Avatars: 2016 Playoffs: Just Like Old Times starring your San Jose Sharks

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
I went with the snootiest sounding synonym for "noble" that I could find. according to dictionary.com, magisterial is on that list.

I took it as meaning "lordly" and of leadership quality.

I say, this artistic amalgamation of what superficially may be termed a myriad of divergent concepts has been executed to a superlative extent.

Thanks, Nem! :handclap:

Billy-D_Approves.gif

Sharksfan83

Jul 27, 2010
Thanks Nem! Your time is much appreciated.

I'm with the one guy that makes or breaks our run imo. Hopefully he hits a home run.. 4x4 times.

Limekiller

May 16, 2010
SF Bay Area
I went with the snootiest sounding synonym for "noble" that I could find. according to dictionary.com, magisterial is on that list.

Hmmm.... August, maybe? Patrician? Eminent? Sorry, my mom was an English teacher, so I tend to get OCD about minor language quibbles... :laugh:

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Hmmm.... August, maybe? Patrician? Eminent? Sorry, my mom was an English teacher, so I tend to get OCD about minor language quibbles... :laugh:

If it's good enough for Ray Hudson to describe amazing soccer goals, it's good enough to describe the profound nobility and grace of the mighty weasel. :P

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Might have to retire the "failoffs" avatar I've rocked for a couple years! Martin Jones is calling me name

I'll always have a soft spot for all of our "lol, we suck at playoffs" avatars. It says a lot that we had at least 3 or 4 different variations on that theme :D

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I always look at that one and think his head is too small, but the guy in the original image has a similar sized head. The zoot suit is just that oversized :laugh:

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Good job Nemesis!

There's a few others that I'm thinking about having, but I got the DeBoer one up for 24 hours. Just to make all my friends on the Devils forum laugh, they're gonna think I lost an avatar bet again, like last playoffs!:laugh:

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Great job as always Nem! Just a question, will you be doing bandwagon ones like in the past, or can I steal the VlaÅ¡ić one?

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad