2016 NHL Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Sean Day & Logan Brown both didn't make Team Canada's Ivan Hlinka roster. Jacob Chychrun didn't either but is currently out with an injury (which might be a problem in itself as he's been battling a lot of injuries since he entered the OHL).

http://stats.hockeycanada.ca/roster...on=235738&_ga=1.15812336.750450128.1387775770

Day continues to struggle living up to his pre-hype before entering the OHL. He's at 240+ lbs. now & still can skate like the wind though.

Last edited:

Roo Mad Bro

U havin a giggle m8?
Dec 6, 2010
PA
I'm going to guess there is a 98% chance they draft a forward this year with their 1st.

Hoping for a skilled forward who can score goals. Do it Hexy.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I would be fine with picking almost all forwards this draft. Find a diamond in the rough.

With us selling off our short signed dmen we should be adding more picks for the draft too.

And remember, we already have a 2nd and 6th added to our own picks. We also get AZ 4th but they don't have one yet. If they don't get one, we get a 3rd in 2017 instead. And that would add to the extra 3rd in 2017 for Rinaldo.

If we are sellers for another year, we can add lots more picks for the next 2 drafts.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
This looks like another deep draft with lots of top notch left wingers, an area of need for the Flyers system. Another mediocre year wouldn't be the worst thing especially if they can gain another 1st like this past year.

One guy that has me intrigued is Dmitri Sokolov. He listed as a center/left wing most places. If the Flyes are picking around the same spot as last year, he could be avialable. Will be interesting to see how he does in the CHL this year. I still think Russia is an area that could be exploited for top notch talent that other teams either are hesitant to draft or fear they can't bring over.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Matthew Tkachuk (it's Keith's son) is scoring at a GPG pace right now in the Lake Placid showcase.

He's a late birthday so good chance you might see him playing for USA at the WJC's this winter. He'll also be playing in the OHL with London so he'll probably put up some really good production with all their offensive firepower in the lineup.

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
Not playing in the Hlinka, but Jesse Puljujärvi from Finland is an absolute monster. He was a beast for the Finns in the WJC last year despite not registering a point.

Probably won't overtake Matthews for the #1 spot, but he's at least in the conversation.

See for yourself.

Last edited:

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
Not playing in the Hlinka, but Jesse Puljujärvi from Finland is an absolute monster. He was a beast for the Finns in the WJC last year despite not registering a point.

Probably won't overtake Matthews for the #1 spot, but he's at least in the conversation.
Indeed. Personally, I prefer him over Matthews, but that's just based on WJC viewings.

BackWithaVengeance

Jan 19, 2008
Germany
Matthew Tkachuk (it's Keith's son) is scoring at a GPG pace right now in the Lake Placid showcase.

He's a late birthday so good chance you might see him playing for USA at the WJC's this winter. He'll also be playing in the OHL with London so he'll probably put up some really good production with all their offensive firepower in the lineup.

If the Flyers can grab one of Matthew Tkachuck or Max Jones it would be nasty.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
If the Flyers can grab one of Matthew Tkachuck or Max Jones it would be nasty.

I like Max Jones, big skilled winger who plays with a very high mean streak. One of the two should get the opportunity to slot next to Dvorak & Marner this year in London.

In general there's a good amount of high profile non-Canadian draft eligible players playing in the CHL this year.

CodyTheHuman

Dec 31, 2014
California

See for yourself.

Damn, that kid can skate.

JayRosehillMVP

snubbed again
May 28, 2012
Philadelphia

See for yourself.

I see Kovy

BackWithaVengeance

Jan 19, 2008
Germany
I like Max Jones, big skilled winger who plays with a very high mean streak. One of the two should get the opportunity to slot next to Dvorak & Marner this year in London.

In general there's a good amount of high profile non-Canadian draft eligible players playing in the CHL this year.

In Hexy we trust and I mean, the Flyers always did well when it comes to C/W picks.

Whoever it is, I hope we use the upcoming draft, which is loaded with talented forwards, to solidify our strong prospect pool.

Two years from now I can see us battling for Divison and Conference titles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad