2016 NHL Entry Draft Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Best case scenario is Pittsburgh finishes with the last WC spot in the East, around 16/17 in league wide standings, and gets eliminated in the first 2 rounds in the playoffs. Would lead to the Pens pick being 15th overall for the Leafs

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
From General Fanager.

7/1/2015:

To Pittsburgh:
Phil Kessel, Tyler Biggs, Tim Erixon, 2016 PIT 2*

To Toronto:
Kasperi Kapanen, Nick Spaling, Scott Harrington, 2016 PIT 1*, 2016 NJD 3

Conditions:
*If Pittsburgh qualifies for the 2016 postseason, Toronto will receive 2016 PIT 1 and the Penguins will receive 2016 PIT 2.

*Should Pittsburgh miss the 2016 playoffs, Toronto will INSTEAD receive 2017 PIT 1; and Pittsburgh will receive 2017 TOR 2

*If the Penguins were to miss the postseason the next two years, Toronto would receive 2017 PIT 2 and Pittsburgh would not receive a draft pick.

91Stammer*

Feb 11, 2014
Leafland/Richland
The best case Scenario for me would be that Pittsburgh misses playoffs in both seasons we get 2 high 2nd rounders and they have a player who can't help that team win games. Don't you guys think that would be amazing? It sure will entertain me. So much for princess Sid and Malqueen and their Castle.

Jul 10, 2003
KW
Perhaps, though when it comes to the first overall there seems to be rarely a doubt as to who would go first.

The Leafs most reverb pick was at a spot where there really wasn't much separating Hanifin/Marner/Stelme. If they had the #2 pick I can guarantee you Hunter would have selected Eichel, even though he's not afraid of making picks that challenge conventional wisdom.

The gap between Eichel and Hanifin, Strome and Marner appears to be much more significant than Matthews and Chychrun though. If Chychrun is projected to be in the Doughty/Hedman stratosphere then there may be a discussion to be had. It's too early to say Matthews is a lock for 1st, even though he is the heavy favourite at this point.

thehockeysong

Nov 1, 2009
The best case Scenario for me would be that Pittsburgh misses playoffs in both seasons we get 2 high 2nd rounders and they have a player who can't help that team win games. Don't you guys think that would be amazing? It sure will entertain me. So much for princess Sid and Malqueen and their Castle.

That wouldn't be amazing. No reason to cheer against Phil.

Edit: although it seems like you just hate everyone on that team haha. Good luck with that.

horner

May 22, 2007
Watched the Sudbury twice.
Levin eligible for the 2017 entry draft
The kid is going to be a stud.

horner

May 22, 2007
Thanks for posting the vids. Yeah he would certainly be a welcome addition, tough call between him and Pulju, will be an interesting storyline as the season progresses.

We are lacking a pure goal scorer and he is big.

What is his skating like.

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
Ok so I know this will sound over dramatic, but...

the results of this poll sicken me. Matthews is a generational talent, GENERATIONAL. He is McEichel level, why the **** would you trade him for the 2nd (or 3rd) best plus a dime a dozen prospect?

All 73 of you who voted for that option sicken me.

Now being less dramatic, anyone who would make that trade is hilariously out to lunch and thankfully the Leafs front office would never make such a dumb deal.

Ramboshaw

Apr 9, 2012
Meadow Lake, SK
Will be interesting to see where Alex DeBrincat ends up getting drafted.
If he puts up 65 goals or so but only at 5'7 where does a kid like that go?

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
lets say we get the 1st pick and draft matthews, how do we draft a high end d men?
or do we trade for a young up and coming one?

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
lets say we get the 1st pick and draft matthews, how do we draft a high end d men?

There a chychrun level Dmen every year, there are not Matthews level centres every year.

The day you start drafting based on need is the day you will regret for the next 15 years.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Will be interesting to see where Alex DeBrincat ends up getting drafted.
If he puts up 65 goals or so but only at 5'7 where does a kid like that go?

In Eastside Hockey Manager, he always goes 1st Overall.

Then again, Matthews goes like 22nd Overall, so it might not be the best judgment

:sarcasm: :sarcasm: :naughty:

Nah, but there's a kid who is going to be passed by, and whoever does draft him, is going to be rewarded greatly.

91Kadri91*

There a chychrun level Dmen every year, there are not Matthews level centres every year.

The day you start drafting based on need is the day you will regret for te next 15 years.

You obviously take Matthews if you have the first pick (as of today), but there is not a Chychrun level defenseman every year.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015

The day you start drafting based on need is the day you will regret for the next 15 years.

alright thats not what i was asking, im just saying how do we get another top end d men as in a literal question cause we need one, do we trade up or what? lol

Jul 10, 2003
KW

Use the Pens 1st rounder on a D. Then use whatever 2nd rounders we have on D men as well. Always some stud defenders to be found with late 1sts and in the 2nd round. Take enough swings eventually hit a home run.

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
alright thats not what i was asking, im just saying how do we get another top end d men as in a literal question cause we need one, do we trade up or what? lol

I see what you're saying but there is ways to get top Dmen later in the draft, it barely ever happens with forwards of Matthews caliber

Jul 10, 2003
KW
McEichel level forward >> Ekblad level dman

From what info I've read, it's more accurate to say that he's Eichel level and that might even be slightly generous, as many feel he would have gone 3rd if he were in the 2015 draft. And I think Chychrun is more of a Doughty type than Ekblad. To me, it the gap doesn't appear to be as big as you are suggesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad