GDT: 2016 PLAYOFF PUSH|'The Fight' to be Formidable Playoffs Foes|Pittsburgh Penguins

Status
Not open for further replies.

hagelin1381

Mar 27, 2016
Orlando, FL
who would you guys want to see in the playoffs first round? personally, I'd like to see the Pens play the Panthers but it looks like we're gonna be playing the rags again

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Two more wins and Detroit can not catch us.

I don't think we have to worry about those outside catching us. The Islanders can and are keeping pace. Detroit would be displacing, Boston.

One win and I'd say the playoffs are a lock and that's all that matters.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
who would you guys want to see in the playoffs first round? personally, I'd like to see the Pens play the Panthers but it looks like we're gonna be playing the rags again

At this point, I don't have a favorite matchup or who they should face first. I think they can go against anyone as is, and still have a fair chance to come out on top.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I think the Wildcards will be playing Washington or Tampa. I'd prefer to not play either of those teams without Geno. And I'd rather play NYR than NYI.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
With Detroit and Boston sucking, it looks like WSH-PHI is very likely. Philly can actually cause them trouble. If we could get a home ice vs NYR, I wouldn´t mind that scenario. Then a huge rivalry series for R2.

Also, Tampa is leading the division again after tonight´s Florida choke. Trocheck is a huge loss for FLA too. Tampa in the driving seat again. Rather play NY than Tampa.

RR1107

Mar 30, 2004
The Penguins are now 3rd overall in the East (8th overall in the NHL). Pretty epic considering they were out of the playoffs at Christmas time, when they stood 12th in the East and only 6 points ahead of Columbus for last overall in the league.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Yeah I think 7 of the 8 teams are largely set in stone and the last one will go to either Boston or Detroit. Washington-Philly and Pittsburgh-NYR seem pretty set in stone too. The only questions now IMO are who gets the last Atlantic spot and who wins the Atlantic. Baring some unforeseen collapse of the Pens or resurgence of the Islanders (probably both would be required), I can't see the Pittsburgh-NYR matchup not happening again.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I just don't think I want this team getting home ice. I know that sounds nuts, but I just think there is something about them starting on the road that would just make sense to what they are trying to accomplish.

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
As of today, the top three Metro teams would be atop the Atlantic division. Could be four, with the Isles two points behind Tampa Bay with a game in hand.

Why again did they change the playoff format?

Under the old rules (assuming two division winners), we'd be looking at a home matchup against Florida instead of a road matchup against NYR.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
I just don't think I want this team getting home ice. I know that sounds nuts, but I just think there is something about them starting on the road that would just make sense to what they are trying to accomplish.
Depends on the matchups, too. For example, playing the Islanders at home is much more comfortable than playing them on the road. Hard to say about the Rangers, this team is capable of beating them at MSG, vulnerable against them at home. So yeah..

Also, PIT-NYR looks likely but it is not set in the stone yet. If NYI beats us at home, then it is pretty much a 50-50 thing.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve

That revenue would go towards Phil's snacks. Do you want him getting lower quality food or not enough to feel loved? Because that's how you get an unhappy and neglected Phil Kessel.

What they need is for home and away not to matter, that's what they really need.

barbosa

Mar 21, 2016
Pittsburgh
I don't care how well we're playing, the idea of facing hank in a 7 game series without our second best forward scares the living hell out of me.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I still think the Pens finish in WC1.

NYR - CAR, BUF, CBJ, TB, NYI, DET

NYI - CBJ, PIT, TB, WSH, NYR, BUF, PHI

PIT - NSH, NYI, PHIL, OTT, WSH, PHI

April 2nd looms large

Last edited:

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I don't care how well we're playing, the idea of facing hank in a 7 game series without our second best forward scares the living hell out of me.

I'd rather face Hank than have our D try to deal with the Isles big forwards. They seem to give us fits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad