2016 NHL Draft | Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site
Can see that but in ways reminds me of Jonathan Blum and we know how that turned out.

Blum looked even more dominant back then, just tragic how he never developed.

Just shows how hard it is to project a D.

If the canucks pick top 10, I hope we pick a forward.

banme*

Jun 7, 2014
On Benning's comments. Yes we have forward "depth" but I don't see abundance of elite talent.

IMO the most likely to play on a top line is Boeser on the wing. His shot is elite.

I don't see Virtanen becoming a top line forward. I like Bo and McCann but I see probably 50-60 pt upside. Doubt either is really a true #1 C.

We really need to pick the BPA, period.

That is literally what he said, multiple times actually to the point where the interviewers had to remind him about the rest of the question asked.

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site
That is literally what he said, multiple times actually to the point where the interviewers had to remind him about the rest of the question asked.

yeah he did, I didn't mean to say Benning is leaning towards a specific need - defense - I just hope not.

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
My list right now:

1 Auston Matthews (just by a hair)
2 Patrik Laine
3 Jesse Puljujarv
4 Michael McLeod
5 Olli Juolevi
6. Matthew Tkachuk
7 Jakob Chychrun
8 Alexander Nylander
9 Pierre-Luc Dubois
10 Mikhail Sergachyov

Order might not be right but I think that is your top 10. Also think there is a clear line after those 10 as you drop off to Yost, Jones, Gauthier, Bellows, Bean and maybe Keller. Like to see the Canucks in the top 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad