[table="head;width=800]RANK|PREV|CHNG|NAME|POS|TEAM|DRAFT|VOTES

1|1|-| Mikko Rantanen|RW|San Antonio (AHL)|#10 overall 2015|108 votes, 95.37%|

[/table]

Added AJ Greer

Last edited:

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Got to go Bigras over Jost here, NHL readiness being the deciding factor. As far as future NHL impact, I think Jost will eventually win that, but he needs to be taken slowly. Bigras is so NHL ready at this point I hardly see him as a prospect anymore. I love me a quiet, cerebral defender, and that's exactly what this D core needs. He'll be an anchor in the top four for years to come.

returnofthemack29

Feb 20, 2015
Bigras is close for me, but I gotta go with Jost. Has the talent and drive to be a complete 2-way 1C captain. Not a lot of those around.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
Jost- kid is going to be special. Wanted to pick him at 1 but just couldn't with the season Rantanen just had.

Add Morrison

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Jost is the 2nd best prospect. Don't really care about NHL readiness in a vote like this. Jost simply has the higher ceiling over Bigras so an easy decision for me.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I love everything about Bigras but I have to go with Jost here. Being closer to the NHL doesn't matter to me in a top prospects pool. I'm going based on who I believe has more potential. Yeah, Jost is also the shiny new toy.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I feel like I'm going to be on the lower end of the priority on NHL readiness scale as it is especially when some AHLers are going to get voted in higher than I would place them but in the case with Bigras it does matter. He was a NHLer for half the season and a top 4 D is pretty valuable. That doesn't take away at all that I do believe Jost has a very high ceiling, he would be next on my list, he's just further from hitting it. I expect him to do a lot of developing in the next year.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Then there is no way you should have Compher+Greer ahead of Meloche

I stand by what I said last thread. At the end of the day this type of a ranking is based entirely off people's subjective views, as well.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Meloche's absolute ceiling is a top pairing D, that's better than a good 3rd liner, maybe a good tweener. He probably won't be that but I don't think Compher is going to be a top 6 forward either.

Mr Serious

Jul 23, 2011
I like Jost a lot but Bigras closer to contributing is a big factor here and I really like his game, he has more to show at the NHL level too.

I'm down with adding Beaudin.

Literally everything TV said above.

I like Jost a lot, but Bigras has already shown great promise at the NHL level.

AvalancheFan19

May 3, 2009
Jost and Bigras are close. Put me in the camp of thinking there is something very special about Jost. Bigras will be a great as well, super excited we have them and Rants.

In terms of high end prospects, like a top 5. Where do we stand in the league? Top 10?

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
Compher's absolute ceiling is just as high. He certainly has the skill, IQ and compete to be a 60+ point top liner.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Compher's absolute ceiling is just as high. He certainly has the skill, IQ and compete to be a 60+ point top liner.

I like my comparison of Gallagher, 40 points in 53 games this year, and 47 in 82 last year.

I could easily see a similar progression for Compher if hes on the wing. I'm not sure we'll see a 50-60 point player as a center, but what do I know.

If anything, we all should know not to discount guys like O'Reilly and Compher when it comes to offensive potential.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad