2016 NHL Entry Draft Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

theIceWookie

#LeafHysteriaAlert
Dec 19, 2010
Canada
I amloving the crop of defenseman this year.

Obviously you have Chychrun.

Beyond him though you have:

Fabbro: getting rave reviews in the BCHL, has the size, puck moving skills and skating, committed to BU next year

Chad Krys: little undersized but has been impressive in the USHL, top 20 last year for D scoring in the USHL (and top 7 for PPG for dmen), also committed to BU

Kale Clague: Playing well on the Wheat Kings. though he has a strong team around him.

Charlie Mcavoy: Not tall, but very solid at 205, playing for...BU (surprise haha). Was 4th in PPG last year for USHL dmen. He's a favorite of mine right now, skates well, sees the ice well, has a pretty dman good shot, he's been compared to John Carlson (though that was two years ago). Incredibly skilled as an offensive dmen. Almost reminds me of Mo Riles to be honest, except he's got a real slapper. He's got the vision and sense you want in a dmen.

Jake Bean: Already lighting it up for the Hitmen (11 points in 7 games), room to grow into his 6 foot 1 frame. Pretty raw, has a ton of offensive potential but needs to work on the defensive side of things, but he's got lots of time to do that. Plays with Sanheim and the two look very good.

Sam Girard: Small, like Tyler Ennis small, but super gifted offensively. Plays a puck possession game, and he's surprisngly good in his own end (not amazing but he's not going to burn you from what I've seen). Very good vision, strong passing game. Lacks a shot which hurts him but more than makes up for that with his passing.

Victor Mete: Another undersized dmen but a little bigger at 5 foot 10. His skating is absolutely superb though. I'm a fan.

Olli Juolevi: Big Finn, sometimes draws comparisons to Maata. Some Finnish posters claim he's ahead of where Maata was when he joined London. He does a little of everything and does it well. He'll make a top 15 push when it's all said and done.

Forgot about Sergechev too...ErnieLeafs can speak more to him than I though (and just posted about him!)

And Sean Day I guess, but he's not exactly making much noise right now.

Also watch out for Griffin Luce. Kind of raw, but I think he could surprise people near the end of the season, and we might look back and ask why he wasn't drafted earlier (right now he's definitely more of a later round selection)

Last edited:

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Willie's little brother Alex is now currently 2nd in OHL scoring with 5-7-12 points in his first 8 games in the CHL.

He is tied with top 5 prospect Matthew Tkachuk who also has 12 points to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce