2016 NLWC: New York Mets vs San Francisco Giants

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
The Mets postgame just said Grandson's catch was in the 6th inning to save a run and the game, in 2006 Endy's catch was in the 6th inning to save a hr. Molina hit his hr in the top of the 9th and Giliaspie hr was also hit in the top of the 9th. We're just so cursed. You can't make this up. The parallels are uncanny.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I love how Bumgarner got destroyed by San Diego like a week ago after he was staked to a 6 effin run lead. Can this guy once throw a stinker in the playoffs.

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
The Mets postgame just said Grandson's catch was in the 6th inning to save a run and the game, in 2006 Endy's catch was in the 6th inning to save a hr. Molina hit his hr in the top of the 9th and Giliaspie hr was also hit in the top of the 9th. We're just so cursed. You can't make this up. The parallels are uncanny.
Cubs fan here. Lol. Born after 69?

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
The Mets in the offseason need to put together a lineup that can beat lefty pitching. We can't even score against mediocre lefties.

well there is this and something I have been saying for a while now. they don't manufacture runs at all. they live and die by the homerun. they are a big swing and miss team.
the game played out tonight how I thought it would until the 9th. Thor did his job. Unfortunately for the Mets, Bumgarner was beasting tonight. When he is on like that you just hope to get to extras 0-0 at worst.
I am not mad about tonight. disappointed yes. Mad nope. They got to the WC game devastated by injuries all around. they had a good year.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
First thing I thought of when Granderson caught it was the Chavez catch. Ten years already.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Fun game to watch. Reminded me of Verlander going against the A's back to back years. Mets stood no chance.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
First thing I thought of when Granderson caught it was the Chavez catch. Ten years already.

Granderson's was nowhere near as tough or great as Endy's was. Also the Mets immediately threatened in the next inning in 2006 with bases loaded 1 out and couldn't get a run in. This time they never really threatened after that. I would be interested to see if Lagares makes that catch. I have to think that he does, but you never know because sometimes guys don't read it well off the bat

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
MadBum doing MadBum things. So pumped, you know what happened last time we entered as a Wild Card...

But Mets also got killed by injuries so I'm gonna stay humble.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon

I'll never forget how pissed I was when Chavez robbed Rolen and then how happy/shocked I was when Molina homered. And back then Molina was a black hole at the plate.

Freakin So Taguchi hit a huge GW HR in Game 2 of that series too. It was just meant to be for them that year. :laugh:

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I'll never forget how pissed I was when Chavez robbed Rolen and then how happy/shocked I was when Molina homered. And back then Molina was a black hole at the plate.

Freakin So Taguchi hit a huge GW HR in Game 2 of that series too. It was just meant to be for them that year. :laugh:

The Mets lost that series in Game 2. St. Louis probably does not come back from 2-0. I don't know if the Mets beat Detroit though, they had trouble hitting lefties that year and Detroit had 2 lefty starters. I can remember thinking they were the 1 team I did not want to see come out of the AL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad