVB will be set to challenge for the league & make noise in europe.

Now can Watzke make all of that happen without all of those players refusing to go anywhere but to his team?

Cin

Eurosnob.
Feb 29, 2008
Austin, TX
Any two of Torres, Tielemans or Gotze is what I'm hoping for your midfield. Add Sule/Tah & Dragovic/Toprak/Mustafi, and BVB will be set to challenge for the league & make noise in europe.

Now can Watzke make all of that happen without all of those players refusing to go anywhere but to his team?

Honestly I think Torres would fit the best. The way he's able to switch the play and find those serious deep ball threats is what we need if Gundogan is gone. Would also help with losing Mats just a bit. I just think our club is a perfect fit for him.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
If I'm being honest, I'd prefer Torres & Tielemans for you; but there's a lot of push to bring Gotze back to bolster the 'dangers of being misused at Bayern, when you've got a good thing at BVB' pitch.

Ideally you guys get those two foreign kids and let Kloppo rebuild Mario's confidence for the NT.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Mentioned this in the MLS thread, but the latest rumors see Zlatan going to MLS (LA Galaxy) with PSG signing Griezmann to replace him, fee is 70-80 million

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Honestly I think Torres would fit the best. The way he's able to switch the play and find those serious deep ball threats is what we need if Gundogan is gone. Would also help with losing Mats just a bit. I just think our club is a perfect fit for him.

Gündogan's injury jeopardizes his departure. Zero chance that he would pass a medical before the transfer window closes. Would City buy him anyway? Would he move in the winter if he got healthy, or next summer? Dortmund would have to buy a midfielder anyway if he isn't healthy. Or maybe Mkhitaryan will spend more time in the middle with Dembele in the mix? Castro has also been very good the past month or so. I think they should retool the midfield, but center back has to be a bigger priority for their spending.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Atleti are after Espinoza...not sure why considering they have better options but I guess it doesn't hurt to get as many as you can get your hands on.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
PSG indeed after Griezmann. Too bad they didn't listen to me two years ago :D

Guardiola apparently wants Kanté.

Abou Diaby wants to stay at Marseille. No kidding man? You're being paid and you've played a grand total of 3 pieces of games this year. :laugh:

Mar 1, 2002
Tottenham will hand Mauricio Pochettino a £60million summer transfer budget after the Argentine signed his bumper new contract. Pochettino, who is targeting energetic players under 27, will prioritise a new striker to compete with first choice Harry Kane. Marseille striker Michy Batshuayi, 22, is a prime target.

Pochettino also wants a versatile winger. Mainz’s Turkish £10m-rated attacking midfielder Yunus Malli, 24, is on the manager’s list.

Ryan Mason, who is a target for Bournemouth, Nabil Bentaleb and Nacer Chadli could all leave.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...war-chest-strengthen-squad.html#ixzz48WlXqPdS

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
For what it's worth, even as a DC United supporter, I would be ok with it. Zlatan is a player who the league could use desperately.

If he'll only consent to going there, or they're the ones who will pay him, so be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->