GDT: 2016 NHL Draft Lottery | Saturday, April 30th, 6pm MT (NBC, CBC) | The other 11.5%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Would Toronto even want Stamkos now? He would benefit the team as a player obviously, provide leadership, take pressure off of the kids, etc., but at the same time, it seems it would be smart for the Leafs to stay the course, not rush anything, and build their forwards around Matthews / Marner / Nylander. Eventually those guys will all need big contracts too, and if you're paying Stamkos ~10 million for 7 years...

Heck, would Stamkos even want to be there now? Apparently he likes playing centre and dislikes the wing.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Would Toronto even want Stamkos now? He would benefit the team as a player obviously, provide leadership, take pressure off of the kids, etc., but at the same time, it seems it would be smart for the Leafs to stay the course, not rush anything, and build their forwards around Matthews / Marner / Nylander. Eventually those guys will all need big contracts too, and if you're paying Stamkos ~10 million for 7 years...

Heck, would Stamkos even want to be there now? Apparently he likes playing centre and dislikes the wing.

i probably wouldn't go after him if i'm toronto.

next year's ontario star center UFA is the guy to go after and hard.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Well we have five forwards that are either top six caliber, or have that potential.

MacKinnon, Duchene, Landeskog, Girgorenko, & Rantanen

Maybe Compher can be the 6th?

I'm not that excited about the 10th O/A, we'll see if anyone falls I guess.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Oh well. It's unfortunate we didn't move up but it's not like the odds were in our favour. Now we can just focus on the realistic options for us at #10.

Laine in the division is going to really suck. That's the worst part about this whole thing.

I'm okay with the Leafs getting the first pick. Stamkos and Matthews in one offseason is going to be a great way to speed up that rebuild.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Well we have five forwards that are either top six caliber, or have that potential.

MacKinnon, Duchene, Landeskog, Girgorenko, & Rantanen

Maybe Compher can be the 6th?

10th is going to be a very good pick. Rantanen was an exception but this kid will be our top prospect easily.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014

Really? I'm liking a lot of the guys the more I read about them. I Would have no problem with any of these:

1) Matthews
2) Puljujarvi
3) Laine
4) Dubois
5) Chychrun
6) Tkachuk
7) Jost
8) Brown
9) Gauthier
10) Bellows
11) McLeod
12) Rubtsov
13) Sergachev
14) Juolevi
15) Nylander

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Even though we didn't win, I'm pretty happy with how the lottery turned out...glad we didn't drop out of #10 and I'm fine with Toronto, Winnipeg and Columbus getting big upgrades. I wouldn't have minded if Arizona won 1st overall either, just for the feel-good story.

Nice to see Edmonton go from #2 to #4...well deserved.

We're going to get another really good player this year...exciting stuff!

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
How can you not be excited about the 10th pick? There are some really good players in that range and you never know who might fall down a few spots.

Rantanen's don't come around often but our 10th pick is going to be an exciting prospect in the system.

Loved the new lottery system. Sucks that WPG won but it's not the worse thing ever.

EDM fans on Twitter are already talking about 4th OA for Barrie. It's going to be a long summer lol

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
This myth that we can get Drouin for the 10th overall needs to die.

Yea I quick edited that just in case someone for some reason thought I meant we could get him for that alone, but it was obviously for naught.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad