Prospect Info: 2016 NHL Draft Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
I would happy with Bellows. He's a goal scorer and that's what we need. Sure centers are much more in demand, but we need players that bury the biscuit and Bellow can.

thethinglonger

Castron & Crew
Dec 1, 2014
New Jersey
Not sure if I should post this here, but we missed out on the 1st overall selection by one ping pong ball.

The winning combo for Toronto was "6-8-5-13"

A winning combo for us would have been "6-8-11-13"

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Not sure if I should post this here, but we missed out on the 1st overall selection by one ping pong ball.

Close is good in horseshoes and hand-grenades, but not in NHL Lottery

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey

tumblr_m73b75C7Et1rpq7m2o1_r2_500.gif

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Close is good in horseshoes and hand-grenades, but not in NHL Lottery

If only we had Lou's Special Sauce....I'm sure that was the difference.

David Blitzer: "This team has stood for excellence and we don't want to fiddle with excellence."

"I was joking with Lou the other day, he's got some special sauce."
"I would like to think that Lou would stay with this team for as long as he would like."

Didn't check the expiration date on that damn sauce.

Scorcho

Twitter @AmateurAdult11
Apr 16, 2010
Space
maybe a 2nd and some okay prospect? thats what i'd think

OR. they want defense so bad, just throw in jon merrill and a 2nd/3rd

jon merrill to edm is a no go for the tousandth time, they have about 50 LHD on their depth chart

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Little blip on RW Wade Allison, late rising prospect in this year's draft. Maybe a consideration for us if he's there in round 3: http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/prospect-need-to-know-wade-allison-is-burning-up-the-draft-charts/

Wade Allison, RW – Tri-City Storm (USHL): Tri-City is battling Waterloo in the second round of the playoffs after sweeping away Sioux Falls and Allison has done his part on the balanced Storm with four points through five games. This is following a sizzling second half for the right winger, who has climbed the draft rankings after a quiet start.

“I was battling small injuries, but I got those out of the way,” Allison said. “A lot has to do with confidence.”

And when Allison is confident, he’s hard to stop. A small-town Manitoba farm boy, Allison grew up around cattle and crops and strength is a big part of his game now.

“I’m a power forward,” he said. “I take the puck to the net and take the body. I try to make the other team’s ‘D’ not want to go back to get the puck.”

A Western Michigan commit, Allison is a nice coup for the Broncos and he’ll head off to Kalamazoo for 2016-17, where the allure of playing for coach Andy Murray was a big factor. The right winger has a lot of great traits in his game, but he’s not satisfied yet.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

Eh I'm sure everyone can point to one ball with the way the combinations worked. Some teams might have had the 2-4 numbers and missed on the first. At least seven other teams had a chance going into the last number iirc, I'm sure the other six like us missed on one of the other three.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Agreed. If Merrill is traded this off-season, I would say Detroit.

I have heard that Edmonton likes Severson a lot.

Why?

They've essentially have the same problem as Edmonton with an excess of LHD.

Buffalo, Colorado, and Winnipeg are basically the only teams that seem to need LHD, although Winnipeg has a few highly touted prospects on that side. Phoenix might be interested in defense as well. Even then, I don't see his value as being high enough to make sense to trade him.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I have no interest in trading up, I mean if Shero really loves a guy I trust his judgment but I'd really prefer to stand pat. We can't afford to be giving up assets we don't need to.

Devilswede

Dec 10, 2006
Yeah, BPA is always the way to go. But how do you determine who the BPA is if Keller, Brown, Jošt, Bellows are all available when we pick?!

It's hard.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
No its not. I did a project proposal in front of 12 people for 30 minutes last month and not a single person knew I had one in my mouth.

If only I could get Göteborgs here in the US.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
Yeah, BPA is always the way to go. But how do you determine who the BPA is if Keller, Brown, Jošt, Bellows are all available when we pick?!

It's hard.

Any insight to the organization 's thinking regarding the draft? Targets? Trade up? Trade back? Too early?
Thanks!

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
I might be in the minority but I have little to no interest in RNH. Sure, he's a former overall #1 and can be considered a top6 center. But, the dude is soft and I don't see him fitting in here. Chiarelli could keep Draisaitl at LW and Nuge as the C but RNH is likely on the block...and for a reason.

Not that it would happen but I would prefer Strome from NYI or Duchense from Col
RNH is talented for sure but he always seems to be hurt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad