Transfer: 2016 Summer Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Las Provincias is reporting that Valencia would be willing to sell Mustafi for €25M due to their lack of European play and need to reduce their budget.

I think Man Utd should also take a look at Varane.

I'd like to see the fee if that happened. €100M?

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
If I had to guess, Zlatan would be going to Man Utd.

I think Man Utd should also take a look at Varane.

I think Zlatan may be going to LAFC (not the Galaxy) and would be going short term to Manu until the team starts play in MLS

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Las Provincias is reporting that Valencia would be willing to sell Mustafi for €25M due to their lack of European play and need to reduce their budget.

For that price a lot of teams should be running. I would think it would be wise especially for Liverpool, but I think they may be happy to go into the season with Matip-Lovren backed up by Joe Gomez and resign Kolo on a one year deal as a stopgap.

McOilbleeder

We are all Kloppites
Aug 5, 2006
Oil Country
For that price a lot of teams should be running. I would think it would be wise especially for Liverpool, but I think they may be happy to go into the season with Matip-Lovren backed up by Joe Gomez and resign Kolo on a one year deal as a stopgap.

I'm not sure about that. If Sakho's suspension is a 1 year+, I could see us getting a more solid replacement. We wanted to go into next season with Sakho, Lovren and Matip as our top-3, I doubt we'd settle for Kolo if Sakho's suspension is lengthy.

I think we'll try compete in all fronts next season.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
If Liverpool reach CL or EL they will for sure sign another CB if Sakho will miss most of the season. I think both Skrtel and Kolo will leave this summer so maybe even two new

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011

Plaza Deportiva (apparently the more reliable Valencia paper) also says RB Leipzig is interested in Mustafi for those of you wondering if they would be willing to put spend a lot of money in their first year. Not sure about Liverpool.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
If Liverpool reach CL or EL they will for sure sign another CB if Sakho will miss most of the season. I think both Skrtel and Kolo will leave this summer so maybe even two new

I just think they will use Gomez as 3rd CB.

They have to upgrade at a lot of other positions and may not want to allocate assets into another CB who is likely to be no better than 3rd choice.

Wisdom can do a job too as 4th/5th choice. I think they give Toure another year, and if it's not working out, they reassess in January

Last edited:

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Plaza Deportiva (apparently the more reliable Valencia paper) also says RB Leipzig is interested in Mustafi for those of you wondering if they would be willing to put spend a lot of money in their first year. Not sure about Liverpool.

He's leaving because of lack of European football...why would he go to Leipzig? Also how can they shell out that kind of $$$. They just made it in the top flight no?

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Mustafi wouldn't be third choice. He's better than Matip.

Both are better than Lovren imo. Mustafi's defensive work is actually world class; imo he's not as good with the ball as Matip or a number of other CBs.

I would love him as a Subotic/Sokratis replacement on Dortmund but I think the impetus in buildup would have to come from someone else. Of course he could easily see improvement in his passing under Tuchel just as Bender did.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
He's leaving because of lack of European football...why would he go to Leipzig? Also how can they shell out that kind of $$$. They just made it in the top flight no?

It said that Valencia is willing to sell him because they have a lower budget due to the lack of European football, not that that's motivating Mustafi (although I imagine it does). Leipzig has the Red Bull money. I imagine they're very interested in him but he's not interested in them this year.

Cucumber

The best
Feb 7, 2014
What about man utd? Shaw-Mustafi-Smalling-Darmian with De gea is sexy.

Jones-blind as back up cb and I think Rojo is gone with Mourinho.

If we get Mourinho what happens to mata?

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Mustafi wouldn't be third choice. He's better than Matip.

I understand that, but what I am saying is Liverpool need to make upgrades at other positions, so after signing Matip, they may not want to spend a premium on another CB. It all depends on Liverpool's asset management. I wouldn't hate it. Mustafi might be their best CB if he came, but they may need to upgrade elsewhere before putting more money at a CB.

I also think the fact that Lovren probably is not going to the Euros means Klopp can get a whole preseason to develop the Lovren-Matip partnership which certainly will appeal to him.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
PSG indeed after Griezmann. Too bad they didn't listen to me two years ago :D

Guardiola apparently wants Kanté.

Abou Diaby wants to stay at Marseille. No kidding man? You're being paid and you've played a grand total of 3 pieces of games this year. :laugh:

He has to be the most injury-prone player who's still active across sports, I swear. He's played 64 league games this decade. That's ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad