2016 NHL Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
LOL rhetoric we have no idea what hextall wants to do with this team or any moves that he is willing to make! IF is the key word here, schenn at 4.5 million is a good deal. but he will want more its the nature of the beast. other teams in this league will want his services and are probably willing to pay more (see Sam Bradford) i have been on hear for at least 7 years just never posted or commented because its like a youtube comment section sometimes. simmonds contract is friendly and he has never been more valuable at this point in his career, that is why he recently generated BS trade rumors to MTL. Coots is a good deal i hope he can get his offense abilities going, and he has been playing well recently, would like to see more talent around him though.

Do you know how Restricted Free Agency works?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
And that could happen in the first year or 2.

I will absolutely puke if Oilers get either Finn, I would rather they get Matthews.

Really good chance it happens unless McDavid puts the team on his back when he returns.

Thanks Brandon Manning.

Flyerss

Jun 23, 2013
I only needed to see Laine shoot the puck once to be sold on his shot.
It's ridiculous.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
LOL rhetoric we have no idea what hextall wants to do with this team or any moves that he is willing to make! IF is the key word here, schenn at 4.5 million is a good deal. but he will want more its the nature of the beast. other teams in this league will want his services and are probably willing to pay more (see Sam Bradford) i have been on hear for at least 7 years just never posted or commented because its like a youtube comment section sometimes.

He's a restricted free agent. What you are saying would be closer to the truth if he were an unrestricted free agent.

Flyers own his rights.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Restricted_free_agent#NHL

And this board is nothing like Youtube commentary.

hystyk1921

Jun 17, 2015
south jersey
Do you know how Restricted Free Agency works?

Schenn is a RFA. Look up what that is and then look up the compensation we'd get for the dollar amounts you're throwing around. Then you'll know how much fail is in this and the previous post where you said "maybe b schenn might be worth a first."

So 7 years, and you have no idea what top 6 players put up for points, where Schenn's points will put him salary wise, of what he makes this year.

Schenn's 47 points last year would put him in the top 30 for either winger positions. So 45 points in now low end 1st line production. As Metallica would say, Sad But True. Are guys like Crouse send Meier ever going to be 50 point guys? Who knows. Yet they were top 15 picks.

Schenn is cost controlled and a RFA this summer and we have the chance to lock up a 25 year old for 5-8 years if we wish. Yet you think trading him for someone who MIGHT help us in 3-5 years is the better move. Sigh.

yes! i do. konecny could have played on this team now if they had space for him. 3-5 years ok sure for maybe a college prospect like marody, but konecny, provorov no if they were drafted by other teams Colorado or Columbus they would have been in the lineup from the start. myers could make this team next year. i guess hockey players get better when they are 30 something or older LMAO. i dont know why everyone has a love affair with schenn, LA was willing to move him for a few pieces and won two cups. philly had high hopes for this kid they haven't won ****. period! there are games that he looks great and others that he disappears in. maybe its his line mates? who knows 5-8 years at 4.5mil not a bad deal. but if he doesn't meet the teams expectations. two years into his contract he could become another macdonald and umberger thats what i fear!!

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
Settle down, facebook1921.

It would probably be better to have B.Schenn sign a bridge deal towards UFA years. Something like 3-4 years at 3.5-4m per.

No one has a love affair with him (quite the contrary here, historically), but even someone like myself who has been a critic of Schenn has seen him step up his game. The consistency has gotten better (not cured, but better). I think more importantly, he's playing well with Couts.

He's putting up points, making some solid plays here and there. He also has been a reasonable addition to the PP.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Schenn should be signed to a fair deal, AND THEN, when we have prospects ready to replace him, you move him then.

We are 2 years away from needing to move him.

hystyk1921

Jun 17, 2015
south jersey
Settle down, facebook1921.

It would probably be better to have B.Schenn sign a bridge deal towards UFA years. Something like 3-4 years at 3.5-4m per.

No one has a love affair with him (quite the contrary here, historically), but even someone like myself who has been a critic of Schenn has seen him step up his game. The consistency has gotten better (not cured, but better). I think more importantly, he's playing well with Couts.

He's putting up points, making some solid plays here and there. He also has been a reasonable addition to the PP.

lol facebook you guys crack me up, i dont dislike him either he has been playing well since hakstol juggled the lines.

Schenn should be signed to a fair deal, AND THEN, when we have prospects ready to replace him, you move him then.

We are 2 years away from needing to move him.

ok i will agree with that.

hystyk1921

Jun 17, 2015
south jersey
It's cute when people who don't watch hockey try to talk about hockey.

lol how old are? i am 30 i have been playing hockey since i was 10, i would rather play ice and roller hockey then watch it. but i watch any team, any conference when i can. I am not a flyers fan, i am fan of the game. i have no alliance to a team. i post in the philly forum because all of my friends are flyers fans so i get info for them. i come on here to make a suggestion and i get my head bitten off... typical philly fans. no wonder you dont win any championships..at any sports LMAO on that note i am out!! peace!

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
lol how old are? i am 30 i have been playing hockey since i was 10, i would rather play ice and roller hockey then watch it. but i watch any team, any conference when i can. I am not a flyers fan, i am fan of the game. i have no alliance to a team. i post in the philly forum because all of my friends are flyers fans so i get info for them. i come on here to make a suggestion and i get my head bitten off... typical philly fans. no wonder you dont win any championships..at any sports LMAO on that note i am out!! peace!

Logical logic is logical.

Because the subjective opinion on the characteristics of a fan base has so much to do with the franchises ability to win championships.

Also, punctuation is your friend.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Running through the draft a few times and messing around with where guys could possibly go I am pretty convinced that even if our 2nd rounder is say ~#45 there are going to be some really, really high ceiling players available around there...

But it does make me hope upon hope even more that we can accrue a late 1st to go with our own...

Kunin
Asplund
Brown
Bitten
Dube
Abramov
Dahlen
Steel
DeBrincat

and a few more are clear top 6 ceiling players who will almost certainly all be there (maybe 2-3 gone) at around #25 overall. And that is assuming someone like Jost or Jones does not somehow fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad