GDT: 2016 NHL Trade Deadline - February 29th, 3PM EST

joelnmich

Jan 2, 2007
Goodbye to the best name in hockey and "Kevin"

Conditional 2d becomes a 1st if Dallas makes the WCF and Russell plays in 50% of 1st and 2d Round games?

Ouch.

Last edited:

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Pierre LeBrun @Real_ESPNLeBrun
Stars front office thinking now about perhaps taking another run at Hamhuis... tick tock

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
John Shannon @JSportsnet
Can confirm the Stars have made one last ditch effort to acquire Dan Hamhuis.

#NHLTrade

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Kind of wish we nabbed Hamhuis at the end. Not sure if Russell will cut it.

Seems like Benning overplayed his hand ( which wasn't that good with the NTC and all ) . Waited way too long to get anything serious going it seems.

Indianation65

Oct 14, 2014
Currently, North Tex
With luck Russell helps on the PK, and Jokipakka has a good career with great play, except when he plays Dallas.

We must remember Dallas is still in first place, and how likely was it that the greatness of the first 2 months of hockey would continue steamrolling all season? Dallas is still in first, which means all the other teams are also finding ways to lose games as well.

I don't want to be a pessimist. The top-notch goalie and D-man did not find Dallas before the trade deadline. How likely was that to happen? If Russell can help, that's a bonus. Nill knows more than we do. I think it's Nill talking on 1310 right now.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Nill just compared Russel to Robidas. Russel doesn't appear to have his toughness, though, from the spare moments I watched him.

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Realistically we weren't getting Hamuis with our 1st out of action.

Benning likely wanted Honka. Im glad a deal didn't play out if that the case.

So is this us now?

Benn-Seguin-Sharp
Janmark-Spezza-Hemsky
Roussell-Eakin-Nichushkin
Scevior - Faksa - Fiddler

Eaves the next in line

Goligoski-Klingberg
Demers-Oduya
Russell - Nemeth

Benn/Oleksiak the call ups

?

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
^ That looks about right. Russell - Nemeth could be a pretty good shut-down pair. Certainly the best option on the bottom pair we've had all season.

Forwards will probably continue to be mixed up. I think Nichushkin's earned a position in the top 6 for the time being, though.

Benn - Seguin - Nichushkin
Sharp - Spezza - Hemsky
Roussel - Eakin - Janmark
Sceviour - Faksa - Eaves
Fiddler
(do anything to get rid of Moen, for the love of god)

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I'm gonna be upset if Moen plays in any important games the rest of this season.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Yeah, in the last week or so, Nuke looked like he was playing hard enough to not get traded. He was probably the best player in the NYR game for us.

Lots of breakaways via his skating, lots of steals, and even a goal for once! Two goals in two games, both with rising shots. Always said he had to learn to lift the puck. On the breakaway where he was stoned, even that one he flipped it up a bit. Still a few turnovers, I still don't think his hands are as good as his skates.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Aren't the roster limits lifted after the deadline? If so we could just keep him on the roster regardless of what happens and just not play him.

Oh, I hadn't thought of that. I think you're right.

Wonder if Ritchie and Lindell have a chance of being called up if the Baby Stars get knocked out and we make a deep run. Probably won't play, but I think it'd be beneficial to just be with and travel with the team.

Paulinvancouver

Gas station in Carbondale did not have fresh yams!
Dec 19, 2015
Curious what Nill's version of Canucks dealings for hamhuis were. Is there a link to his press conference? Couldn't find anything. Thx.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Oh, I hadn't thought of that. I think you're right.

Wonder if Ritchie and Lindell have a chance of being called up if the Baby Stars get knocked out and we make a deep run. Probably won't play, but I think it'd be beneficial to just be with and travel with the team.

Depending who we play, McKenzie or Ritchie could be called up for some size

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad