GDT: 2016 NHL Entry Draft: It's Here! Draft Day! 7pm ET\4pm PT

Status
Not open for further replies.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Dmen and goalies would seem to me to be a really good idea
They take longer to develop so the sooner we get them into the organization the better you would think especially with all the young forward talent we have ready to take the next step

I like the idea of taking Gustavsson with one of 30-31 and then snagging Parsons with one of our 3rds or 4ths (if we were lucky)

1 North American and 1 Euro goalie developing, improves the odds.

Bernier the Boats

Formerly BBurke
Aug 31, 2011
2 of Dineen, Fox, Clague, Girard at 30/31 would be awesome.

I hope we don't draft a goalie. Rather just trade for one.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I like the idea of taking Gustavsson with one of 30-31 and then snagging Parsons with one of our 3rds or 4ths (if we were lucky)

1 North American and 1 Euro goalie developing, improves the odds.

With the amount of picks we have that would seem a pretty sensible course of action
I'd like to get Mete as well but he falls in the 40s most likely
Bozak might bring us a pick in that range

#1 Mathews
#30 Gustavsson
#31 Johanson
#45 Mete

I would be happy with a top of the draft that looked like that

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
would love to trade up for kunin
also what about tyler benson at 30/31, seems like that could be a potential home run

67Cup

Sep 16, 2005
A hypothetical but not impossible question here:

Imagine the Leafs keep picks 30 and 31. When they reach that point in the draft, the top two left on their list are DeBrincat and Abramov. A couple of defensemen, a big winger and a goalie are close behind.

Do you take both DeBrincat and Abramov, neither of them, or both?

Your call...

Last edited:

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land

Imagine the Leafs keep picks 30 and 31. When they reach that point in the draft, the top two left on their list are DeBrincat and Abramov. A couple of defenseman, a big winger and a goalie are close behind.

Your call...

I would imagine they would pick off of their list. So if that is the two forwards, then I guess it's them.

If it's me, then Abramov and a D-man would be who I'd go for.

ILoveDraftDay

Feb 14, 2009
You guys are really forgetting about *insert name of prospect previously discussed to a great extent*. I think he'll be a real sleeper.

Ding ding ding haha. The only things being forgotten are previous discussions, not potential draft picks. I love the draft but I can't wait to get this over with and move on to what we know we have.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
So glad Burke is gone. Janie Devane. Tyler Biggs -- traded a first and second for him. The list goes on.

Kenny Ryan
Jesse Blacker
Jamie Devane
Eric Knodel
Barron Smith
Brad Ross
Petter Granberg
Sam Carrick
Tyler Biggs
David Broll
Ryan Rupert

Man...thank god Burkie infused the organization with so much size, toughness and pugnacity. It's making quite the impact :shakehead

timlap

Jun 19, 2002

Imagine the Leafs keep picks 30 and 31. When they reach that point in the draft, the top two left on their list are DeBrincat and Abramov. A couple of defensemen, a big winger and a goalie are close behind.

Your call...

Samuel Girard is tops for me of players likely to be there, so I would take him first. If he's gone, I have absolutely no problem taking Abramov (for sure) and Debrincat (a reasonably good second choice, though I would probably have others rated at least as high).

timlap

Jun 19, 2002
Kenny Ryan
Jesse Blacker
Jamie Devane
Eric Knodel
Barron Smith
Brad Ross
Petter Granberg
Sam Carrick
Tyler Biggs
David Broll
Ryan Rupert

Man...thank god Burkie infused the organization with so much size, toughness and pugnacity. It's making quite the impact :shakehead

Meh... every GM could be charged with a list of draft picks that didn't work out.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
would love to trade up for kunin
also what about tyler benson at 30/31, seems like that could be a potential home run
Benson or Katchouk are who I want to end day 1 on. I think Katchouk is safer, but if Benson is healthy (and this season is a one off) I think long term he is the perfect player for a Matthews-Marner line. He's a good passer, high IQ, can score in close and is willing to grind. Exactly the type of guy who has excelled on the Dvorak/Marner line in London.

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
I know we're a bit rich up front, but I'm quite interested in Clayton Keller. He does look like a top line to me. Someone who may even emulate Patrick Kane and would form an explosive pair with Nylander.

Mathews - Marner
Keller - Nylander

Rielly - RHD
Gardiner - Zaitsev

#1 Goalie

Excellent.

Obviously we'd need to somehow acquire another top 10-20 pick.

Northernguy10

May 26, 2013
Timmins Ontario
I like Jordan Kyrou at 30/31 even though his offensive stats weren't good this past year. I liked him a lot in the under 18's. He has good talent in my opinion and a great work ethic. I see him as a bloomer next season offensively. At the other 30/31 pick I'm fine with a myriad of possibilities but slightly leaning toward any one of Dineen/ Clague/ Girard. Possibly a trade later of picks 57 and 62 for a late 30's/ early 40's pick and grab Mete or Lindgren.

Leafs1993

Jan 25, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Which goalie would you like to see drafted by the Leafs?

CARTER HART
Everett (WHL)

EVAN FITZPATRICK
Sherbrooke (QMJHL)

TYLER PARSONS
London (OHL)

FILIP GUSTAVSSON
Lulea Jr. (Sweden Jr.)

OR other? (Please specify)

Visnovsky

Aug 20, 2010
Finland
Still really hoping we trade up to grab McAvoy. We're also going to need a crop of good defensive d-men, which would fit the bill with Ryan Lindgren. Not a big reach at 30/31, which ever we have left if we trade up. I'd prefer him over guys like Dineen/Johansen/Girard.

Evan Fitzpatrick would be awesome in the second round, but he's probably gone at Washington's pick - and it might also be used as a part of a trade up.

If we wanna use a pick for a small offensive d-man, pick Mete at 62. Sambrook would also be a nice pick in the fourth round, along with Greenway.

Tim Wahlgren would be a Bergman-type of pick in the fourth/fifth round, if he lasts there. We should, IMO, try to pick up a left winger with a little size in the later rounds, since that's also a position of weakness. Mikhail Maltsev perhaps? Luke Coleman? Travis Barron?

Colton Point is a goalie that should be worth a look, huge frame and athletic for his size. Had a great post season.

Kristians Rubins could be a good pick up, but from what I've understood, he's has some health issues, which makes me doubt if he's worth the gamble.

Last edited:

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
CARTER HART
Everett (WHL)

EVAN FITZPATRICK
Sherbrooke (QMJHL)

TYLER PARSONS
London (OHL)

FILIP GUSTAVSSON
Lulea Jr. (Sweden Jr.)

OR other? (Please specify)

It's been tough to really distinguish which one truly stands out among the rest. I keep switching back and forth with Gustavsson or Hart.

I think I like Hart's package more and I keep asking myself, what if he grows an inch or two? His size might not be a concern then plus he's got a great foundation of goalie skills. He's got some good potential.

RyanOhReally

Jan 21, 2015
Georgetown, ON
I like Jordan Kyrou at 30/31 even though his offensive stats weren't good this past year. I liked him a lot in the under 18's. He has good talent in my opinion and a great work ethic. I see him as a bloomer next season offensively. At the other 30/31 pick I'm fine with a myriad of possibilities but slightly leaning toward any one of Dineen/ Clague/ Girard. Possibly a trade later of picks 57 and 62 for a late 30's/ early 40's pick and grab Mete or Lindgren.

Id rather Bitten or Mascherin at 30.

I get the feeling that Kyrou is going to fall quite a bit

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Honestly I'd be pretty happy if the Leafs could use one of those 30/31 picks for Hart. I do think we need other options immediately for goal. But getting a nice goaltending prospect to slowly grow through the system would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad