2016 NHL Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I'm really hoping we can add another first somehow - I don't know if we can do it directly through a trade, or trade for seconds and then package them to move up, but I would love to nab two of the guys that people are talking about - Dubois, Jones, Rubtsov, etc.

hystyk1921

Jun 17, 2015
south jersey
I'm really hoping we can add another first somehow - I don't know if we can do it directly through a trade, or trade for seconds and then package them to move up, but I would love to nab two of the guys that people are talking about - Dubois, Jones, Rubtsov, etc.

i agre! maybe b schenn might be worth a first. i think teams are starting to catch on to the draft priority
aka home grown prospects. ncaa free agency drake caggiula and stecher should be in flyer uniforms!

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
i agre! maybe b schenn might be worth a first. i think teams are starting to catch on to the draft priority
aka home grown prospects. ncaa free agency drake caggiula and stecher should be in flyer uniforms!

Huh?

Schenn is really under rated around here. Anyone drafted in the 15+ range you HOPE he can be a top 6 player. I easily keep the guaranteed one we already have in Schenn.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Get ready for every undersized defenseman to be compared to Gostisbehere. Damien Cox compared Samuel Girard (who I like) to him.

Also saw Logan Stanley (6'6 D from Windsor) get compared to Morin. They do have some similarities up until this point. Some say his skating is good, but the few times I saw him this year it looked a little rough.

Both guys are playing in the Top Prospects game Thursday.

hystyk1921

Jun 17, 2015
south jersey
Thankfully Schenn wont be traded for a 1st.

Huh?

Schenn is really under rated around here. Anyone drafted in the 15+ range you HOPE he can be a top 6 player. I easily keep the guaranteed one we already have in Schenn.

Trading Schenn for a first would be a backwards move

its a great move! he is a valuable asset for teams that are making the playoffs. how much does he make? 3.5mil to 4.0? how much money is he going to want next year? 5.0-6.0 giroux and jake each are at or around 8mil that is 16mil for two players. how are you going to afford ghost, sanheim, morin, provorov, friedman, myers, lindbolm, nak, radel, konency in the future? if guys like schenn, raffl, simmonds,read,coots cant produce 50pts a season they are gone in my book. cant win if they cant score goals or produce. jake and g cant do all of the work by themselves like last year. the younger generation of players are faster, and better rounded for this type of nhl.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
its a great move! he is a valuable asset for teams that are making the playoffs. how much does he make? 3.5mil to 4.0? how much money is he going to want next year? 5.0-6.0 giroux and jake each are at or around 8mil that is 16mil for two players. how are you going to afford ghost, sanheim, morin, provorov, friedman, myers, lindbolm, nak, radel, konency in the future? if guys like schenn, raffl, simmonds,read,coots cant produce 50pts a season they are gone in my book. cant win if they cant score goals or produce. jake and g cant do all of the work by themselves like last year. the younger generation of players are faster, and better rounded for this type of nhl.

So we should trade a productive 25 year old top 6 forward to draft someone that MIGHT make the team in 3 years and MIGHT produce like Schenn in 4-5 years?

50 points for middle 6 players is very rare now. Do you even pay attention to what is actually happening in the league?

He makes less than $3 million now and we should be able to re-sign him at no more than what Couturier makes, which is less than $4.5 million.

Nope. Not a smart move. We arent doing a tear down and rebuild. We are mid-build already.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
So we should trade a productive 25 year old top 6 forward to draft someone that MIGHT make the team in 3 years and MIGHT produce like Schenn in 4-5 years?

50 points for middle 6 players is very rare now. Do you even pay attention to what is actually happening in the league?

He makes less than $3 million now and we should be able to re-sign him at no more than what Couturier makes, which is less than $4.5 million.

Nope. Not a smart move. We arent doing a tear down and rebuild. We are mid-build already.

Yeh, a lot of people seem to think it is still 2005-07 and we have 30-35 players in the NHL at PPG... when actually scoring is back at DPE levels since the 2010-11 season...

3rd & 4th highest scoring wingers (pace) on Cup finalists in season:

2010-2011 until present:

Boston: Recchi (49pts) & Marchand (44pts)
Vancouver: Burrows (55pts) & Raymond (46pts)
Los Angeles: Carter (~55pts, as injured, going off next 2 yrs) & Gagne (40pts)
New Jersey: Clarkson (47pts) & Zubrus (44pts)
Chicago: Sharp (59pts) & Saad (48pts)
Boston: Lucic (48pts) & Horton (42pts)
Los Angeles: Williams (43pts) & Toffoli (38pts)
Rangers: Nash (49pts) & Kreider (46pts)
Chicago: Sharp (52pts) & Saad (52pts)
Tampa Bay: Callahan (58pts) & Killorn (44pts)

So:

Average 3rd winger: 51.5pts
Average 4th winger: 44.4pts

Half of the cup finalists in that time have not had either of their 2nd line wingers pace for 50 points in that time... and none have paced for over 60 in that time. And these are the best teams in the NHL!

Schenn is already the level of player where he could easily be the 4th best winger on a cup team...

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Yeh, a lot of people seem to think it is still 2005-07 and we have 30-35 players in the NHL at PPG... when actually scoring is back at DPE levels since the 2010-11 season...

3rd & 4th highest scoring wingers (pace) on Cup finalists in season:

2010-2011 until present:

Boston: Recchi (49pts) & Marchand (44pts)
Vancouver: Burrows (55pts) & Raymond (46pts)
Los Angeles: Carter (~55pts, as injured, going off next 2 yrs) & Gagne (40pts)
New Jersey: Clarkson (47pts) & Zubrus (44pts)
Chicago: Sharp (59pts) & Saad (48pts)
Boston: Lucic (48pts) & Horton (42pts)
Los Angeles: Williams (43pts) & Toffoli (38pts)
Rangers: Nash (49pts) & Kreider (46pts)
Chicago: Sharp (52pts) & Saad (52pts)
Tampa Bay: Callahan (58pts) & Killorn (44pts)

So:

Average 3rd winger: 51.5pts
Average 4th winger: 44.4pts

Half of the cup finalists in that time have not had either of their 2nd line wingers pace for 50 points in that time... and none have paced for over 60 in that time. And these are the best teams in the NHL!

Schenn is already the level of player where he could easily be the 4th best winger on a cup team...

Hopefully this silences the trade Schenn for a 1st rhetoric!

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

doc-rivers.gif

hystyk1921

Jun 17, 2015
south jersey
He wants to trade Coots and Simmer, too? :laugh:

Another one for the IL.

A lot of these people have been coming out of the woodwork lately..probably migrated from the Flyers facebook or Twitter feed.

Hopefully this silences the trade Schenn for a 1st rhetoric!

LOL rhetoric we have no idea what hextall wants to do with this team or any moves that he is willing to make! IF is the key word here, schenn at 4.5 million is a good deal. but he will want more its the nature of the beast. other teams in this league will want his services and are probably willing to pay more (see Sam Bradford) i have been on hear for at least 7 years just never posted or commented because its like a youtube comment section sometimes. simmonds contract is friendly and he has never been more valuable at this point in his career, that is why he recently generated BS trade rumors to MTL. Coots is a good deal i hope he can get his offense abilities going, and he has been playing well recently, would like to see more talent around him though.

Patrick Division

Jan 13, 2008
NJ
LOL rhetoric we have no idea what hextall wants to do with this team or any moves that he is willing to make! IF is the key word here, schenn at 4.5 million is a good deal. but he will want more its the nature of the beast. other teams in this league will want his services and are probably willing to pay more (see Sam Bradford) i have been on hear for at least 7 years just never posted or commented because its like a youtube comment section sometimes. simmonds contract is friendly and he has never been more valuable at this point in his career, that is why he recently generated BS trade rumors to MTL. Coots is a good deal i hope he can get his offense abilities going, and he has been playing well recently, would like to see more talent around him though.

Schenn is a RFA. Look up what that is and then look up the compensation we'd get for the dollar amounts you're throwing around. Then you'll know how much fail is in this and the previous post where you said "maybe b schenn might be worth a first."

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

So 7 years, and you have no idea what top 6 players put up for points, where Schenn's points will put him salary wise, of what he makes this year.

Schenn's 47 points last year would put him in the top 30 for either winger positions. So 45 points in now low end 1st line production. As Metallica would say, Sad But True. Are guys like Crouse send Meier ever going to be 50 point guys? Who knows. Yet they were top 15 picks.

Schenn is cost controlled and a RFA this summer and we have the chance to lock up a 25 year old for 5-8 years if we wish. Yet you think trading him for someone who MIGHT help us in 3-5 years is the better move. Sigh.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Laine got a hat-trick today.

I have a hard time imagining he is not going to be a 30 goal scorer in the NHL...

And that could happen in the first year or 2.

I will absolutely puke if Oilers get either Finn, I would rather they get Matthews.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad