2016 QMJHL Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

scoutsrus13

Jun 6, 2016
You are giving scouts very little credit and putting way too much emphasis on an impact that a coach can have to who a junior team will draft. Does not work that way. Also having dealt with Eric over the last few years I know that he would and has done as much as possible to promote his own players as well as give an honest assesement of players from other teams if asked. I do think that the players who were drafted or in one case signed as a free agent from his team this year were the correct ones. i do not think there was anyone missed from his team.

Well you are very good friend for defending his decision's, however you either you are a coach and do what you need to promote all of your players without being bias, or you are a agent/ family advisor pick one.

The LSL lions Karl his brother was a agent for Valenno , as soon as a storm brewed the player was brought down to the 3rd line, where I hate to say this but the player was incapable of performing and his true talents showed. If you are a exceptional player when you are placed in any line you make the line better , he did not. Yes he was drafted as a exceptional player , after how much controversy going back and forth, so again my opinion is that he should of not been drafted as a exceptional player because his true colors showed when placed onto a 3rd line. In the Q they need to show that they have made a good decision , they play him smartly against certain teams and have him surrounded by good players. Lets take this away and lets see what a player can do. Again it is a business 1st I am sure that a player can improve in situations like this, however what would he had done as a 2nd ear in MAAA,. Look at the bigger picture , the push was and they knew family and all if he did not get drafted then everyone would of caught up and he would of not look that good , and that's the truth they did what was needed this is all I am going to say
And my point is things are done in background , where situations are out into play due to whatever business decisions were made or favours

Last edited:

qc2nf

Jan 7, 2013
Well you are very good friend for defending his decision's, however you either you are a coach and do what you need to promote all of your players without being bias, or you are a agent/ family advisor pick one.

The LSL lions Karl his brother was a agent for Valenno , as soon as a storm brewed the player was brought down to the 3rd line, where I hate to say this but the player was incapable of performing and his true talents showed. If you are a exceptional player when you are placed in any line you make the line better , he did not. Yes he was drafted as a exceptional player , after how much controversy going back and forth, so again my opinion is that he should of not been drafted as a exceptional player because his true colors showed when placed onto a 3rd line. In the Q they need to show that they have made a good decision , they play him smartly against certain teams and have him surrounded by good players. Lets take this away and lets see what a player can do. Again it is a business 1st I am sure that a player can improve in situations like this, however what would he had done as a 2nd ear in MAAA,. Look at the bigger picture , the push was and they knew family and all if he did not get drafted then everyone would of caught up and he would of not look that good , and that's the truth they did what was needed this is all I am going to say
And my point is things are done in background , where situations are out into play due to whatever business decisions were made or favours

I am going to be honest and show my lack of intelligence I guess but I have no idea what you are saying. i understand from your posts that the Lions only won because they had a good goalie and their captain played well, I am also hearing that junior players only pick who the agents want picked, Veleno should not have been picked first overall and the SeaDogs played him on the first line to prove a point of some kind. I hope I got that right and if not perhaps you can clarify. I also thank you for an entertaining 5 first posts.

AllInTheGame

Feb 24, 2015
When I spoke to the dad awhile back its was going to be the sons choice and they weren't pro anything.

Ok thank you for responding. I couldn't understand why no one was selecting him. I hope to see him play in Quebec because he is a formidable talent. Hopefully he does what is best for him and what he is most comfortable with.

I would of been over the top if we drafted Fortier too..but that would of probably been impossible. He looks like an awesome fit for Baie Comeau. He is the prototypical Drakkar player. Embodies their organization. I'd trade Mongo, Teasedale, Montembault, my grandma, joel bouchard, the whole rousseau sports complex and anything or anyone Baie Comeau would want in exchange for him. The kid is gritty, determined, fast, ferocious, fearless, smart and pound for pound is a beast. So skilled too. I am sure we have yet to see half of what Fortier could do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad