2016 NHL Draft Prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Who will drop down on draft day?

So who are going to be the draft day droppers?

I'm inclined to say Sergachyov, Tkachuk, Nylander, McLeod.

mattef

consider the following...
May 12, 2014
Montreal, QC
I agree with Chychrun. Start of the year he was pretty much a lock for top 3, but I could see him drop to 7-10

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
In order to know who you would consider droppers we'd have to know your rankings. There are no consensus rankings so coming up with fallers is a bit of a dubious exercise.

Yes, its difficult thing to quantify, so I think you just need to judge it against the mean. Certainly in the past there have been fairly undeniable drops, Barzal, Konecky, Merkeley etc. Although mostly they seem to justified as time goes by.

Personally I'm hoping for some more "head scratchers" from Sweeney as the Bruins have a ton of picks.

Mad Brills*

Nylander is going top 8.

I could see teams passing on chychrun.

He won't fall past the late lottery, but could be cam fowler 2.0

Contender for a top 3 pick, goes 10-11.

Diddy

Feb 20, 2015
SK
IDK why people are saying Nylander may drop. He probably won't go lower than 7 with how his playoffs are going (6 goals 3 assists in 3 games). If anything he's making a case to pass tkachuk and PLD

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
the other question to ask is, who will rise? anyone in playoffs could rise above those not playing, should they perform exceptionally
Some of the guys knocked out early can help there stock at the under 18's. Nylander helped recover his stock there in 2014, Barzal last year. Could easily see Chychrun or McLeod improving their stock in a tourny against there age group. It could also really impact the stock of USNDP guys, Fabbro and Jost (if he plays).

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Honestly only said Chychrun because most people still seem to have him as consensus #4, which i don't really see him even being near of. I think Juolevi will go as a first D in the draft, and his draft position will dictate where Chychrun will go. Every team seems to need D and i can see this being similar kind of draft as 2012 where the dominoes started falling when someone took the first D off the board. There is a pretty big drop-off after the top-3 D's in this draft.

I think Juolevi goes propably 5th or 6th, and Chychrun will go spot or two after him.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
IDK why people are saying Nylander may drop. He probably won't go lower than 7 with how his playoffs are going (6 goals 3 assists in 3 games). If anything he's making a case to pass tkachuk and PLD

He could easily go past 7.

Matthews, Laine, Puljujarvi, Tkachuk, Chychrun, Joulevi, Dubois. There...he's 8 without much struggle.

KidLine93

May 15, 2012
Hoping the Oilers take one of Chychrun or Joulevi.

Oilers odds have them picking around 4th-5th overall most likely.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I can see Gauthier falling. I don't think he'll deserve to but with some of what we've been hearing he could be on the board a decent bit later then someone with his skillset should be.

StuckOutHere

Feb 10, 2010
I think Max Jones is going to drop out of the 1st round. Not because of his suspension, just see too much Tyler Biggs in him.

JS91

May 14, 2014
I could see Puljujarvi dropping. Dubois played exceptionally well until his suspension so I could definitely see a team taking him at #3. After that it's all about personal preference but I doubt Pulju drops below 6. He has probably the best tools in this draft but the question is can he make use of those tools. I'd still bet on him going 3rd though simply because even if he ends up busting he'll still be a solid NHLer due to his size and speed. Still, stranger things have happened and I would not be surprised to see him fall to 5th or 6th.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
It's pretty impossible to predict. Who would've thought Barzal, Connor and Konecny would fall so far last year?

If I had to take a stab at it though I'd say Gauthier, Fabbro and Sergachyov. Although it depends how you rank them. Some guys have Gauthier as a borderline top10 pick whereas others have him around #20. Basically when I'm saying he might fall I'd consider him falling would be if he's taken around #20 rather than around #10.

I guess the same is true for Fabbro. Many guys had him in their top10 at the beginning, and perhaps even the midpoint, of the season but now he seems to have fallen into the 20's already by many scouting agencies. So if he's taken around there I guess it wouldn't be so much of him falling on draft day but rather in the months prior.

Personally I think McLeod should be a guy who falls compared to his draft ranking but I just don't think it will happen because he checks all the boxes for what scouts/GM:s like in a player. I think maybe Tkachuk should fall a little too but with his bloodlines and production I don't see that happening either.

So going on traditional stuff on what might make a player fall I'd suggest Keller will be the one to fall the furthest of the top ranked guys, just because he is lacking in the size department. You saw guys like Bracco, Merkley, Konecny and Barzal fall last year and they're all on the smaller side so I guess that's the most reason a player falls.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
I think Max Jones is going to drop out of the 1st round. Not because of his suspension, just see too much Tyler Biggs in him.

I've seen far too many people say this.

Have you ever watched both Jones and Biggs?

They're both big and like to throw their bodies... That's where the comparables end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad