2016 Summer Transfer Discussion Part V - Deadline Edition

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I don't understand how this is possible when the manager said he couldn't afford the 25M euro price tag and only offered 20. Now they're going 5M over the asking price?

Because at least one person is lying.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I was thinking u23.... I'm sure there a few players who could be argued. Everyone's new favourite toy Dembele for one. Either way paco is not in the running and will not ever be.

Hell I prefer Mina's talent to his.

Not everyone's new favorite toy. MY new favorite toy! So **** off! Unless of course you're willing to trade me Messi, in which case how is your day going? Lovely weather we're having, no?

For the record, if Paco comes close to be going as good as Dybala I'll take on a SEPH avatar for a whole year.

Dabest

Nov 22, 2015
I don't understand how this is possible when the manager said he couldn't afford the 25M euro price tag and only offered 20. Now they're going 5M over the asking price?

Maybe they really want son

Can't blame em

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
L'Equipe is suggesting that Sevilla could sign Nasri before the window closes.

I find it actually hilarious for some reason. Such an odd move if it happens.

I like how a lot of people were complaining about Pep pushing out Hart but it turns out that only the likes of Torino and Sunderland are interested.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Liverpool round up:

Joyce -

Balotelli to Nice
Luis Alberto to Lazio
Wisdom to RB Salzburg

Pearce -

Liverpool say NO to Loan of Ings to Sunderland.
Sakho says NO to Loan to Stoke

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Liverpool round up:

Joyce -

Balotelli to Nice
Luis Alberto to Lazio
Wisdom to RB Salzburg

Pearce -

Liverpool say NO to Loan of Ings to Sunderland.
Sakho says NO to Loan to Stoke
And most importantly and quite surprising in my opinion... They won't sign anymore player.... that should give them a negative transfer spent... Klopp is making a Wenger of himself.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
And most importantly and quite surprising in my opinion... They won't sign anymore player.... that should give them a negative transfer spent... Klopp is making a Wenger of himself.

:facepalm: Smart clubs already finished buying a while ago before the prices went up. You should be happy your club isn't looking to make a signing in the last two days of the window.

Klopp obviously rates Moreno more highly than the vast majority of Liverpool fans so we'll see. I agree from the Liverpool matches I've watched that some of the criticism is harsh.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Some of the deals are going to be crazy over these few days.

Wouldn't be surprised to see someone try and buy Berrardi.

Hart to Torino is an interesting move to say the least.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany

Klopp so far has always been a head coach, not a Premier-League-type manager. Coaches tend to get a say in what teams do over here, but there's a higher instance making the calls on transfers. (It really is rather antiquated to have a coach handle transfers.) If Liverpool got him to handle transfers, that was always a guess as to whether he could learn. In reality, there probably is the transfer committee in place, where Klopp is just one voice, but one that can't be the one to scout the players, negotiate deals, and so on.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I like how a lot of people were complaining about Pep pushing out Hart but it turns out that only the likes of Torino and Sunderland are interested.

If you push him out with a few weeks left, it'll be hard for him to find somewhere to play. Most teams are almost done with their transfer business.

If he knew he didn't like Hart, he should've told him to go in May or June.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Not as highly touted as he used to be anymore. He's got a nice skillset but he plays like he doesn't care. Not a player who will step up in tough moments.

Some more Belgian transfer news:

- Sven Kums has left Gent and signed at Watford.. who will loan him to Udinese for 1 year. Seems weird for a 28 year old. He was voted Player of the Year in Belgium in 2015.

- Anderlecht have sold strikers Sylla (to QPR) and Okaka (to Watford)

- Anderlecht have also broken the Belgian transfer fee record with their signing of Steaua midfielder Nicolae Stanciu for €9.8m

Didn't see that coming, do Anderlecht have any established strikers/scorers left? Seems that unless they're buying someone they'll be relying on couple of 20 year-olds, who barely have scored a dozen goals between themselves.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
If you push him out with a few weeks left, it'll be hard for him to find somewhere to play. Most teams are almost done with their transfer business.

If he knew he didn't like Hart, he should've told him to go in May or June.

If Hart is really that good and an improvement over the average keeper, better clubs than Torino should have been jumping on the chance to sign him, whether they had a set goalkeeper situation or no.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
If Hart is really that good and an improvement over the average keeper, better clubs than Torino should have been jumping on the chance to sign him, whether they had a set goalkeeper situation or no.

Why would teams disrupt their rhythm and chemistry once the season has already started for anything other than an immense upgrade?

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Didn't see that coming, do Anderlecht have any established strikers/scorers left? Seems that unless they're buying someone they'll be relying on couple of 20 year-olds, who barely have scored a dozen goals between themselves.

They've just agreed a deal to sell their striker, Idrissa Sylla to QPR too.

Also, soft rumours of Jack Wilshere to Juve on loan...

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris

Teodorczyk and Kabasele. Don't know why they needed to sell both Sylla and Okaka.

They might play Hanni as a false nine, but still is a dumb move. They need depth for Europe. They loaned out Iseka too. They'll make a move in the next few days or promote from the youth teams, Vancamp perhaps.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Some of the deals are going to be crazy over these few days.

Wouldn't be surprised to see someone try and buy Berrardi.

Hart to Torino is an interesting move to say the least.

Don't think he's moving. Juve wantede to activate a buy back clause earlier in the summer for him, but he decided to stay one more season at Sassuolo. I think he's gone next summer for sure. Hopefully back to Juve.

They've just agreed a deal to sell their striker, Idrissa Sylla to QPR too.

Also, soft rumours of Jack Wilshere to Juve on loan...

Please ****ing NO! :rant:

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
don't do this man... now I know that you just don't like Alcacer.
Paco is the best forward in Valencia AINEC... Dybala is a better player but wow are you underrating Alcacer.

He only had 6 more goals last season and Paco was injured quite a bit last season... I mean, it seems like if you were comparing Messi with Agirretxe

Your comparing to different leagues. Also it's not just about goals Dybala is basically a trequartista as well a 9.

I like Paco and even with him on board Barca are favorites for a treble winning season. Love the signing. However, the 2 are not comparable at all, it would be like comparing Neymar with Morata.

Paco is better than Mina right now but Mina's talent level I think is higher. He's just 2 and a half years younger. At the end I think he'll be slightly better. JMO.

Not everyone's new favorite toy. MY new favorite toy! So **** off! Unless of course you're willing to trade me Messi, in which case how is your day going? Lovely weather we're having, no?

For the record, if Paco comes close to be going as good as Dybala I'll take on a SEPH avatar for a whole year.

Not a chance and no worries. He won't ever be...like ever. Puyol lives on.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00