2016 NLWC: New York Mets vs San Francisco Giants

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
****, I wanted to see the Mets come out of the NL again.

Guess I'll bring this out again:

tumblr_nkyztzZk011rnjfjfo1_r1_400.gif

Feel like an idiot for betting against MadBum.
There must have been a glitch when my vote was cast. :sarcasm:

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Bumgarner is just a machine. Really is unreal. It's bad enough the Mets had to face him and it's even worse when you factor in how lefty heavy they are.

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
Great game. Bumgarner's stamina is just legendary. Can't think of a single pitcher I would rather have in a big game. Just amazing to be able to watch him.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
This home plate umpire is something.

Bumgarner is just a machine. Really is unreal. It's bad enough the Mets had to face him and it's even worse when you factor in how lefty heavy they are.

Mets were still one batter away from winning though. Everyone in the world knew if Gillespie didn't reach they were walking the next guy and the Giants were one out away from their disaster pen coming in. That thing would have ended in the bottom half of the inning

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
The Mets in the offseason need to put together a lineup that can beat lefty pitching. We can't even score against mediocre lefties.

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
That's the downside to consistently throwing 98/99.

No doubt. I'm just saying it is hard to say Syndergaard was the better pitcher. Bumgarner's endurance is part of what makes him so special.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
The Mets in the offseason need to put together a lineup that can beat lefty pitching. We can't even score against mediocre lefties.

Yeah really true. I didn't even think Bumgarner had his best stuff tonight either

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Against an offense that was missing like 6 starters, and the idiot manager wouldn't sit any of the lefties.

Well you stated Syndergaard was better, which wasnt true. There isnt going to be an * next to this game saying the Mets were without Wright, Walker, and Flores or that Terry Collins was the manger. Bumgarner was better than Syndergaard tonight.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
No doubt. I'm just saying it is hard to say Syndergaard was the better pitcher. Bumgarner's endurance is part of what makes him so special.

PB from Rangers board posted a twitter link. Apparently Noah threw 42 pitches 98+... tonight. That's more than 2 teams all year. Indians and Phillies.

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
Thor was awesome tonight. Between tonight and his world series game 3 performance there is no doubt he is a big game pitcher our team should be confident in when it matters the most.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Thor was awesome tonight. Between tonight and his world series game 3 performance there is no doubt he is a big game pitcher our team should be confident in when it matters the most.

That deGrom fellow ain't too bad either. He made 3 great starts last postseason before 1 subpar one in WS.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

That was the Endy Chavez play of this postseason. Figures the Mets lost THAT game too on a ninth inning bomb from a bottom of the order hitter.

But the Mets always pull this, overrated closers blowing it and doing the walk of shame out of their own building. 2000, 2006, 2007, 2008, last year, tonight. Every Met season that's mattered in the 21st century has ended tail between our legs at home.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
The 21 pitches in the first 3 innings MadBum can't be forgotten.

He's probably out after 7 if he throws a normal amount of pitches in the first 3 innings.

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
That deGrom fellow ain't too bad either. He made 3 great starts last postseason before 1 subpar one in WS.

I agree, but he wasn't available this year :laugh: But going forward it's awesome having a couple of big game pitchers. I hope to god our pitching can stay healthy next year. I just want 1 championship. I just can't take it anymore. I think I've suffered enough.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00