GDT: 2016 NHL Trade Deadline - February 29th, 3PM EST

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
The idea of a Brodin would be sweet, and fit with Nill's stated goal of trading for players in the low to mid 20's. If the Wild would take Nuke and a first, maybe even add a Shore or whatever, I think Nill would do it.

Haimus will be fine. Find my self wondering if Alex slides one pair down, of it they keep Oduya on the second set left side and use Alex as one of the best third pair D ever? That might shore up the third pair that eats minuses for breakfast.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Brodin - Klingberg
Lindell - Honka
Backman/Nemeth - Johns
Backman/Nemeth

yes pls

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland

This decision is so ****ing simple.

Kris Russell could help the Texas Stars but no chance does he improve the Dallas Stars.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Funny thing is Russel smaller than our entire blueline. Our blueline already is not very big do we need or want to add a guy thats smaller than Goose ?

Last edited:

Ub the Bub

Feb 9, 2010
Well, I'm just gonna choose to trust Nill. Trading for Demers seemed like a weird move at the time, but it turned out much better than anyone expected. Maybe Nill sees something in Russell that most people overlook... But I do think there are better targets to focus on.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Agree on no Russell, yes to Haimus. Of course, Nil tends to surprise whenever he trades, other than Spezza, which was pretty well telegraphed by JS turning down a NSH trade.

Who knows, maybe Chara or some other top D rental. Would be nice to have one, if only for two months!

serp

Jan 17, 2016
If Moen is still on the roster post deadline i'm gonna be very sad. Unless we clean up the 8 D and he becomes forward #14 and never sees the ice again then i'm just mildly sad.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
If Moen is still on the roster post deadline i'm gonna be very sad. Unless we clean up the 8 D and he becomes forward #14 and never sees the ice again then i'm just mildly sad.

He's still on IR, he's not going to be traded. All that's left to do is wait until he comes off and hope he gets waived then.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
Russell is also too small. We need a bigger body for sure. I would be REALLY surprised if he lands here.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Seems like most Stars TDL trades come in right at the deadline, often reported after the deadline has closed, so it may still happen.

But, makes for an unproductive day at work.....

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
Don't see us doing anything, for the price and who's available it's not worth it. Maybe a small depth move

I will be disappointed if we don't upgrade our D...even an upgrade on the 3rd pairing is fine...just do something to help us get out of the 1st Round, Nill.

joelnmich

Jan 2, 2007
Hainsey interest anyone here. He's big and used to be steady but I'm headed into a meeting and can't look anything recent up on him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad