Prospect Info: 2016 NHL Draft

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Rights to UFA's are almost worthless at best a 7th to 5th rounder is what you get . Not to mention i would think Goose is the guy the team would like to stick around.

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
I wouldn't say no to a 5th-7th round pick if we know we won't re-sign them (Goligoski/Demers, not sure anyone would trade for the rights to Russell).

masinaLFC

Apr 2, 2014
Banska Bystrica, SVK
Gauthier at 43 is interesting too.. bad 2nd half of the season but that is just stupid.. and I can understand Sergachev and Juolevi higher than Chychrun but not sure about the rest..

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
Gauthier at 43 is interesting too.. bad 2nd half of the season but that is just stupid.. and I can understand Sergachev and Juolevi higher than Chychrun but not sure about the rest..

I would be really, really happy to get Gauthier.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
I'm really liking this guy...Jake Bean.

He set the record for the most goals by a Defenseman in Franchise History (21 seasons) for the Calgary Hitmen with 24 goals. 64 points in 68 games this season...

Looks like he did this while playing behind fellow LD Travis Sanheim...even more impressive.

All of the Dman highlight reels these days resemble the highlight reels from the forward highlight reels haha, but the most of the scouting reports are saying that he is positionally sound and makes good decisions.

Last edited:

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011

He set the record for the most goals by a Defenseman in Franchise History (21 seasons) for the Calgary Hitmen with 24 goals. 64 points in 68 games this season...

Looks like he did this while playing behind fellow LD Travis Sanheim...even more impressive.

All of the Dman highlight reels these days resemble the highlight reels from the forward highlight reels haha, but the most of the scouting reports are saying that he is positionally sound and makes good decisions.

Every game I've seen with them live they had been playing Sanheim with Bean, but maybe that's just coincidence from when I've seen them play. Gauthier would definitely be worth a shot at 25 seems like a very boom or bust type player.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
Every game I've seen with them live they had been playing Sanheim with Bean, but maybe that's just coincidence from when I've seen them play. Gauthier would definitely be worth a shot at 25 seems like a very boom or bust type player.

How did Bean look defensively?

Gauthier is one of the guys I really want as well.

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas

They play together, with Sanheim on the right side. Bean might be a good player, but it's a little tricky to evaluate him because he's playing with the 4-5th best D prospect in the world. (Provorov, Werenski are the only guys who I think are clearly ahead).

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
They play together, with Sanheim on the right side. Bean might be a good player, but it's a little tricky to evaluate him because he's playing with the 4-5th best D prospect in the world. (Provorov, Werenski are the only guys who I think are clearly ahead).

I didn't realize they were paired together. That does muddy the water a little bit, especially when evaluating play in the D-Zone. No doubt the offensive tools are there...

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
At this point there is too many players I would be okay with at 25, I'd love to be able to move back in the draft and pickup another 2nd if possible in that deal.

Maybe if there is someone Toronto really wants at our spot they would move 30 or 31, and the 56th pick for our 25. Probably isn't worth it from their side.

Edit: maybe Calgary at 35 + 53/55 is more plausible?

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
I've decided we must draft Luke Kunin because he goes to Wisconsin. That is all.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
At this point there is too many players I would be okay with at 25, I'd love to be able to move back in the draft and pickup another 2nd if possible in that deal.

Maybe if there is someone Toronto really wants at our spot they would move 30 or 31, and the 56th pick for our 25. Probably isn't worth it from their side.

Edit: maybe Calgary at 35 + 53/55 is more plausible?

This draft is CRAZY deep...but I wouldn't trade down far, and obviously I wouldn't do it unless there were 3-4 A-List prospects still on the board when we pick at 25. Trading down has never worked well for us.

I would rather trade for an ADDITIONAL 1st Rounder or 2nd Round pick.

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
I'm not sure if I missed it, but normally there is lots of player interviews with the combine. Did anyone hear about who or how many players we interviewed?

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
I know Nill values Hockey IQ. Anybody stand out in that regard that might be around at #25?

Would love Robtsov, just don't think he'll be there.

I'd be happy with Rubstov as well.

As of now, Abramov is the guy that I have ranked the highest on my list, that has a high chance of being there at 25.

I have him in the top 10. True top-line, game-breaker potential is hard to find at 25...he is it.

He is an electrifying TALENT. He does things with the puck that only a few guys in this year's draft can do IMO. He has the ability to take it end-to-end with blazing speed, stickhandling, and a NHL-Level shot to finish.

If you look at what he's done in his first year playing in North America, it's pretty astounding. He had 20 more points than the next player on his Junior team this year. 32 points more than Yakov Trenin...2nd Rounder from last year.

Some advanced staties compared to other highly ranked forward in this draft:

Abramov:

Primary Points - 73
Even Strength Points/60 - 3.27
Even Strength Primary Points/60 - 2.73

Alexander Nylander:
(Playing on the same line with 2 other potential 1st Rounders in McLeod and Bastian)

Primary Points - 55
Even Strength Points/60 - 2.87
Even Strength Primary Points/60 - 2.06

Logan Brown:

Primary Points - 51
Even Strength Points/60 - 3.01
Even Strength Primary Points/60 - 2.01

Michael McLeod:

Primary Points - 45
Even Strength Points/60 - 2.56
Even Strength Primary Points/60 - 1.83

Pascal Laberge:

Primary Points - 50
Even Strength Points/60 - 2.59
Even Strength Primary Points/60 - 2.18

The advanced offensive stats support the eye test that this guy is insanely skilled and effective.

Not only that, but he scored 7G in 10 games in the playoffs this year (13 points), and his International Play with Russia last year at the U17s was impressive...13 Games, 9G, 12A, 21PTS.

I bet his stock would be higher had he played for Russia in the WJC U18s this year...fortunately for us, sitting at 25. I have a feeling he would have TORN IT UP on the larger sheet of ice the way he plays.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
Here's another guy I REALLY like...

Ryan Lindgren

Mobile, physical, big hitter, good decisions, blocks shots, intense, captain of U-18 Team USA, did well in the WJCs - 7gp, 2g, 3a....

I like that he throws a hip check!

Looks like a great possession player as well. Puck carrier with crisp passing.

People compare him to McDonaugh, which I do see, but I think he's a cross between Robidas and McDonaugh from the videos and scouting reports.

Diamond in the rough?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad