GDT: 2016 NHL Entry Draft - NHLN - 7AM

PeakMcOil

Loyal To The Oil
Jul 25, 2008
I think chychrun will be a number 1 dman, good trade and excellent pick. See you in the wcf hopefully.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
This migt be part of the education process we're paying for with a new GM. But they must've had him high. Considering some of the names we were hoping would fall to 20, it's not so bad. It looks better if you ignore that we only moved up 4 spots, and instead concentrate on who we ended up with.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
Chychrun at 16 is great, I liked Keller thought 7 was a bit high for him. But overall a great first round.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
This migt be part of the education process we're paying for with a new GM. But they must've had him high. Considering some of the names we were hoping would fall to 20, it's not so bad. It looks better if you ignore that we only moved up 4 spots, and instead concentrate on who we ended up with.

He listened to his scouts. I have no problem with this pick and I think his shoulder injury kind of upset his play this year. hbk does not like his hockey IQ

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Chychrun at 16 is great, I liked Keller thought 7 was a bit high for him. But overall a great first round.

I thought for sure we would take Brown, but a few other teams passed on him before he was selected. They compared Keller to Kane. I'm a little worried about our forward size as we go forward.

Last edited:

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
He listened to his scouts. I have no problem with this pick and I think his shoulder injury kind of upset his play this year. hbk does not like his hockey IQ

At 16 you got a top 4/5 D. At 7 I wanted top someone who can play a top 3 role. He needs to improve hockey sense. No question.hes easily our best D prospect today, warts and all.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
At 16 you got a top 4/5 D. At 7 I wanted top someone who can play a top 3 role. He needs to improve hockey sense. No question.hes easily our best D prospect today, warts and all.

I think he has shot at top two, but 2nd. pairing for sure.

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
Called my buddy with the organization, he told me that the Coyotes wanted to take Max Jones with 20 OA, but he knew they were high on Chychrun. Said anybody would be crazy to choose Jones over Chychrun, and Chychrun falling past 15 OA wasn't even considered to happen.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003

There's usually a reason when they slide on draft day, and shoulder injuries are scary.

Goombha

Raging Ryan
Aug 27, 2013
They desperately need D, and they got a top-10 pick and a solid forward to boot. Great draft.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Some very good wingers available in the early 2nd round.

Debrincat
Sokolov
Mascherin
Laberge
Kyrou

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Not excited, but fine with our picks. Don't like the asset management in moving up, but Chychurn at 16 is better than Chychurn at 7.

Neither Keller nor Chychrun will be NHL-ready for a few seasons, so we'll have to wait it out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad