cut.jpg

Draft%20Pick_Rounds%20Graphic_20160620.jpg

Day 1 Stream

Candidates @ 7th Overall

Join the HF Coyotes chat room here

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I really hope we don't do anything dumb. I am excited to see if we do any major trades though. With the Hamilton hanzal and shatty rumors big stuff could happen.

indczn

May 28, 2008
Same as prior years, I'll be hanging out in the IRC channel most of the day, definitely for the draft itself.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
I really hope we don't do anything dumb. I am excited to see if we do any major trades though. With the Hamilton hanzal and shatty rumors big stuff could happen.
stepping away from Shatty is a good sign that they're not compromising the future.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
stepping away from Shatty is a good sign that they're not compromising the future.

Trades involving this year's picks I wouldn't really care about too much, as long we don't ship away any of our key prospects. If brown is still there at 7 though I think I'd rather take him than have Dougie.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX

I think it just came down to him not wanting to sign, and wanting to play in the east. There was never any point to trading for him without an extension.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Trades involving this year's picks I wouldn't really care about too much, as long we don't ship away any of our key prospects. If brown is still there at 7 though I think I'd rather take him than have Dougie.

Not me. I'm going from being not particularly attached to our draft picks to being outright hostile toward them. Unload all of these ******* picks today, please. Get them out of my sight. I don't want them.

Keep all the prospects, though. I don't want any of them traded.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014

I am all in favor of stepping away from Shatty. A big trade off of assets should be next year, not this year. It should be what pushes us deep into the playoffs, not just into the playoffs.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Not me. I'm going from being not particularly attached to our draft picks to being outright hostile toward them. Unload all of these ******* picks today, please. Get them out of my sight. I don't want them.

Keep all the prospects, though. I don't want any of them traded.

I'm there with the caveat that I like brown at 7, if none of him pld or tkachuk drop though I'd ship it out. Maybe 20 too if one of the top dmen we want isn't there. It would be amazing if we could trade 7 for Hamilton, get 16 for dats and use that on Jones, then grab one of the dmen preferably fabbro or mcavoy at 20.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I'm there with the caveat that I like brown at 7, if none of him pld or tkachuk drop though I'd ship it out. Maybe 20 too if one of the top dmen we want isn't there. It would be amazing if we could trade 7 for Hamilton, get 16 for dats and use that on Jones, then grab one of the dmen preferably fabbro or mcavoy at 20.

I don't think that will happen. In the natural order of things the Coyotes tend to get screwed. Would be nice, though.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I am all in favor of stepping away from Shatty. A big trade off of assets should be next year, not this year. It should be what pushes us deep into the playoffs, not just into the playoffs.

You and I have both agreed that we should wait another year. I want to see what we have before we start to unload prospects. Haste makes waste.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Reading all the mock drafts it seems that no one has a clue who the Coyotes are targeting at #7.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
My honest hope is that we move back and get either Chychrun or Sergachev. May not be the most polished players, but in three years, we wont have to worry if they have NHL ready bodies.

Looking forward to what happens

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
My honest hope is that we move back and get either Chychrun or Sergachev. May not be the most polished players, but in three years, we wont have to worry if they have NHL ready bodies.

Looking forward to what happens
Gone back and forth for a month now between those two, Brown and Nylander if Dubois and Thackuk are gone which they will be. Hours before the draft start my gut is telling me Chychrun as my final answer at 7. Or move back to around 12 or 13 and take who's left of Juolevi, Sergachev.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Brown or Bust.

Some rumors floating around that Columbus is looking C and if they find no takers in a trade back, they may pull the trigger on Logan Brown.

Not saying it happens, and rumors are rumors. But if that happens and Pulu is available at #4, that could turn the whole tide of things for several teams. Edmonton now becomes much more likely to find a team to move down with.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00