2016 Summer Transfer Discussion Part V - Deadline Edition

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Fabregas for Brozović gaining traction.

Panic mode might be on for PSG. Big rumor about Draxler moving for 75M€.

Looks like Marcos Alonso is heading to Chelsea for £23M.

I would've thought for that price they would get a better player. Alonso is good, but nothing special. I would have given Baba another chance instead.

Wow. Some crazy rumors all of a sudden. Can't believe Alonso would cost that much, but I guess if Fiorentina aren't selling otherwise... I wonder if Cesc agrees that move. I would think he might reject it.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
If Arsenal sign Sturridge, I think they win the title.

The title of what? Man games lost? We should be already near the top with Ramsey being out like two to three weeks, Mertesacker for months, and Gabriel until Christmas. Getting him would be like Diaby 2.0.

I would let Sturridge go for Lacazette money. £40M
No team, not even the ones in China would pay this much for him. Just complete lunacy for a dude that's made out of the remains of soapstone

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Alcacer to Barça is apparently all but official. It's been delayed 24 hours on Valencia's end. Deal should be for 30 million euros plus another 2 million in variables. Player will sign a 5 year deal at 2 million per year with a 90 million buyout clause. I'm not a fan of the deal at that sort of fee.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I wonder if Cesc agrees that move. I would think he might reject it.

I don't think it was ever intended to be a straight swap. Brozovic to Chelsea and then speculation on Fabregas moving somewhere in an unrelated move. I don't think Fab moves.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Alcacer to Barça is apparently all but official. It's been delayed 24 hours on Valencia's end. Deal should be for 30 million euros plus another 2 million in variables. Player will sign a 5 year deal at 2 million per year with a 90 million buyout clause. I'm not a fan of the deal at that sort of fee.
That's a lot for the current Alcacer, but the guy is going to be damn good. Surprised that Valencia decided to sell him, was his contract running out? They could get at least 15 million more once he shows the world how good he can be, in the next few seasons or so.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
The title of what? Man games lost? We should be already near the top with Ramsey being out like two to three weeks, Mertesacker for months, and Gabriel until Christmas. Getting him would be like Diaby 2.0.

No team, not even the ones in China would pay this much for him. Just complete lunacy for a dude that's made out of the remains of soapstone

I really think for Liverpool to get fair return on Sturridge they would need to do like a trade American style or something.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
He wanted to leave, Valencia need to balance the books. That's why he sold.

I like the move. Nice stop gap until Dybala makes his swim across.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I don't think it was ever intended to be a straight swap. Brozovic to Chelsea and then speculation on Fabregas moving somewhere in an unrelated move. I don't think Fab moves.

Yeah, those rarely happen. Anyway, I figured Cesc is happy in London, though the prospect of being a rotational player might get him thinking otherwise.

That's a lot for the current Alcacer, but the guy is going to be damn good. Surprised that Valencia decided to sell him, was his contract running out? They could get at least 15 million more once he shows the world how good he can be, in the next few seasons or so.

I like the player and I'm fine with some of the buys this Summer, but that's just more spent on another backup. Convincing players to come in and not be guaranteed a starting spot is of course a factor, but with about 120 million gross spend I'd have opted for less players and more quality. For what was paid for Alcacer, Gomes and Cillessen we could have had Mkhitaryan and Dembele with money left over.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Yeah, those rarely happen. Anyway, I figured Cesc is happy in London, though the prospect of being a rotational player might get him thinking otherwise.

I could see him moving, but January could be more realistic if he isn't playing by then, and it would have to be a big club that is either Champions League or a likely Champions League club like Chelsea. While Inter has a bright looking future at the moment, I don't think that move suits Fabregas at the moment. Although it would make them a very dangerous team.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Dembele and the Rennes owner were both pretty dead set on the move to BVB...at least at this point in Demebele's development.

And Dybala should just go to Buffon's favorite club, that way he can learn from a GOAT like Raffael. *nods*

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I really think for Liverpool to get fair return on Sturridge they would need to do like a trade American style or something.
I think it's the same ideology about Kris Letang in hockey, the dude was great when he played, but was just constantly injured that no team would ever give up the amount that he was worth when he was actually healthy...which was for a couple of weeks at maximum. Sturridge in respects to Letang, is the same way IMO.

He wanted to leave, Valencia need to balance the books. That's why he sold.

I like the move. Nice stop gap until Dybala makes his swim across.
Dybala is better, but Alcacer is not far behind. I actually see no reason why Barca would want to buy Alcacer as a stop gap until Dybala is ready to replace Messi, especially since both strikers are not that far apart. What will happen is that Alcacer will develop into a world class striker, while Real Madrid's core ages which they go out and spend 80-90 million in buying Dybala. Then all the Barca fans will laugh when all they had to do is spend 30 million Euros five years ago on Paco who's a similarly talented player.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
As Evilo says Dybala has a paco in each leg. Or as les habs says Dybala pisses on paco.

Really, there's no comparison Paulo is ahead and shoulders better now and the gap isn't closing. Might be even going to get bigger.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
As Evilo says Dybala has a paco in each leg. Or as les habs says Dybala pisses on paco.

Really, there's no comparison Paulo is ahead and shoulders better now and the gap isn't closing. Might be even going to get bigger.

Not even close of being accurate, I never argued who's the better player, but man you're underselling Paco clearly.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Aulas said today that he rejceted an offer from West Ham for Lacazette of more than 50M€.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Not even close of being accurate, I never argued who's the better player, but man you're underselling Paco clearly.

I like him and think it's a great buy... Although an over payment. You're comparing a superstar player to a solid one. Paco isn't going to be one that ever drives an offence while Dybala has already been doing it for years.

After Neymar, Dybala is probably the best young player there is.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
With Brozovic heading to Chelsea I would've thought Oscar would be on the way out and not Fabregas.

Oscar has been fantastic so far and actually fits Conte's system. Fabregas has been great in limited minutes, but doesn't fit with Conte. I don't see either of them leaving.

Brozovic and Oscar are our only CM's that allow us to go from 4-3-3 to 4-2-4 seamlessly.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I like him and think it's a great buy... Although an over payment. You're comparing a superstar player to a solid one. Paco isn't going to be one that ever drives an offence while Dybala has already been doing it for years.

After Neymar, Dybala is probably the best young player there is.

That might be overselling it a bit depending on your criteria of young, but Dybala is definitely one of the best out there and will continue to be.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I was thinking u23.... I'm sure there a few players who could be argued. Everyone's new favourite toy Dembele for one. Either way paco is not in the running and will not ever be.

Hell I prefer Mina's talent to his.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
I was thinking u23.... I'm sure there a few players who could be argued. Everyone's new favourite toy Dembele for one. Either way paco is not in the running and will not ever be.

Hell I prefer Mina's talent to his.

don't do this man... now I know that you just don't like Alcacer.
Paco is the best forward in Valencia AINEC... Dybala is a better player but wow are you underrating Alcacer.

He only had 6 more goals last season and Paco was injured quite a bit last season... I mean, it seems like if you were comparing Messi with Agirretxe

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad